What do you what to do with your life...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Onyx
i see alot of people complain about their life and stuff and that they not living how they dreamed. so i want to know what alot of you want to do after you get out of collage or are wishing you could do right know.

i want to be a DJ for a rock station or and actress

§pearhead
I plan on living confused maybe

Black Onyx
o.k.

Agent Phillips
I want to be an actress. I have this burning ambition to someday star in a Tim Burton movie.

However,
I'm not entirely certain that any career is going to be an option for me. Not because I'm not qualified, no I'm an A student, I pass exams with amazing ease...no, it's because I honestly think I'm either going to be in prison or some sort of institution by the time I'm 20.
I'm not kidding, I really think that before too long I'm going to murder one of my classmates. I've been being tormented incesently for about 12 straight years, I recieved my first death threat at the age of 5. The problem is what they're doing isn't technically against any rules, so the most the teachers can do is tell them to lay off me, which means nothing to those prats. Plus, they do it little by little, each attack isn't that bad in itself, but over the years it's been like a dripping tap, drip, drip, drip, drip... and it's not just one person, it's everyone, all but a few of my close friends. They come over, they start asking me questions, in these really patronising voices, they won't leave me alone, then if I have anything in my hands or on the table near me, they take it off me, and if I try to get it back they accuse me of going psycho and then all their friend come over and start staring at me and taunting me, I feel like a dangerous animal in a cage at the zoo. On the bus, if anyone's going to have something thrown at them, or have someone smack them over the head or have someone kick the back of their seat it'll be me. People I don't even know call me names, everyone seems to know and hate me even though I've done nothing to them.
That's the part that gets to me most, they won't even tell me why they're doing it, they won't even tell me why...

*pauses* I can't believe I just wrote all that. I've never said that out loud before. Just goes to show that I trust the KMC members much more than anyone I know in real life

§pearhead
That's kinda sad cry

yerssot
erm, that happened to a friend I know too, AP...

can't you switch schools or something?

Evy_O
That is infuriating Agent Philips! You should at least change school, these kind of people don't worth it no

Agent Phillips
That wouldn't make any difference, like I said, it's not one person or even always people I know, so I have no reason to believe that moving to another school would change things at all. Plus, I can't move now, I'm half way through my GCSE course.

yerssot
still, you should at least TRY it out, what do you lose with changing schools?

Agent Phillips
I don't want to tell anyone about it though, they'd say I was being stupid. I really do want to move schools though, I want to move out of the bloody country if I'm honest. Go to America, where my accent would sound normal (I have an American accent, I picked it up when I was a kid watching sesame street and it's the most common subject of the insults)

yerssot
so, you rather face another X years of teasing and such cause you don't want to be called stupid?

the best you can do, is DO switch schools and make the best from what you have of your highschool "carriere"

that all or stand up to them

silver_tears
where do you live now?

§pearhead
We americans don't have any accents stick out tongue

funny, i plan on moving out of th US laughing out loud

yerssot
house swapping wink

sure you have an accent, with all the elevators and such stick out tongue

Agent Phillips
The US wouldn't be as good if you weren't in it luv smile

§pearhead
shut it yers stick out tongue I'll admit I've got a faint boston accent, seen as how i live 40 miles from there.

and thanks AP big grin

Kaleanae
Some Americans laugh of people that have accents no expression

yerssot
*best southern bowl accent*
What the heeeeell is going oooon ??

(JW Pepper, The Man With The Golden Gun, James Bond)

Agent Phillips
Yeah, but if I lived in America, I'd have the excuse of actually being forein. (I'm from wales by the way)

Oh, and yers, I do stand up to them, I've got scars to prove it, it does me no good, they all think I'm nuts now to go along with it*. When I said about them calling me stupid, I meant my parents and teachers, I need my parents permission to move schools and I can do without my teachers being against me too.

*They're probably right, I saw a speciallist who said I had rage issues and I was holding back so he wouldn't make me have sesions with him or anything like that.

Kaleanae
I said that because I'm from a foreign country and live in America and some poeple just laugh at my accent

yerssot
you got scars to prove it? than frankly, you did it wrong

I'm not going to say you should go to violance, cause it's bad and only brings more problems to you...
when someone starts again, give a hard and well aimed kick at his kneecap, with any luck you brake it and he'll feel it for the rest of his life, that should keep him away from you

§pearhead
Kal: mad i'd like to meet those rat bastards who laugh at foreign accents. Having different accents is awesome! sad

silver_tears
I wasn't born in Canada, but my accent is purely Canadian having spent almost my whole life here erm

Agent Phillips
I did the best I could, I'm just not that strong. I have a very high pain threshold when it suits me so I can act like I don't care when people hit me, but I'm not too good at causing pain back. Also I can't aim to save my life, so the kneecap thing wouldn't work.

Anyway, on to someone elses life now please.

yerssot
sure, so... spear,... living huh?

Kaleanae
Hey, I want to be an engineer, I'm going to study Biomedical engineering even though I want to be a pilot big grin
Aviation engineering would be great messed

§pearhead
I plan on becoming an author, actually, or going into advertising messed

Kaleanae
smile

silver_tears
I plan on opening my own law practise in a little German town up north big grin

yerssot
what would you write about?

