Linkin Park

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DBZFan
Cool band nice.Got any pictures?

diegocala
These guys are tools, very overrated...

DBZFan
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil-X
You spelled their name wrong

Captain REX
Linkin Park, not Lincoln Park.

They're okay. My friend listens to them. I listen to ColdPlay instead.

DemonicGambit
ColdPlay is cool, don't know, yeah I guess Linkin Park is good. Not my fav or anythin'

DBZFan
Okay like my sig?

GABRIEL05
They'de be a decent band without the singer, with his whiny ass vox's. They have the right idea, it's just that their songs sound like they put no artistic thought or effort into them.

BOPRecruit 16
~lmao~ she got the name wrong! ~lmao~ *sorry for my rudeness*

VampirePrincess
Yiks! I dislike that band. My brother likes them though!

sk8stuff09
ITS LINKIN PARK, NOT LINCOLN DUMASS...NO IM JK..

hayden's minx
When will you people realise that LP suck ass!

royal_jester
there is also a LINCOLN PARK....

Korri
i used to really like linkin park but now i have moved on

DBZFan
YOU ARE TH IDIOT!

X-WOMen
I like most songs by them. I'm not a punk rocker though! embarrasment

ObieTrice 26
I Think Linkin Park's old stuff is ok,but i dont realy like the new stuff

DBZFan
Ya.I like the song called:Runaway.

Korri
Crawling was ok now i just dont like any of their stuff

Killer
Hmm.. well i got to sides of them..
way over rated...but some of there songs i can see real meaning in.. aslong as i can hear that it should be good

DBZFan
rock mobile yes wacko

Ry-Ry
I know them personally. They're great guys who'd do anything for fans. I'm not trying to change any of your opinions..*shrugs* Just telling you that they're not as bad as people as you think. Now, if you think they're bad musicians, then fine. They put a lot of hard work into each song, and have never done anything wrong. I just don't understand why they get such a bad wrap.

Killer
*jumps on Ry*

there're nice.. i thought so!

Ry-Ry
*is jumped on, looks at Killer* You silly minx!

*dusts self off* Yeah, they're really nice.

Killer
*licks Ry*

*runs off giggling*

Ry-Ry
*chases Killer* Come back here, you minx!

*tackles Killer and ties her down* There..now what should I do with you?..

Killer
*smiles*

I dunno..

*winks*

crazy_rock_chic
Its Linkin Park, and yes they are cool yes cool

DBZFan
Happy Dance

BOPRecruit 16
i think lp's music videos are interesting to watch. plus, their songs make slammin' dbz music videos. like papercut for trunks's rage. i saw a couple when i used to have kazaa before it corrupted my laptop!

DBZFan
DUDE!I made a music video with that song!

BackFire349
crappy band.

Linkin Park is the best band ever!
Lyrics are excellent/great/amazing etc
Music is also amazing and goes with the lyrics perfectly
And vocals are also amazing. Chester has a great voice, and mike shinoda adds another key element to their great music.

Man, i'm dying to see them live

Captain REX
Well, now that I've actually heard them, they're pretty cool.

BackFire349
crappy band, crappy live performance. chester struggles to hold his voice when he yells. their sound is to generic to me.

mah
I'm with backfire.

Captain REX
Well, maybe I like generic...

diegocala
I hate them, can't stand them *shudders*

BackFire349
im not attacking them personally, im just saying musically they suck and are freakishly over rated.

DBZFan
You have no taste at all.

BackFire349
not for bad music, no i dont.

dodgeviper
i like the group linkin park a lot

total metalhead
no im really sorry to hear that.

Evy_O
Linkin park ROCK!
I like most of their songs, but mostly Faint, In the End, Numb and From the Inside! smokin'

dodgeviper
yeah i like those to but i also like papercut, one step closer, runaway, crawlin by myself and forgotten

burlyman
Not me!

§pearhead
Nothin personal, but lp sucks. no expression

Linkin Park rules, but this thread has been been a billion times.

loserib
i dont like insyncin park

Striel
I like them...

TrAnCeDuO
i dont like them either.....theyre too whiny....when is the last time they had something actually upbeat? i mean even "my december"sounded kinda depressing....its just that you gotta get away from them and start listening to stuff thats actually positive instead of a bunch of crybabies crying about their fathers and every other tired out subject....life is for living not for crying....

