Chrono cross

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lionheart
This was yet another good game made by square set in a legend of zelda link to teh past type setting wth a Final Fantasy battle system and character regimen you have over 50 playable characters each with thier own moves and traits. if you ever played this or wnat to know something about it post, its a great game with plenty of cool endings.

Linkalicious
I don't think there are 50 playable characters...more like 20-30.

I would also consider this game more like the original Crono Trigger than mix it with the likes of Final Fantasy and any Link game.

I like the many side quests in this game and how you had to defeat the final boss by using the correct magic attack sequence. By far my favorite part is how you can't get all of the characters without going through the game 2 or 3 times.

I don't think the story is as well written as the original Crono Trigger, but I still think this was a great game, and that's why I bought it for the original Playstation.

Lionheart
I f remeber correctly it was close to fifty and i compare it with zelda link to teh past in thet in chrono cross you travel between two worlds and final fantasy because of teh ATB. but yeah teh game did rule

Lionheart
hey do you remeber the sequence you had to use to defeat the final boss.

Linkalicious
hell no...not anymore. I beat that game over 3 years ago...i can't remember things i did 2 days ago.

And in that 40 year old mom's case...i'm glad I can't.

Lionheart
i thought i beat the game but i guess i used teh wrong sequence before i used teh chrono cross element...

Battosuai_Tim
I've never beaten this game ENTIRELY, but I remember getting to the fight with Fate then quitting for some odd reason, and that was quite a long time ago, but now, I'm playing it again and I just got out of the Dead Sea. Miguel was easier than I expected because I've been battling quite a bit. So far I've been playing for 22:30 hours.

Fearnix
The game kicked ass

SaTsuJiN
if my memory serves me well this was a spit in the face to chrono trigger. it was more for the next gen of rpg players as was final fantasy 7 and up

ssj4goku
i have played the game a while back i thought it really kicked ass i mean the game play was extrodinair. The fighting system was cool once you got used to it and well there was close to 50 charecters cause i found them all and there were also secret charecters that a stragety guide will tell you how to get i still have yet to beat it and get all the endings but it takes a while to beat. laughing out loud

Linkalicious
you're right. Square-Enix hocked a loogey right in the face of Chrono, Lucca, and Frog with this game.

It was a fun game to play, and all the extra playable characters were great, but it paled in comparison to it's 16 bit predecessor.

I can't wait for Playstation 3 to come out, because I'm sick of missing out on all of Square-Enix's b!tching titles.

Chrystal Chronicles on Gamecube was fun, but it just wasn't nearly as good as the PS2 titles.

JKozzy
Not at all; playing multiplayer IX was pretty cool, you have a PS1, I assume Link?

Linkalicious
I did....when it worked.

I had it moded so I could burn all of my games. It was cool, because i know the guy at the rental store, so i could just go in, rent it, burn it, return it, and say it didn't work or it sucked...and get another one free.

Couldn't do it a 3rd time...but i did the double return ALL the time.

I gambled when I bought the Xbox. I figured that since Microsoft was making it, that they might be able to pull in most of the titles and companies that Sony had...too bad that took like 3 years to accomplish.

And they still have no Square-Enix. mad

ssj4goku
i so far have every game that has come out for the ps2 even all of the army men games too hey some times i find it fun to blow up plastic figures might as well do it on a game since i dont have any of my own

SaTsuJiN
My friend had tried to spoonfeed me chrono cross as if I were going to accept it as a 'trigger' replacement... I just left whenever he put it on.

If they want to make a 'truely new' story/idea/characters whatever, they should fire all the fools involved with those departments and hire all fresh talent... its obvious they've squeezed out the last bit of thier creativity 3 years ago..

ssj4goku
it was an okay game

Linkalicious
that's a pretty bold statement, there are probably over 600 PS2 games out on Sony right now. Hell there are probably more than 1000 titles.

JKozzy
You don't need a mod to burn and play PS1 games, believe me wink If you want to know how, PM me cause I ain't posting it.

Heh... Square Enix is staying away, and I'm glad. I never have wanted an Xbox and there isn't a single game available at the moment that I want from the system.

Yassin
Ow man 50??? i missed some rpg's (DAMMIT) Chrono Cross,Legend of Dragoon...and i can't find them in this litte country.

SpiderGurl
This is one of my favorite games on the PS1. The use of color, the battle system, and the MUSIC were the best imo. Serge's nude scene didn't hurt either lol.

SaTsuJiN
<shudders at the thought> I did like the color palette though... I just didnt like how they slapped the chrono name on it without putting heart into its creation

angelicdarkness
dude, tales of symphonia ****ing kicks ass!!!!!

but i actually think tales of destiny 2 was better. I liked the battle/craymel system that they used

angelicdarkness
lol, chrono cross is a wicked good game, the lvling system was pretty weird though compared to crono trigger

Max Payne
Wheres theres darkness theres always a light

Phoenix Aska
I liked Chrono Trigger more...

However...cross was a good game and had a good storyline to it....

Lionheart
well whatever happens i am going to japan in a month so i will grab all teh new titles by square enix and mail you back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.