Spawn vs. The Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnoidfreak
i was kinda tired of people posting just Marvel and DC matchups. Both of these guys' powers are hella cool, and this would be a great fight to the death.

eleveninches
spawn

Arachnoidfreak
no explination on how you came to that conclusion?

eleveninches
I dont know anything about the darkness, so i have to go for spawn

Arachnoidfreak
ill find some info for you.

WWestFlashFan
me 2

WWestFlashFan
ill find it 1st

WWestFlashFan
n/m i gotta eat dinner

Arachnoidfreak
http://media.supereva.it/comics/topcow/dark/darkness.htm?p Here are some pictures of him. ill have more soon

eleveninches
The darkness are a rock band.

WWestFlashFan
waaaawaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

WWestFlashFan
The Darkness *is a rock band

WWestFlashFan
well i dont think the music will kill spawn...i vote Spawn

Arachnoidfreak
Im not talking about the shitty rock band. im talking about the Top Cow character The Darkness. his real name is Jackie Esconado. His power is literally to control darkness. out of a shadow he can bring forth countless minions of all sorts, rabid mutated dogs, monsters, gremlins, ANYTHING that he can think of. Once he gets a woman pregnant, he loses his power and dies, passing the power to his son. the powers will not appear in the child until he is 21. and his costume kicks ass

Arachnoidfreak
dont you people read anything besides Marvel and DC?? Image Comics, Top Cow Productions, Valiant Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Chaos Comics, they are all great companies with ****ing cool heroes and villans.

VENOMfan
*screamed in a girly voice*
I belive in a thing called loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove! ooooooowhoooooooooooooo.....whoyeah!

and Darkness would own Spawny

Arachnoidfreak
Thank you Venom! im glad someone knows something outside of Marvel and DC. i was thinking that the Darkness would f*ck spawn over as well. can you be my new best friend?

eleveninches
I believe in a thing called love. hahaha.
spawn vs justin hawking (the guy in the tight trousers)

VENOMfan
lol Yeah Darkness is on a differnt level I first found out who he wa about 5 years ago cuase I did a big ass oil painting of him in art, the coolset looking heros ever if you can clearly see him.

http://manduda.com/images/dotb2000/full/darkness-10-de.jpg

Arachnoidfreak
i would have done that...but im new, i dont know how to post the image directly onto the reply window.

eleveninches
CLick on the reply button at the bottom of the page, and click the brouse button nearthe bottom of the next page. Then look for the image you want to upload, and upload it.

VENOMfan
you have to find the images URL the post it in between

the url would go here but dont leave spaces

Arachnoidfreak
http://media.supereva.it/comics/topcow/dark/dark11i.jpg

Arachnoidfreak
hey it worked! nice. Thanks Venomfan http://media.supereva.it/comics/topcow/dark/Dark1.jpg

eleveninches
sawn versus:

Arachnoidfreak
ugh. i hate that band.

VENOMfan
not to leave ol Spawny out of the loop........

http://www.thecreech.com/images/capullo/artwork/poster1.jpg

WWestFlashFan
Darkness is bad....in a good way...I only have 1 Image comic its the 1st issue of Combat

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
The Darkness is very powerful. i recommend it, its a good read, decent writing, and Marc Silvestri is a great artist.

norrin radd
i have to check it out then

Arachnoidfreak
*bump*

cuz i felt like it.

Alpha Centauri
I think The Darkness rules (comic) from what I've read. Seems like a kick ass character.

"The Darkness *is a rock band"

It can be said either IS or ARE.

-AC

FeceMan
To be completely grammatically correct, "are" is proper conjugation of the verb. However, we (not including myself) Americans don't care about things like that. That's why we always say "they" instead of "he or she" (once again not including myself).

Anyway...

First Appearance: Witchblade #10

Identity/Class: Supernaturally enhanced human

Affiliations: Mafia, Witchblade

Enemies: Witchblade (former); the Angelus Queen and her warriors, Batman, Lord Sonatine and the Brotherhood of Darkness, Appolonia Franchetti (daughter of Don Frank, rival for the heir to the throne position)

Known Relatives: Don Frank Franchetti (adopted father, although he calls him "Uncle" Frankie)

Aliases: None known

Base of Operations:

History: "I am powerful... I am immortal... I can do anything... I am cursed... I am the Darkness."

