Local bands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
Anybody have any decent bands from their area? I have quite a few... I'm listening to a band called "Northwest Royale" right now, they're pretty good.

Myth
Craving Theo is from my TINY little town. The main singer lives a block away from me.

Darth Jello
supply boy, the disasterbators, the accidents, social trend killers/stk, catatonic lydia, the clusterf(cks, the resistance

loserib
my band nothing but losers
thr3efold
deem
eyecon
heritic
depswa
seip

ElectricBugaloo
The Shins are originally from Albuquerque...if you haven't heard them, you need to...NOW

Stoic Frame is almost like Mars Volta, only they don't jam randomly for 20 odd minutes www.stoicframe.com has some mp3s you can legally download.

Left Unsaid is pretty good, a notch above most bands of the day...they kind of remind me of lostprophets...www.leftunsaid.com is their official site, and www.purevolume.com/leftunsaid has a song to download, and 3 streaming songs

tabby999
theres a band in my town called The Arkane, and while the band as a whole arn't breaking any boundarys, their singer is amazing, he can play all the instruments, he has a wicked voice, if he layed all his good stuff and sent it to Roadrunner he's get signed i swear to god

ElectricBugaloo
Roadrunner has like one good band...Glassjaw. the rest are painfully mediocre or worse

Tptmanno1
We got a band called Lesspacific <---They Sound like Nirvana blended with Metallica

el_barto
Slobberbone is from Austin big grin

loserib
whoa road runner has some great bands
machinehead
soulfly
chimira
slipknot
jerry cantrel
and thats just a few off the head

oh yeah by the way glassjaw are on warner brothers now

ElectricBugaloo
...then roadrunner has lost their last link to something resembling real music

loserib
your saying jerry cntrel from alice in chains is not real music i maen i can understand putting down the other bands becuese you are not into heavy music but saying jerry cantrel is not real music is absurd

plus they also have
misfits
killswitch engage
nickleback
diecide
fear factory
sepultura
type o negative

ElectricBugaloo
jerry cantrell was better with AIC. I found his new stuff nothing new or original

tabby999
Fear Factory released Archetype through Liquid8 not RoadRunner, as Road Runner didn't want to keep the origional contract. oh and i heard great things about Glassjaw, bought "Everything You've Ever Wanted To Know About Silence" and must say apart from Ry Ry's Song, what a peice of shit that album is. their other albums had better be better, i'll have to listen to Worship and Tribute (i think thats the name)

Df02
worship and tribute is the better album...

erm, SiKth are from near me, ill think of more later :P
i live near London, so there are loads of bands near me, im trying think of better ones tho ><

loserib
worshop and tribute is a great album its one of the few emo albums i really like

amlap
i live in the south jersey area so there are millions of local bands... most of which are signed to small local labels. like if you live in my area there is at least two dozen emos bands... then if you travel to philly of camden county there are all ska/punk bands. this of course not including the other random acts going on. the local scene in this area is probably the only reason why im still here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.