Catwoman confusion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SPOOKYSHOGUN
O.k. Here's the problem. Catwoman was a caucasion female and as such, Halle Berry just won't cut it where I'm concerned. There shouldn't be a status quo where the historical accuracy of a classic character is concerned. B.T.W. not a racist bone exists in my body. I just believe that these comic movies need to follow the guidelines set forth in the original comic books. You read the comics growing up and you see the characters depicted in ink. You develop an understanding of what characters look like and then they make a movie. The actor or actress they choose has certain expectations to meet, one of which is to look somewhat like what the comic book readers are familiar with. Imagine if you will, a 20 something girl who was raised on catwoman, sits down to watch the movie and then blam! "Hey, that's not right, Catwoman was a white chick". What a way to start an experience that takes you back to your childhood. Any thoughts? (Besides, "Hey man what's your problem with black people"?) I'm not even going to respond to any of that junk so please don't throw it at me.

eleveninches
Well, Nick Fury is a black guy in the comics and he is white in Evolution

Gregory
If you're talking about the movie, I think Catwoman's skin color is the least of the problems. From all I've heard, it's a Catwoman movie only in name. I mean, I agree that they shouldn't change her skin color, but compared to changing her name and giving her superpowers, it' not a huge deal.

Arachnoidfreak
Nick Fury was originally white with hair. they made him black and bald in the Ultimate Unvierse....for no apparent reason.

punkyhermy
hhmm i dunno much about the Berry catwoman flick and not at all up to the mood to even bother watching it,but i don't think it's an adaptation of the comic catwoman, it merely uses teh same name...am i right?

VENOMfan
well Catwoman looked good in her costume and halle berry looks like a damn clown and not even a funny clown just a large headed goon

Arachnoidfreak
Halle Berry is hot, but has no business being Catwoman. and that outfit was ridiculous. Halle: Stick to playing Storm, please.

Gregory
That is correct, but they're calling it an adaption.

Daywalker
I can't even get past the costume. Who could fight in open toe high heeled shoes????

VENOMfan
I dont see how they opted for that outfit...its unexcusible it looks gawdy, arkward, stupid, uorthodox and the list goes on forever

Daywalker
I'm with you on that. Curiosity is really killing me about the outcome on this flick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.