Jackie Estacudo was an orphan. As a young boy he was taken from the orphanage he was in by Frank Franchetti, head of the Franchetti Mafia family, and raised as his son. The Don raised a ruthless killer, because he had come to genuinely love his surrogate son, and wanted to see him survive in their cutthroat business. Jackie grew up to be a hitman for the Family, living the high life of a top assassin, full of fast cars, fast women, violence and money. Then he turned 21 and came into his real inheritance; a supernatural force, a curse, known as the Darkness. This was a power diametrically opposite to that behind the Witchblade. At first Jackie found his new abilities to be really cool, but then he discovered one of the price tags attached to it; if he ever impregnates a woman, creating an heir for the power, he will die. The power can only have one holder at a time, and the wielder only gives it up by dying.

As stated Jackie's powers surfaced on his twenty-first birthday, the same day he was sent to kill Sara Pezzini (see Witchblade). While he was trying to kill her, the power of Darkness overtook him. Sometime later he would encounter her again, this time as an ally, for though their powers are diametrically opposed, the wielders aren't always.

Other problems started to arise. First there was Sonantine and his Brotherhood of Darkness, a cult which worshipped the holder of the power...so long as that holder agreed to the Brotherhood's plans to rewrite the world to suit themselves. If the incumbant didn't concur with this view, and Jackie didn't, then the Brotherhood felt it their duty to ensure the power was past on to someone more worthy as soon as possible. It turned out that it had been Sonantine who had first suggested adopting Jackie to Don Franchetti, having told the mob boss that the child would be able to aid the prosperity of the Family in the future.

Then there was the Angelus Queen and her minions, who had been created centuries ago by another person under the curse. They had survived all this time by draining the life out of several previous inheritors, each time growing more powerful. And the didn't see why Jackie should be an exception to this lifestyle choice of theirs.

But in spite of all this, Jackie intends to continue to live the life he always had, no matter who he has to kill to do so.

Powers/Abilities: Jackie is empowered with the Darkness. He can create virtually anything, including living , sentient beings, out of shadow. However these creations will turn to dust upon exposure to daylight. His power is the natural adversary of the Witchblade power.

Comments: Created by Marc Silvestri, Garth Ennis and David Wohl

Arachnoidfreak
Oh c'mon, don't turn my perfectly fine Darkness/Spawn thread into a grammar debate.

Mane
Spawn. i just cant see Jackie overcoming him.

FeceMan
Lol, sorry...

Creechuur
Now, this is a good fight. I'm surprised Image never did it, but I guess after Top Cow broke off from Image the Darkness wasn't an Image property anymore.

The Darkness would kick his a$$. Spawn is great, but he spends so much time whining and crying about everything. Jackie on the other hand seems to embrace his power, even be sadistic with it. It would be a tough fight, since Spawn is dangereous when he's cornered, but Jackie would definitely come out the winner.

How cool would it be if Jackie won and the symbiote decided to bond with him? An ex-hitman with the powers of the Darkness AND a Hellspawn symbiote...thats just brutal.

FeceMan
Can anyone give some examples of Darkness' powers? I understand the description, but it seems a bit vague. I assume he makes weaponry out of darkness, maybe some monsters?

ragesRemorse
as bad ass as darkness is, i dont beleive he could overcome all of spawns abilities.

Arachnoidfreak
He can basically use the darkness(shadows mostly) as his own personal GL ring, except he can make ANYTHING. GL can't make animate objects. Darkness can create life with his powers. He can make weapons with it too. He's made wings to fly (i dunno if i posted that one so ill post it here), and does badass shit all the time.

Arachnoidfreak
Flying.

Arachnoidfreak
Ripping a person's skeleton out of his body.

Arachnoidfreak
A small amount of his powers...

http://mitglied.lycos.de/Comic_fanpage/Comics/Darkness/DarknessGallery1/Darkness25.jpg

Creechuur
Well, his powers are two-fold

1) He can bring things into the world from the Darkness realm. All the little darklings and tentacles and stuff have been made by previous Darkness incarnations (or are native to the Darkness realm), and so he kind of owns them now, and can manifest them at will, as long as he's in total darkness.

