Clarett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blissbo
Anybody think Maurice Clarett is going to make any kind of impact in the NFL? I think he is too young, too slow and doesn't have the mindstate for it. I predict he is a 3rd rounder but he is a complete bust.

SAtown_punk
I think he will do well, but not within the first few years. He shouldn't even be allowed in. What an idiot...why not go back to college for a year, and improve your skills and your draft placement? Hell, he may even get another title.

Blissbo
He could have done that except that he hired an agent which makes him ineligible to play in college now. Yeah he is going about this all the wrong way. When he steps on the field the opposing D is going to try to hit him that much harder to prove that he doesn't deserve to be in the NFL. He challenged the NFL union, and single handedly changed the draft. All these kids are going to go into the NFL draft now that don't belong there and need more time to mature. The NFL is going to turn into the NBA right before our eyes

SAtown_punk
But look at th NBA and Lebron James. They are letting high school kids enter the draft, and then we get great players like Lebron, Kobe, and Garnett. I don't think Clarett will be an immediately great player, but I think he will progress into one.

Blissbo
You want to look at the NBA? Look at Darius Miles, Kwame Brown, Deshawn Stephenson, Jonathon Bender, etc. For every Lebron James that comes out and excels there is 10 other guys that find out the hard way they are not even close to ready to compete at that level. That is why the NBA is not as popular as it was back in the 80's or 90's. Sure they can dunk and drive but can they shoot, no, can they play defense, no, can they fill the seats, no. These guys SUCK and they ruined a sport with great history and tradition. I don't want this to happen to the NFL. Clarett challenged the rule and opened the gate for Larry Fitzgerald and I can imagine 2 or 3 other guys who should have stayed in college as well. When Clarett fails in his first year, he will get booed, and his coach is going to ride his ass and he will take it personally because he is not used to losing, being yelled at, and being treated like an adult, BECAUSE HE's A KID. I wouldn't be surprised if he cries on the sideline more than once during his short career.

SAtown_punk
The NBA is better than it ever was. There are role players on every team now whereas there were only 6 or 7 in the league all together in the earlier years. Lebron James is the best thing to happen to basketball in a long, long time.

boxofdeath2.0
Clarett won't do much right now, but Williams and Fitzgerald will make an immediate impact.

And with the court's ruling in favor of Clarett, it opened the door for 5 high schoolers to declare for the NFL draft. These kids are a joke. One of them never played for the varsity, one went to a school for developmentally disabled children, 2 weren't on their school's 2003 rosters, and one kid went to an alternative school that doesn't even have a football team. laughing

Hopefully, everything will be back to normal next year. I dont think it will hurt the league at all, only the individual players.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.