this gay marriage thing is getting out of hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GABRIEL05
How do you all feel about it? People who are against gay marriage aren't as so because their religion says it, but I think it's because they are just flat out homophobic.

I wonder if 50 years from now we will view people who were against gay marriage the same way we view people who were anti-slavery or anti interracial marriage: As morons...

saddam

in retrospect this thread is kinda boring, here's a banana:

Happy Dance

realworlddreams
u know...my sis lives in san fran...there was only 1 van that protested...whereas all over sacramento an LA u had people protesting all over the place...
the entire country had a problem w/it cept the residents of San Fran...
Gay Marriage is a choice that can only be made by the two people involved and MAYBE the judge conducting the marriage...
but in the LAND OF THE FREE...
one should be able to marry whoever they wish...

Rogue Jedi
if they wanna marry, let them. if they are happy being pillow biters, who are we to judge them?

nach01
it's not their fault they were born liking their own sex and there is nothing they can do about it, so why should they be treated differently? They should be able to do whatever they want

Fallen Jedi
i don't really agree with the whole gay/lesbian lifestyle but you can't just deny ppl's rights like that.

Rogue Jedi
well put. gays are people, just like we are.

Darth Revan
Yeah, they didn't decide to be gay, just like nobody decides to be born of a certain race. They just are that way, and should be given the same rights as the rest of us.

nach01
yes

The Force
what?! the hell, color is what your born with, Being homosexual is a choice, WTF is wrong with you ppl. Your treating gays like it was a color problem, it's not, it's there own damn choice. God, why don't you understand It is there fault! They chose, not there parents.

Jesus, we were all born straight, and thanks to Free will we're able to make the right, and the wrong choice.

*walks off trying to cool down*

nach01
it is not their choice to be gay, and hardly any of them were born straight. Many of them actually wish they were straight. it is not their choice, it's just they way they are. they just only feel attracted to the same sex, and that is not a choice they made, it's just how they feel mad

The Force
are you gay? are you bi? if you've got that experience theen please go on, so if they were born gay, are you calling it a brain disease?

Dude it's a friggin choice, what makes you think otherwise?

nach01
calm down... im not gay or bi and i have a boyfriend, i just know someone who is gay and they're upset about how people look at her and she wishes she wasn't gay... so do you think she made her decision to be attracted to other girls????

The Force
yes! you know it's easier for girls to be attracted to other girls roll eyes (sarcastic) duh anyways, all she has to do is try to change, and if she has a hard time, have her seek help, cuz straight is the way to be, not to mention the smart, safe, and producing way thumb up

nach01
welll... i dont think i can change the mind of someone who's as homophobic as you, so whatever

Darth Revan
Why the hell would they choose to be gay when people hate gays so much? Sure, they can be in a straight marriage, and try to act "normal", and be unhappy, but they're still gay. If that's what you mean by "choosing" whether or not to be gay, then you're right. But if you mean that homosexuals wake up one day and say "you know what, I'm going to be attracted to people of my sex, so I can be bullied and harrassed and yelled at and protested about for the rest of my life", then you're dead wrong.

There's nothing "wrong" with gays, they're people too. And I would like to point out yet again that this is EXACTLY what went on during the civil rights movement.

nach01
damn straight!!!!!! yes

The Force
i'm fighting against the homosexuality, not the person

nach01
fighting against homosexuality and homosexual people are the same thing

The Force
because they don't no any better, and when ppl say that there okay with gays, the gays that here that, do listen and they will think it's safe until they experience it for themselves, but even if they do go through hard times, tehy stick together, because they believe it's ok. And if a person in a straight marraige is unhappy and it's becuase they're having thoughts about homoseuxally, and what their preference is... i.e. they are choosing.

There is nothing civil about gay marriage, Homosexuality is a perversion, nothing wholesome can come out of that kind of relationship, but then again you guys just don't give, ebcause you feel that they have the right to do whatever they want... The old law was set for marraige, in the bible, and in modern times, why does it need to be violated? Because of 2 ppl, who may love eachother but they're doing the wrong thing... No, that's ludicrious and wrong.

The Force
no there's a difference, homosexual ppl have a mind and free will, homosexuality is just the perverted act that they do.

What is wrong with ppl these days...

RoguePw25
Don't even get me starte with the gay marriages. I mean, yes, people will be gay and you still treat them with respect and the way you want to be treated, but like someone said, the CHOSE to be gay. Yes, a lot of people have different views about being gay, some saying, "They were born this way."

I don't think that this is true. You chose youreself to be gay. No one else, so now we you don't have your "partners" beneficial rights, don't come crying to me. You choose this lifestyle for yourself.

I mean, the typical Americian family is a mom, dad, son and daughter. What's the typical family in the future??? Two men and a son. Two women and a son?? What??

Moreover, what is this child suppose to think?? What type of emotional damage does this do to the child??

A 3rd grader bring in his what?? Daddy and otherDaddy for parent teacher conferences?? I don't think so. This is not right.

Tex
So basically when gay people say they were born gay they're lying?

Rigggght.

This topic is too controversial and has definitely already trigged ill feelings.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.