Child's Play/Chucky Franchise Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I figured while I am not a big fan of the franchise past C.P. 2, it still deserves it's own thread, with "Seed" coming.

To start things off, here's a series of screen caps of the new trailer.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/herrkeen/chucky.jpg

BackFire
I always liked the Childs Play movies. I always found them vastly entertaining, albeit stupid. I don't know much about the new one coming out, but I'll more then likely see it.

methinkalexahot
CHUKY IS DA BEST mad

moonwalker741
omg ther makin a another sequal...the only 1 i liked was part 1...the rest sucked espescially, especially Bride of chucky......so stupid!......now ther makin a nother 1...how do they make a seed....2 dolls gettin it on... laughing

HockeyFace
How can you mae fun of the Child Play movies when you can't even spell? j/k LOL!!!!

Dogbert
I'll get the bootleg; never a fan of Chicky movies

Machete_guy
Lol chicky...I love chucky but i dont know about a new sequel, hmmmm it better be better than bride (which was good dont diss it!, lol) but chucky is very weak, if they make a sequel he should become like a jason X but chucky X. To weak!!!

moonwalker741
but this question is for real......how do they make a seed....**too many thoughts rite now** big grin stick out tongue

Machete_guy
voodoo can do everything..by the way just a movie.

bmhg14
nm

Holcomb
Nope.

forumcrew
no they already went too far with bride of chucky..

Cinemaddiction
No.

botankus
Anyone else besides who? So far everyone has been less-than-pumped.

Cinemaddiction
Voodoo magic enabling two synthetic materials to procreate is a little far fetched. This is why the Child's Play franchise is a joke now.

SlickRick69
I liked the 'progression' of the Child's Play/Chucky series... the first sequel was fair, the toy company innocently rebuilds the doll, using the same cursed doll in the mix... the second sequel stretched it when they rebuilt him again, and then somehow the doll found it's way to the military camp... Bride of Chucky saw that the whole evil toy-makers thing was used up, so there came Charles Lee Ray's old flame, it was a nice 'new' twist, even if the storyline fell a bit off track... it was still about Chucky needing to kill those who knew about him, and to get back to being human again...

of course, rubber dolls that bleed and make seed, then give birth to more living rubber dolls, MIGHT be pushing it a bit too far.... maybe...
unless the baby is a real human baby, and is found by other people, and taken from the middle of nowhere, where Bride of Chucky died and Chucky delivered the baby.. So, Seed of Chucky is all about Chucky needing to save his baby from the humans, just so he can use his own demon seed spawn as a vessel for his own soul, so he can be reborn human again..

that could work, and it would be a decent end to the whole series...

SlickRick69
the same voodoo that can make it possible for a rubber doll with a psycho killer soul, and make the doll become human by doing a voodoo ritual over the body of the first person who learns his secret, or by doing the voodoo ritual with that magic amulet, could be continued and expanded upon to make that almost-human doll make almost human seed...if the doll can grow a heart, and can bleed and cry it could be plausible that its body would also create sperm and/or eggs...

it could happen! it did happen! and, it's going to happen again!! be afraid... eek!

SlipknoT
The Childs Play series died after 2

bmhg14
Hmm... I don't like you guys.

I Love Sirius
I'm a scary movie freak and I have to admit that Child's Play 1 was excellent in it's day........but I have to agree with the rest of y'all. Things got a little ridiculous with part two, but it was still passable. Then part 3 seemed like it wanted to grasp at still being a good movie. Of course, they overdid it with Bride of Chucky. Of course I saw it because I'm still a fan of these old Horror movies, but now with Seed? I'm with Moonwalker, I don't even want to think about how two dolls have a child. I thought that scene in Bride of Chucky was just straight out laughable!

Dark Phoenix223
Ok damnit, dont diss Chucky, Bride kicked ass, 1-3 kicked ass, and Seed of Chucky will kick even more ass. If you disagree, then find a "Im a little *#^@! who likes to complain about sequels" topic.

Cinemaddiction
People are going to have opinions, especially on boards such as this, so you'll all have to get used to it.

Child's Play, like any other innovative franchise, got sour after the sequel, IMO. Most horror fans will agree that it was cool, but a little campy to begin with, then it just turned plain ridiculous after 2, which was my personal favorite.

