Why do you read?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I read because in books I can be anything, a wizard, a warrior, a pirate, anything or anywhere! Also it takes my away from the harsh reality of life, when I read I fall into a completly different world.

What about you guys?

§pearhead
Because I'm bored, or I like to think about something that's not spelled out to you in bright colors.

Aetheria
One word.

Escapism.

And also because I'm bored.

kohl
it feeds my imagination. also there is one great quotation that's something like "when you read you are never alone"--i find that quite appropriate at times. and there is a book for every possible mood.

MasterWizard
I read because what's is written on paper is often better than what you see on TV. I can escape to a world of my choosing. There's nothing like it. You can imagine what is written any way you want.

Z4˘|<
I read when there is nothing else to do.

Corlindel
Why you breathe?

Baylin
When I read I see the story unfolding in my head as if I'm watching a film on screen. The difference is that its far more intense. What with reading the characters thoughts and feelings it makes it as if I'm actually a part of the story.

speiderman
You can get inside someone's head when you are reading. Almost feel what they are feeling. I like reading because it is relaxing to me.

slashwristbarbi
When I was reading I came across this line from the character "I need to loose myself in fantasy for a while. Reality is too hard." That about sums it up.

Julie
It's fun and there are a whole lot of wonderful books that make you love the characters and want to know what happens in their lives.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I agree with pretty much all of those, expecially Baylin.

shanie623
I love to read books because I believe that every story is related to our reality... When I read, I feel like I get to have a chance to be in another universe... It relaxes me and puts my mind out of misery... Reading helps me write... What else?

mlblover15
i read because im interested in the genre that i read.. military, espionage, political thrillers... always been fasinated with it... plus what i find in bookd is far better than 99.9% of anything that is on tv any day.. other than baseball that is....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.