Need some help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BarmyBrummie
I've just got on my computer for the first time in 3 days cuz i've been on holiday and after about 5 minutes this window came up and it keeps popping up every now and again and restarts my computer. Does anyone know what i can do to get rid of it? I've just downloaded an anti virus program but its taking forever to scan and nothing has turned up yet after searching 85000 files so far erm

Raz
Thats the WormBlaster virus, if I remember correctly.

Get a free antivirus program here: http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

And then just to be sure you don't have any spyware, run this program: http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

BarmyBrummie
thanx raz. I just finally finished the scan and this came up:
worm/sasser.C
worm/lovsan.A
so its definatley a worm

yerssot
judging by the message, I have to disagree with Raz

It's the Sasser-virus, the C has been recently discovered by Panda Antivirus Lab. (funfact: country with the most infected pc's with that virus is Ireland with 9.62%)

guess if you got rid of it it's all fun and games again

Raz Jr
you always disagree with everyone, irrespective of anything stick out tongue

and you'll probably disagree with that, too mad

yerssot
no, I base myself on correct info before I disagree.

(from http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/)

note it mentioning that it exploits LSASS (see attachment in first post), combine that with the SASSER.D that recently got discovered, even some countries got up to 17, xx % infected with it.

that AND a scan brought up Sasser.C on the infected PC.
So before you say I disagree with everything, please read a bit more before judging.

Raz Jr
i'l be damned if i'm reading that no expression

i'll just agree happy

Paola
I guess I need some help too erm (again roll eyes (sarcastic) )
Everytime I access KMC I have to login..... even if I'm logged and open a new window sad
......and.......
I can't access my e-mail account cry
it says: There is currently no active session. Please make sure that cookies are enabled in your browser, and enter your e-mail address and password below.
what do I do? cry

Fire
you just have to enable cookies

Fire
To change your privacy settings

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
On the Privacy tab, move the slider up for a higher level of privacy or down for a lower level of privacy.
Select this To specify this
Block all cookies Cookies from all Web sites will be blocked
Existing cookies on your computer cannot be read by Web sites

High Cookies from all Web sites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked
Cookies from all Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your explicit consent will be blocked

Medium High Cookies from third-party Web sites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked
Cookies from third-party Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your explicit consent will be blocked
Cookies from first-party Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your implicit consent will be blocked

Medium Cookies from third-party Web sites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked
Cookies from third-party Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your implicit consent will be blocked
Cookies from first-party Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your implicit consent will be deleted from your computer when you close Internet Explorer

Low Cookies from third-party Web sites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked
Cookies from third-party Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your implicit consent will be deleted from your computer when you close Internet Explorer

Accept all cookies All cookies will be saved on your computer
Existing cookies on your computer can be read by the Web sites that created them

For more information about cookies or privacy policies, click Related Topics.

Notes

A first-party Web site is a Web site that you are currently viewing. A third-party Web site is a Web site other than the one you are currently viewing. Third-party Web sites usually provide some content on the Web site you are currently viewing. For example, many sites use advertising from third-party Web sites and those third-party Web sites may use cookies.
Some Web sites require cookies; therefore, if you select a setting that does not allow cookies to be saved on your computer, you might not be able to view certain Web sites.
When you change your privacy settings, the changes might not affect cookies that are already on your computer. If you want to ensure that all of the cookies on your computer meet your privacy settings, you should delete all of the existing cookies on your computer. When you return to Web sites that previously had saved cookies on your computer, the Web sites that meet your privacy settings will save cookies on your computer again. The Web sites that do not meet your privacy settings will not be allowed to save cookies on your computer, and might not function properly. Some Web sites store your member name and password or other personally identifiable information about you in a cookie; therefore, if you delete all cookies, you might need to re-enter this information the next time you visit the site.
Your privacy settings only affect Web sites in the Internet zone. For more information about zones, click Related Topics.
You can also specify custom privacy settings for all Web sites in the Internet zone or for individual Web sites. For more information, click Related Topics.
To import a file containing custom privacy settings, click Import. To import a file, it must be located on your computer. You can download files containing custom privacy settings from privacy organizations and other Web sites on the Internet.

Paola
thanx Fire happy

Paola
I can't do it!! sad

Fire
why not?

yerssot
do you get an error?

Ellen
hello need some help!

how to have a picture below in you're post? plsss help me!
thank you so much

yerssot
it's called a signature:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/sigupload.php?s=

Ellen
but it's not working sad
Plssss help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yerssot
you do have to be a bit more specific than that messed

Paola
yerss & fire.........

I have no idea what to do embarrasment
would you mind telling me step by step

thanx
the annoying Paola embarrasment

big grin

yerssot
Ok, so,... you see the icon for internet explorer, right?
you click on it with the right button of your mouse and go to properties; something pops ups; and on that menu you go to privacy
that's the place where you can change your settings to allow cookies

1-winged angel
i want to get thishttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/blowup.gif in my sig but i dont no how

1-winged angel
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/blowup.gif

1-winged angel
that one looks better

cLoVi€
so what is the problem?
put it into sig field in your profile and done.

1-winged angel
it was saying that it was 12 lines instead of 10

cLoVi€
you can't have more than 10 lines,
i have sam eproblem i had to get pic resised otherwise it was not working at all sad

1-winged angel
well i had to resize mine too

cLoVi€
happy

Paola
eek! I can do that!!!

jk

I did it stick out tongue..... but cookies are enabled erm

what happens if I go to C: \Documents and Settings\bruja\Cookies and delete every single file located there? evil face

Fire
then all your cookies are gone again

Paola
but they're ALL there!!!! cry or I believe..... confused...........yep yes 914 files....

confused confused

yerssot
than if you come here you have to log in again wink

Paola
ok so....... I need cookies to NOT log in everytime I come to KMC, right?
"cookies" are those files named, in my case, something like [email protected](1), right?
ALL I need to NOT write my username and password everytime is that little file?
or is it more complicated than that?

big grin

yerssot
yes big grin

Paola
that sucks!! erm

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.