That said, lets stay on topic, No flaming. Being the topic starter, I'd appreciate it if you all would stay on topic, and respect one another's opinions by respectfully disagreeing.

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
i can't wait to see that, i laughed so hard when tha baby bit that guys face!!

Dark Phoenix223
oh stop your wining, I dont have to listen to anyones B$&@ing if i dont want too... BTW, these movies are SUPPOSED to be campy.... go F*^(%ing idiots

HockeyFace
Ooh a temper child I see. Anyway I never understood why the people just didn't go F#ck on the little b@stard, I mean just kep beating him wioth a weapon until the f'r dies.

Cinemaddiction
No one said it wasn't supposed to somewhat lampoonish to begin with.

To make yourself sound a little less like a hypocrite, if you can't handle other peoples negative opinions, maybe you should stay out of the thread, atleast until you can gain a little composure?

Pablo G
It's awesome

HockeyHorror
nice.

<<Solo>>
I guarantee this will be gay.

Pablo G
Gay like your siggie and avi

Cinemaddiction
Guys, stay out of my thread if you plan to bicker.

LimeLight
Just wanted to announce that the official Seed of Chucky web site is up and running. www.seed-of-chucky.com

DeNiro
Well ne way i was in the theater the other day going to watch The day after tommrow and then this preview comes on with sperm and an egg and what not. I thought to myself this is going to be another gay movie with like haley joel osment and like A I 2 or something for some reason. Then all of the sudden you see the dolls face and hear chuckys life and boom with have a 5th chucky movie on our hands. everyone started clapping and i luaghed. so what do you guys think about this upcoming movie do you think it will suck or not. because i am kinda getting a lil tired of watching a doll trying to transport his sole into someone just because that is the whole plot of the movie. but they are getting funnier and funnier as time goes on so i bet it will be a fun movie to watch but deffitnly not a true horror flick.

Evil Dead
I would bet both my testicles that this movie will suck.......just as the last one sucked........and the one before it........and the one before it.

Evil Dead
oh yea.......

glad to see you back in here DeNiro.........where the **** have you been hiding out?

Dark Vengeance
well It sounds cool and yes the could have a child because there were "turning human"

Dark Vengeance
be prepared to give them up!!

Dark Vengeance
Looke pretty straight to me!!! big grin

Evil Dead
some of your favorite movies are Highlander and DareDevil.........your opinions are of no concern when the topic of a film being good or not is being discussed.

Dark Vengeance
highlander rocked!!! and besied whats so bad with chucky is never givin a chance just because of his size

Cinemaddiction
I do believe Backfire and I both enjoyed the first Highlander, after finally getting around to seeing it this month.

Eh, but still. This Chucky obsession is getting really tiresome.

tabby999
people dont ignore chucky because hes small, they ignore him cos hes SHIT

Dark Vengeance
what makes you think its an obbsession he is my fav horror icon

Xtina2004
I have a question is it 100 procent shure that ther will be a Seed of Chucky because i hav seen an artikl which was saying that it is over...and that there wont be a Seed of Chucky...dos enibody knows something abowt it?
And i have to agree alsow that the first movie was cool but the reast...
And i am alsow an horror movie freak so i know what you all ar talking abowt...

Cinemaddiction
"Seed of Chucky" is definately a go. Not that anyone will go see it.

BackFire
I'll see it.

Xtina2004
Me to

Cinemaddiction
Eh, I've got better things to waste my money on, personally.

By the way, for the two of you that actually care, it's been DELAYED UNTIL AN UNDISCLOSED DATE IN 2005.

I'll be sure to hold a DVD release party for this disaster waiting to happen.

TheRealistKilla
the only chucky movie i enjoyed was the first one.

now seed of chucky?

this is gona suck.

dont take this personall or anything if anyone else liked the other 3.

chilled monkey
I'll watch the new film. Mainly because I like Jennifer Tilly, she was just amazing in 'Bound'.

§words point
I liked the second too. Im gonna see it the first day its out to bad I cant bring my parrot named chucky

seever333
it comes out June 7th

seever333
on dvd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.