2) If he wants to make something new, hes got to know exactly how its made. For example, he can make guns since he knows every part and how those parts interact. He could not make a woman or an electron microscope or anything else he doesn't know inside and out.

I think thats about it.

Spawnie
I'm sorry guys, but I've been a fan of Darkness since it came out, and I can tell u that he can't beat Spawn. He might but if we get realistic he can't.

These 2 r my favorite out there, and I'm surprised that the American public is still so ignorant of the new age comics and the new publishers.
I thought Spawn was gonna bring u other comics that u could be interested in and that u would be more openminded about it all.
Darkness and Witchblade opened a good story and I think u guys could read it.

Darkness is no more they killed him and sent him to hell. Actually he killed himself out of his own fre will. He wanted to go out with a bang.
I saw him in another issue of Witchblade, and he was an old feeble man roaming hell sensless. I hate them for doing that to my hero.
Do u know how sad it is to watch Jackie die? I had the guy tattooed to my right arm and they decide to kill him.
Why is that u think? CUZ U GUY WOULDN'T BUY ANTHING OTHER THEN MARVEL AND DC! That's why!

About the fight betwen Spawn and him, yes Jackie could fight him, but only at night or in a dark tunnel. Then JAckie could have the upper hand, but if Spawn teleports both of them somewher where there is light, well there go the Darkness powers. Spawn can't just chew enemies and spit them out, or anyone for that reason, Spawn fights fair and he is just gets better with age.

Witchblade and Darkness story rulez. U should see how it looks a bind of Witchblade and Darkness. They form Excalibur! no mo from me :P

read it!

norrin radd

Creechuur
Well, the fights no fun if Jackie can't use his powers too. I say the fight has to happen in darkness, or of course there would be no fight.

Arachnoidfreak
I agree 100%, and you can see some of my rants about this on a few threads throughout the forum.

I can't believe they killed Jackie sad, but like most comic book heroes, he should come back.

Arachnoidfreak
Spawnie: Don't worry! http://www.hillcity-comics.com/graphic_novels/new_graphic_novel2800.htm

Alpha Centauri
It does suck that only Marvel and DC only get the income. I mean I go for what I knew because it's a sure thing but everytime I've taken a gamble and gone for something I'm not sure of, it's been great. Darkness for example. People should do so more often.

-AC

FeceMan
That's....horrible. How in the world did he do that?

EDIT: Holy crap, you deserve a freakin' prize! You said "his" instead of "their"!!!

Arachnoidfreak
I don't see why people wouldn't take that gamble. A comic is what, $2.25-$3? Not much of a loss if you get a bad comic. Besides, you can probably auction it off on ebay if you don't like it.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

-AC

Spawnie
Hey thanx for that link, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa, HE'S BACK LADIES!

I never thought they would bring him back, oh lord thank u.

To backup what was said in the last rants, I agree with u guys. How do u guys think I got interested in Spawn or Darkness, or Witchblade? I took a chance and bought something other then Marvel. When I first came to the US I also thought that u only had Marvel and DC, I had no idea of Image. I was really saturated with Wolverine and the X men cuz there was too much background that I never had the chance to read. It seemed like a lot of work. So, during my 10 months in Tulsa, Ok I started collecting Spawn, Ghost Rider, Witchblade, and MArvel trading cards smile. Since I got back home I have to get my stuff In Italy.
it's a good thing since the italians have almost everything that u guys have in the US.

Don't get me wrong Marvel and DC r still big in Europe but not as they were before Image comics.

norrin radd

manjaro
both thier powers are cool. strength wise i dunno how they match up but jackie's got all them minions from hell and shit so he might win.

another interesting note however is that al's cloak is basically his own GL ring when you think about it

moshtitan
i would take Darkness. too much for old' Spawn too handle.