SlipknoT
lincon park sucks! they're very overrated.

music is a way to express how you feel, if they feel a certain way then they make lyrics pertaining...

Darth Revan
I like a couple of their songs, I admit, but they're just a bunch of talentless idiots who somehow got famous... Only three members of the band actually play instruments, none of them very well, I might add. Chester can't sing worth sh!t. And those other two guys... I don't know what the deal with them is. Do they really need 2 DJs in the same band? Actually they're comperable in several ways to Incubus--they're both large groups, each with a DJ (or 2 in the case of LP) and a guy who only does vocals. The difference is that Incubus actually has talent. Especially Brandon Boyd, who has a really good voice.

And 113 is right, there have been billions of LP threads in the past.

alic88
hmm they have some good songs. generally4me theyre just ok. i like the guy who does the rap. faint is a good song, except 4 the singer screaming his lungs off( i guess i aint into hard rock). but in the end is a very good song.

Darth Revan
Metal isn't about singers screaming their lungs off. LP is not metal and never will be.

total metalhead
well i dont know about that. they may be poppy but i still think they qualify as nu metal, maybe rap metal.

loserib
i think they confuse poeple on what rap metal and nu metal sound like if you want good rap metal check out
(hed) pe
twisted method
they both blow insyncin park out of the water
if you wnat good nu metal check out
motograter
AHC

total metalhead
AHC are the bomb yes

loserib
one of the best nu metal bands to come out to date

Darth Revan
Why is it "nu metal" instead of just "new metal?"

amlap
not i
says "that guy" big grin

steely balls
their pretty good but all their song and videos sound and look the same. not very much of a diverse group. but other then that, good music.

Disintegration
meh, they're ok

arghhh_matey
Yeah Linkin Park is awesome..nobody should come here and say that they suck or whatever. This thread's title is...who here likes linkin park, not who here doesn't

loserib
its kinda like the same thing they did with nu wave in the 80's

its a public forum and please feel free to talk crap about any band i post about

PrefectRonnykin
I LOVE LP

and chester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see look at my sig

TrAnCeDuO
i would say something very wrong about that pic but i dont wanna get banned... laughing

Sir Bob III
stick out tongue i changed it now hes a girl HAHA j/k

TrAnCeDuO
good idea!hee hee

realworlddreams
I dont know...
i like linkin park...but recently they're more of a fad band...
i liked them 4 or 5 years ago better...simply because then nobody knew who they were.
Meteora is a great cd, but when a group comes out w/sumthin like "live in texas" (which i honestly cant stand (even though i own it)) it means theyve gotten to a point where they want more money.
i have their autographs...most of thier cds (i found out theres about 6 i dont have ) but anyway, yeah i like thier music, especially thier unreleased stuff.

n to respond to wut sumone sed...LP doesnt have 2 djs...they have a dj and and emcee...different things...also, there are ONLY 3 instruments that are played: lead guitar, bass guitar, and drums...the rest of their sound comes from electronica...come on...
n i think they fall under more alternative rock than anything else, cuz they do more than jus rock.

Jeff_Atello
God, I hate Linkin Park! They use nothing but electronic equipment, and that takes no talent at all.

total metalhead
Linkin Park are a really horrible band. heres why.

-Chester is shit, he can only sing one note
-Mike cant rap
-meaningless lyrics
-poor guitars
-very poor bass
-all their songs are very similar sounding
-repetive song structures
-they're just heavy pop
-corny videos
-very poor live
-they're practically a boy band
-rely on their DJ to make them sound good
-In The End. the world would be a happier place if that song was never written.

the only member of the band who has any discernible talent is the DJ, and its lucky for LP because without him they would sound even worse than they already do, which is beyond imaging. to top it all off, ive seen them in numerous interviews, and they are really dull people.

smittenkitten
Amen, TM. Not that I've ever /been/ to a LP show, because I wouldn't pay for that, but for the other stuff, amen.

