A Stoopid Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
ok, bear with me. have you noticed that whenever neo, trinity, morpheus or any of the others go into the matrix they never wear body armor? i mean if you can be killed by bullets in the matrix, why not wear body armor?

Shape Shifter
becos if they did the movied be crap wouldnt it?

Rogue Jedi
yes, but i thought the whole idea here was "what if" and "why did they do this"

TheOne101
lol you were right...it was a dumb question it would ruin the movie lol and make em all look funny.

Shape Shifter
that to, i mean have u any idea how difficualt it is to move like they do if they were wearing kevler?

Rogue Jedi
there are all different kinds of body armor. there are some that are form fitting and stop even large caliber bullets. if you were gonna go into the matrix, wouldnt you don some kind of armor?

Agent Elrond
They don't need body armor, they need a program that can destroy bullets. Neo has natural body armor. NO bullets can harm him.

Rogue Jedi
but morpheus and the others dont have this.

xeous
But they do have Neo. Besides, who would have a RSI that would include Body Armor?

Rogue Jedi
ok, i am not a big matrix fan, so forgive my ignorance on this..whats an RSI?

GABRIEL05
What if body armor was ineffective against Agent bullets?

Rogue Jedi
here we go!! debate!!! this is what i am looking for!!!

Shape Shifter
Residual self image, or waht a person looks like when their in the Matrix...ir also stand for Computer Related Repetitive Strain hahaha

xeous
Agent bullets are based on rules so, if the rules state that the armor can stop .50 cal bullets and the agents use .50 cal bullets(Which they do), the armor would stop them.

Rogue Jedi
there is body armor that can stop bullets that size.

sum1butno1
Is there armour that can stop AP rounds?

And can Desert Eagles fire AP rounds?

Rogue Jedi
dunno. this is great, thanx guys, for being patient with me.

MC Mike
RSI has no influence. How do you think they took in "Guns. Lot's of Guns."? erm If they wanted it, they would ask for it in a program. Anyways, they should be able to defend themselves well enough, and if you see an agent, even the slightest hinderance, such as a vest, is a big diffrence.

Rogue Jedi
i know guys in the military and on the police force. some of the vests they make nowadays are extremely light weight, so that they dont hinder your movement.

GABRIEL05
You'de figure they would have invented a hack that could defeat body armor.

Rogue Jedi
thats a good one. would that be posible?

xeous
I guess that Neo and Company better prey that Kerry doesn't get elected...Bullet Proof vests might become illegal. wink

GABRIEL05
HUH?

Rogue Jedi
my thoughts exactly....huh?

((The_Anomaly))
Because, it doesnt look cool..

JediHDM
Agents use Deagles, or Desert Eagles, but they are not original...they are modified Deagles...otherwise, they woulda blown Morpheus' ankle off when he was hit in the first movie. And yes, i'm sure they could use body armor, but the agents would just aim for the head, or rewrite the matrix...i mean, they are programs in a program, i'm sure that body armor would make no difference. plus, it would, probably, make them bulkier, and they need to be lithe and able to have full range of motion in order to do their jobs correctly. so, no body armor. hope that helps.

Rogue Jedi
you guys are like "the matrix council" to me. thanx loads for all the answers and your unending patience.

Vim
by the way in Reloaded after Trin gets slammed through the wall by the agent, where do her guns come from? And why does the agent move behind the wall, couldn't he easily dodge them? And since they agents are supposedly upgrades, they should be able to do more than just grab Neo's arm one time right??

shake zula
i'm not exactly sure how the guns got there, but to make sense of it, i told myself that link hacked them in. he always watches throught he code rain and figured trin could use his help. i mean in M1, tank loaded them with guns, lots of guns. and the cars... how can you hack in a car and not a gun? but that's just me... i don't really know if that is possible or if it even makes sense to anyone else except me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.