Spawnie
If Spawn touches Jackie and gives him redemption, oh lordie. When Spawn went to hell he blazed through its layers and went for the top.
Jackie went to hell as a powerless man. Spawn is the greatest when in dire straits, cuz that is the moment when his best selfpreservation immagination kicks in. Spawn could make Jackie cry like a baby!
Thing is that Jacke isn't all that bad so maybe he would be spared, and left with just a mark on his skin wink. mauahhhhhhahahahha

Arachnoidfreak
"be spared"? Jackie is NO pushover, this fight would last a couple of issues at least. The more I think about this fight, the more I want it to happen. The thing is, Spawn loves to travel and do his thing at night, where Jackie is at his most powerful.

FeceMan
I'm still wondering how he ripped a guy's skeleton out of his body.

Arachnoidfreak
Don't think to hard, the answer is simple.

any amount of strength + comic book fantasy = skeleton ripping madness.

FeceMan
Very humorous indeed laughing.

However, the question is, how did he get ahold of the poor fellow's skeleton? If he just grabbed him by the head, he'd have a bit of a hard time taking his skeleton without his skin (which wouldn't cause him to die).

Spawnie
He applied brute force in a snapping move. Very graphic and nice.

Silfer IceBlood
He accomplished this feat by useing the darkness' power from within the man tearing all tissue from his bones. All done while the man was alive and kicking.

Mider
I think Darkness can win this one cause well he is immortal and unlike spawn his powers seem to be with out limit i mean if spawn fights him at night? Wow kiss his butt goodbye. I mean i for one know that spawn is very powerful but his powers run out darkness on the other hand (not the character the actual thing) is everywere so spawn goes down in this one, oh and when darkness died he just came back together cut spawns head off bye bye spawn. BUT I STILL LOVE THEM BOTH AND THESE NEW AGE COMICS ARE FREAKING FANTASTIC.

Mider
do darkness's creations die in any light or just sunlight, i ask cause spawn might make sunlight just a theory.

Milkie
What a change of heart...

Spawn takes this.

Even when he had the limit

Mider
that was posted a long time ago before i knew spawns range of powers

Arachnoidfreak
An earlier Spawn would have been a great match for Jackie, I'd say just before he fought Urizen. After that he just becomes insanely powerful and can't be stopped.

Mider
cant spawn create light?

Milkie
Sure.

I don't see why he couldn't.

I can give you scans his you like.

Takion
THIS THREAD IS RIDICULOS!!

Tassadar
The Darkness is a force of nature in Witchblade-verse, the only way to beat the Darkness is with a fragment of the Witchblade (which Spawn doesnt have) or by getting him to knock someone up (which Spawn cannot do) Darkness has taken on demons before, their attacks healed instantly, magic or otherwise
Darkness wins, against 1st or 3rd age Spawn at least.......

Takion
Originally posted by Tassadar
The Darkness is a force of nature in Witchblade-verse, the only way to beat the Darkness is with a fragment of the Witchblade (which Spawn doesnt have) or by getting him to knock someone up (which Spawn cannot do) Darkness has taken on demons before, their attacks healed instantly, magic or otherwise
Darkness wins, against 1st or 3rd age Spawn at least.......
Spawn doesnt have to KILL him. He can defeat him, or trap him somewhere. 3rd is almost on Par with second. He is getting very strong.

NiņoArņia
i say in light = Spawn in total darkness = Darkness, i mean, it'd be pretty hard to kill a guy who can control everything around you.

Takion

NiņoArņia
Originally posted by Takion
You know Spawn had heavinly powers too right?

eh, i've read spawn for a lil bit, haven't read recent though, whats his powers thus far?

Milkie
Originally posted by Takion
You know Spawn had heavinly powers too right?

Greenworld, not Heaven

Lord Urizen
Spawn can beat both Darkness AND Witchblade.

Lord Urizen

Arachnoidfreak
Current Spawn yes would own Darkness in 4 out of 5 fights, but when I made this thread Spawn hadn't even fought Urizen yet. Darkness would rape old Spawn.

Takion
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Current Spawn yes would own Darkness in 4 out of 5 fights, but when I made this thread Spawn hadn't even fought Urizen yet. Darkness would rape old Spawn.
Old Spawn would still beat Darkness.

Arachnoidfreak
I'd like you to back up your statement with something of course. Mine is on the first page.

boba_f
Hmm i dont know...This is a great battle.
The Darkness is an ancient power from hell confused Spawn is a power from hell...

grey fox
Any version of Spawn whomps the darkness. The darkness is a poor mans venom.....

