House of 1000 Corpses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PurityKnight
Has someone seen it and what do you think about it?

...that's a good one from mr Rob Zombie. I love it!

BackFire
I enjoyed it. It was silly and campy. It was a nice homage type film.

Darkseed
House Of A 1000 Turds more like, i just couldn`t stand it, i though it would have been good as i`m open minded when it comes to movies i dont take notice of what people say about a film, well i do but it doesn`t affect my judgement of a film.

I sat and watched this thinking (round about the half way mark)
"this movie is naff, it is so boring, it`s like a chainsaw massacre rip off that has back fired (no pun intended), it`s as if the script was written on the back of a cigarette packet, they must have made it up as they went along".

I have a pal who likes it, he recomended it to me saying "you`ll love this, it`s right up your alley, your kind of film" well when i finished it i was ready to throw it at him (joking of course) i didn`t but i wasn`t pleased with it, it`s a kind of mixed opinion i think some do like it, some dont and i guess i`m one who doesn`t.

Sorry no offence to anyone who likes it, but i cant stand it.

PurityKnight
that's totaly fine with me if you don't like it. wink

Rob Zombie himselfe said it is a texas chainsaw massacre rip off.

me personally...I don't care if it's a rip off or not, i liked it (still do)
I think the characters are great. (specially Otis, Baby and Capt. Spaulding)

Darkseed
Captain Spaulding was the best part of it "f**k your mother...no...f**k your grandmother" laughing pure class that so it is.

roundisfunny
Rob is a big horror fan, and so was I when I was a teenager. I used to use our home video camera to make cheesy movies starring friends and family members. The differences are 1) I kinda grew out of it and 2) I didn't become a famous rock star with a million dollars to blow on a large-scale cheesy horror movie.

<<Solo>>
SH!T SON I THOUGHT IT WAS HORRIBLE.

dean7879
i thought it was great...it was a rip off but it was still enjoyable...its nice to see rob zombie paying homage to texas chainsaw massacre
rob zombie could be our saviour in horror...im lookin forward to the sequel.

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
he could have done so much better, that movie was dumb!!

slayer
I also enjoyed it, it may of been a tcm ripoff but it was still great.

Evil Dead
It was an okay movie to watch once..........nothing great......no need to watch it again.

zombieman
I enjoyed it, i think it contained elements of 'Last house on the Left' as well as texas chainsaw. Ill give the sequel a chance.

tortured_soul
Okay, it took quite a lot of effort, energy and time to make this movie and it's come to a point where some people see the good side of this movie. I've read just about every reply there is about it and 30/50 dislike this movie. I can see where your coming from but also, think of how in depth it is. If you dont understand it, it's probably because you don't know half of the hidden messages said. Or any of them for that matter. And for you "goths", if you don't understand it, you dont know the true art of our history. Read up on it and if you feel like debating let me know because I will stand my ground in a heartbeat for this movie.
~KAT~

leatherface12
This movies pretty cool.

mary jane
i loved it my favorite parts were the into with captin spalding and when they have the gun to that guys head for like a minute then finaly fires loved it

Darkseed
They could have spent a little more time on it though, it did have a couple of moments in it i liked but not enough to make me go back.

PurityKnight
...I thought you men would at least like it a lil bit cause of baby...

Darkseed
She is so do-able, Baby love

PurityKnight
...lucky Rob...

Darkseed
I know sad

Ou Be Low hoo
I saw this movie the other day on TV...It's funny and strange.

Thoma5
A stupid and boring movie...

Impediment
House of 1,000 Corpses is a fantastic homage horror movie, full of campiness and off the wall horror & gore and it truly gets better every single time I watch it. What some people need to realize is that his last name is ZOMBIE, not Spielberg and so his very first movie is not going to win any awards, nor will it be deemed "perfect". Take it with a grain of salt, watch it again from a different mind frame and hopefully you'll realize that this is a great movie.

tpaquin
You saw it on TV?!

You might wanna opt for the unedited experience before passing judgement(not that I feel the judgement will change)

Darth_Rankkor
I think the movie is great, in it's own context. Like a zombie movie or Fridays and on and on. Like someone said, it's the kind of movie you either love or hate.

Personally, I'm waiting for the next rob movie "The devils rejects"

big grin

evildeaddesigns
I thought it was pretty good, but Devils Rejects was much better.

Impediment

Hillbilly
This movie is great Bill Moseley as Otis Driftwood and Sid Haig as Captn.Spaulding made this movie its Own.

Juliet Echo
Originally posted by Darkseed
She is so do-able, Baby love

yeahhh......???? YOU do her......i'd rather live! i prefer my women slightly more emotionally stable.

hehehehe.

Juliet Echo
the really cool thing about this film is that to truly understand the whole you have to see both "house...." and "devil's rejects". both films were obviously part of a single vision and i have never seen a horror film where the tide so nicely turns against the villains..... and moreover, where in the 2nd film, the villains were seen to have such a human side after all.

the scene where they were on the run and otis doesn't want to stop for ice cream and baby and captain spaulding started chanting "tutti-****ing-frutti"..... just incredible.

i actually began to have sympathy for them towards the end (but of course, they did NEED killing! ) roll eyes (sarcastic)

my daughter's friends and i made the joke that hardcore christians should LOVE these movies: after all they display the great christian virtue of family helping family achieve a common goal.

laughing

i hope rob zombie has something else in the works. i'd see it.

jayy
Excellent movie. The Devil's Rejects was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

Aini
devils rejects wasn't horrible it's just different. it seems to be a totaly different movie with same ppl but different characters. the charaters seem more real than in house of 1000 corpses. they're not that "crazy" anymore, they're just bad. and somehow, as the cop beats the shit out of em I kinda thought, yeah, they deserve it. although I love those characters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.