Stoopid Question # 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
guys, i am quickly becoming a matrix fan. the more i talk about it and watch the movies, the more i like them. but, i have a lot of questions, so you guys are like my tutors, so dont make fun of me if i post or ask something dumb.
question: ok, i know that if you are plugged into the matrix you can be killed. any damage you sustain in the matrix shows up on your body when you unplug, right? well, lets say that niobe is working on her ship and accidentally slices off her finger. now, when she plugs into the matrix, doe she have that finger, or is it missing?

Shape Shifter
(this is just my opinion, and uim usre a few will disagree with me) it depends on whether she wants it to be gone or not, remember RSI in the other thread? Well she could make it that when shes in the matrix she still has that finger...or she could just use her other hand i suppose lol

Rogue Jedi
so when someone plugs in, they appear in the matrix as they wish to appear?

Shape Shifter
basically yes, have you seen the first matrix? Where Morph says to neo,

'your appearance has changed, the plugs in your arms and head have gone etc etc etc. your image now is what we call residuel self image, the mental projection of your digital self.'

In the real world Neo was as bald as a newborn baby, but in the construct he has his hair back. because that is the way he sees himself.

Rogue Jedi
i see. thanx.

Lil Seraph
Also In Revolutions, Neo has no eyes HAHAHAHA in the real world, but he does in the fight with Agent Smith. You see.

Rogue Jedi
i see now.

((The_Anomaly))
They appear as what they want, remember in M3, neo has no eyes in the real world but when he fights Smith, he obviously has eyes......something else that i want to address is that u said "ok, i know that if you are plugged into the matrix you can be killed. any damage you sustain in the matrix shows up on your body when you unplug" this is not entirely true. SOME things show up such as coughing up blood, however if ur shot its not like a bullet hole appears n ur chest and starts to bleed........

JediHDM
its not that they appear as they want to appear, but, they're Mind isn't damaged when they slice off their finger. Thus, they still look the same when they plug in. And it's not that if they lose thier arm in the matrix that they will lose their arm in real life, but their mind will inflict pain on it self. their arm won't fall off, but it will be hurt, and it may even start bleeding internally.

Rogue Jedi
the more i watch the movies and the more you guys tell me, the more i understand. thanx!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.