Mider
lol he is super powerful but his weakness is lame i mean anyone can get light, thing is his character i think he brings smoke bombs and he can cover light with shadows.

Milkie
I'm going to be putting Spawn 150 - 156 in the Spawn Respect Thread.

Look forward to it sometime today or tomorrow.

Lord Urizen
The whole Darkness story is cheesy lol

Milkie
Go check it out LU I put 150 in there so far. Don't post in it though.

It's pretty long so I left a few things hat are really not important out.

But the I think I should have posted how the End Times have come.

The whole Mississippi River turned to blood. Probably all the water in the world soon. Things are really getting crazy.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Milkie
Go check it out LU I put 150 in there so far. Don't post in it though.

It's pretty long so I left a few things hat are really not important out.

But the I think I should have posted how the End Times have come.

The whole Mississippi River turned to blood. Probably all the water in the world soon. Things are really getting crazy.

Yeah Milkie i have that issue.....

I have the latest fight with Spawn vs Kali, where she basically humilated him.

Remember the twins? Wanda's demonic children? Remember how Jakie told his sister that "your Kali thing didn't even make tonight's news"?

So does that mean that Kali is only a figment of thier imagination? She seemed to have a personality and ego of her own, and she was redicoulsly powerful. Even Spawn could not beat her. She even had the power to pass the dead child to his next afterlife, so she really does have the powers of the goddess of life and death.

That kinda threw me off.....

Milkie
Spawn

Mider999
spawn can probably do things as good as darkness but more since he doesnt really need to know what the things he makes are made out of.

Tenebrous
If this is bloodlust, then i give it to spawn. I'm a huge fan of the Darkness, but spawn's trait of being an undead sob from hell automatically tips the scales in his favor...jackie can eviscerate him time and time again and spawn just comes back.

if this match is first to KO, then it's a different story.

shadow177a17
Spawn will win for he is on the same power level as God and Satan making it a pointless exercise. For after eating from the Tree of Life in while in the garden of Eden he has the power to decimate all his enemies. Sorry Darkness he maybe cool and all but he truly isn't a match for the Hellspawn.

shadow177a17
Spawn will win for he is on the same power level as God and Satan making it a pointless exercise. For after eating from the fruit from Tree of Life in while in the Garden Of Eden he has the power to decimate all his enemies. Sorry Darkness he maybe cool and all but he truly isn't a match for the Hellspawn.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by shadow177a17
Spawn will win for he is on the same power level as God and Satan making it a pointless exercise. For after eating from the fruit from Tree of Life in while in the Garden Of Eden he has the power to decimate all his enemies. Sorry Darkness he maybe cool and all but he truly isn't a match for the Hellspawn.

That's 4th age Spawn. He's abstract level, or at least high skyfather.

1st and 3rd age are the best ones to use for this fight. 2nd is too strong and 4th......is god.

1st age. If this is an arena, Spawn's dead. Jackie can beat him as there's no light. Now, Spawn might be able to use his powers to make sunlight. In which case, he can murder jackie. If it's not in an arena, Spawn just has to outlast him, and wait for dawn.

3rd age. With no light, hard to tell. They're both nearly unkillable. If Spawn can make light or can wait him out, he can win. Otherwise, stalemate.

endrict
What the guy above said.

Dreampanther
I haven't read either Spawn or The Darkness in ages. Has Spawn really gotten so powerful that he can stomp The Darkness? Even at night? I thought this would be a pretty good match-up. myself.

Galan007
Spawn has undergone a LOT of changes since this thread was originally created ~13 years ago.

As of current continuity, Spawn has been massively depowered and would get stomped by Jackie... Just prior to getting depowered, however(ie. right after his most recent resurrection), Spawn was ridiculously powerful -- moreso than he's EVER been, barring the MoM amp. He shit-stomped every single Hell Lord(inc. Satan himself) + the entirety of Hell's army, with minimal effort. That version would obviously stomp Jackie.

Dreampanther
Dang. Maybe I should go and pick up a few issues again, see what I missed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.