§pearhead
messed thats the problem. Sometimes I'll write about really obscure things, other times things that parallel current events in an alternate present...

...and almost always the bad guys, whoever they may be, win evil face

yerssot
I would buy those books wink

Kaleanae
You should study journalism

§pearhead
I'm doing that next year, actually smile

yerssot
good luck with that

Kaleanae
Great, do you know where do you want to go? which college?

§pearhead
Not a clue laughing out loud

yerssot
it's the idea that counts I guess

Kaleanae
stick out tongue I didn't have a clue where to apply and I applied to different schools in different places, just to see if I was going to be accepted
I applied to Michigan State University, Brown University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Steven Institute of Technology and Rutgers University messed

silver_tears
I'm taking law next year big grin
I already know where I'm going for University big grin

eleveninches
I still really don't know.

silver_tears
In fact I have to start writing scholorship essays next year messed

yerssot
just make a decision in time, eleveninches

and a good one too stick out tongue

Julie
I want to be a forensic scientist...and write Christian and scifi novels on the side....I've already begun writing...just gotta make it through college and grad school now

yerssot
christian novels? care to expand?

Julie
What do you mean? This summer I plan on combining my 2 and a half 60 some odd page stories into one larger novel...then I need to proofread and then I'll try agents and publishers again.....
That expansion enough for you:-)...or shall I bable on

yerssot
do go on... like... what's the story exactly?

eleveninches
I want to be a good role model for my nephew, so I need a good job

Julie
:-) YOu'll have to wait for me to get the dang thing finished....but I'll send you a PM with a short synopsis if you like.

yerssot
thx jules happy

big gay kirk
I will live until 10 October 2101... then I will be 131 years old, and the television companies will want to interview me, as the oldest person to have lived in three different centuries... when they ask the key question, "how does it feel to have lived in three different centuries?" I will reply, "I haven't... I've lived in two... the current dating system is merely a temporary Christian abstraction, and I refuse to have any truck with it..." then I will die live on air...

Kaleanae
Sounds interesting

forumcrew
im going to be working in wall street.. and its not so much a dream because its basicly all setup.. one day i plan on making my own movie

Kaleanae
Setup? no expression

forumcrew
im in college now getting my degree in finance.. but through internship programs and relationships ive formed with people a good job with a big firm is all but garunteed when i graduate

Kaleanae
That's great, I want to do that, I already worked in a laboratory at New York University... that means that are going to have more opportunities to work in another lab while in college

forumcrew
do you do any investing now?

Kaleanae
No, I'm a senior in high school
I worked in the lab during the summers of 2002 and 2003

Trinity_Matrix
I want to be a graphic designer or web designer...still don't know where I'm going to college, and was supposed to have decided by yesterday...oops embarrasment damn University of Illinois didn't accept me because I go to a school of overachievers so my class rank was abysmal even though I'm a really good student...

And I have a Chicago accent, which is no surprise since that's where I've lived my whole life.

yerssot
is a chichago accent bad? al capone bad or ...?

Trinity_Matrix
Well, I never notice it, but I was friends with a girl from New York who moved here and she always made fun of our accents laughing out loud

yerssot
how wude stick out tongue

Trinity_Matrix
Bugs bunny accent! laughing out loud

Kaleanae
Trinity Matrix
what is your ranking/

Trinity_Matrix
Right at the middle, despite my 3.0 GPA...

yerssot
t-t-t-t-t-t-that's all folks wink

Kaleanae
My GPA is 3.84

Kaleanae
laughing

Trinity_Matrix
Meh, the only reason my GPA is a 3.0 is because freshman year I failed first semester English...I had just changed schools and wasn't liking my new school very much, my GPA for first semester senior year (most recent) was 3.78 or something very close to that.

Kaleanae
I don't like that ranking thing... erm

Trinity_Matrix
Same here...plus my senior class is pretty big, we've got 310 students, and most of them are total overachievers and I'm not...no expression

Kaleanae
Here, 275 students... I'm Salutorian - I don't like that, no

Darth Revan
Holy crap... I know exactly how you feel... I used to get teased exactly the same way, still do sometimes... When I tell kids to shut up or whatever they just say crap like "ooooh somebody needs to control their temper" and moronic shit like that... I would beat the crap out of any one of them if given the chance.

forumcrew
my senior class was over 400.. i had a 4.3 .. and before you say impossible its waited to count for people who take like merrit level or honors or AP

Rogue Jedi
i wanna rock!!!

WindDancer
There are many things I want to do with my life. But there are things that are beyond my reach. So I'll just have to settle for the little things I get. I really don't know where will I be in the next 10 years. So prolly I'll just do things I feel comfortable doing.

Unicor777
*Madonna: Everybody comes to Holywood, wanna make it in the neighbourhood"*

If it still relevant I wanna be a movie director !

yerssot
I don't wanna rock, DJ! eek!

khalla
I've always wanted to be a Fighter Jet Pilot and join the Air Force embarrasment

forumcrew
i wanted to do that for a long time.. i was obsessed with top gun when i was little.. and i almost did airforce rotc.. but decided against it

Trinity_Matrix
One of my friends has like a...4.9, I think, because of AP and honors classes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.