-Smitten Kitten-

Sarah15
i like linkin park...they are ok

SuperSayinGoku
What is wrong with Peaple like Darth Revan listing to songs that have the lines "AN ARMY OF PIGS MARCHING TO MY HOUSE" and they say that Linkin Park sucks I mean comeone Does linkin park suck or not

Darth Revan
Goku, I've explained the song to you before, and that isn't even the line. The line is:

An army of pigs try to silence my style
Off em all out that box it's my radio dial

And I've also given a list of reasons why I don't like Linkin Park. It goes as follows:

1. Chester Bennington can't sing
2. Chester Bennington can't write lyrics
3. Chester Bennington sounds terrible when he screams
4. Their drummer sucks
5. Half their drum beats are fake
6. Their bassist sucks
7. Their guitarist sucks
8. They don't need two DJ's
9. One of their two DJ's pretty much just stands there trying to look cool
10. Did I mention that their drummer sucks?

That was my list, Metalhead made some additions to it. Gimme a sec and I'll find them.

Darth Revan
The complete list reads as follows:

2. Chester Bennington can't write lyrics
3. Chester Bennington sounds terrible when he screams
4. Their drummer sucks
5. Half their drum beats are fake
6. Their bassist sucks
7. Their guitarist sucks
8. They don't need two DJ's
9. One of their two DJ's pretty much just stands there trying to look cool
10. Did I mention that their drummer sucks?
11. They have become more pop than rock
12. They are laughable live
13. All their songs have the same chorus
14. Mike whatever his name is can't rap
15. With the exception of the DJ (the Asian one), they are all very boring people
16. Numb. Possibly the worst song ever.
17. They attempt to ruin such great bands as Deftones, Orgy, Korn and Adema by 'hanging out' with them.

BackFire
I really really dislike Linkin Park. Their music is extremely tired and samey. I've never heard a song that particularly stands out in my mind from any of the others, they all just sort of blend together.

tabby999
i'm not a fanatic, but i dont mind them. i can absently sing along, its just bubble gum for the ears, something to mumble along to while studying or doing homework...

PurityKnight
yeah, they suck!
they're just a bunch of lil boys got casted together to be a famous "boy-band-rockband" sick

total metalhead
Here's your answer: There is nothing wrong with that. The particular song you were (incorrectly) quoting there was written by Rage Against The Machine, who are streets ahead of most bands when it comes to lyrics, and full city blocks ahead of N*Syncin Park. If you don't have the mental capacity to understand and appreciate RAtM's lyrics, fine. But don't you dare insult them. They were a phenomenal band and far FAR better than Linkin Park could ever hope to be.

Linkin Park are a boy band. End of story.

loserib
id pick rage over insynkin park anyday

ElectricBugaloo
i'd pick rage too--but i wouldn't go to the 2nd grade level of demeaning the other band by 'cleverly' changing their name to incorporate part of a pop act.

17. They attempt to ruin such great bands as Deftones, Orgy, Korn and Adema by 'hanging out' with them.

...none of those bands are 'great' they are good. not great. Korn has made too many bad albums to be considered great.

total metalhead
Adema are average, Orgy are good. So your right there, and I can see why a lot of people wouldn't say Korn are great (even though to me they are, and they've only made one bad album), but Deftones are unquestionably great. They haven't made a single bad album.

ElectricBugaloo
Korns last 2 albums were abysmal. the Deftones are overrated to the max.

total metalhead
Untouchables sucked big time. Take A Look In The Mirror wasn't perfect by a long stretched but it took them back to their roots and silenced all the 'they're too whiney' critiscisms, and had the added bonus of being one of the hardest and heaviest nu metal records I've heard since American Head Charge.

Deftones have made four classic albums, they have one of the best vocalists around right now, they're lyrics are an effective and completely innovative mixture of spooky and sensual, they're songs are consistently huge and epic-sounding and they are excellent live. Overrated? Hell no.

ElectricBugaloo
i almost fell asleep seeing them live...

total metalhead
I remember when they opened for Metallica at Foxboro, and they were mind blowing. In fact they were better than Metallica. Chino Moreno suffered (not for the first time) from severe vocal injuries due to his manic performance, they have a colossal stage presence and sounded almost CD perfect. I've only ever seen two bands whip a crowd up into such a frenzy as Deftones, so I have two questions for you.

1. Do you actually like their music?
2. Where, when and with whom did you see them play?

lpsoldierx12
Boys? And since when is being over the age of 21 still considered the age to be called "boys"? They weren't casted. Check your facts. They've been around since 1996. Just because the majority of the people who posted in this thread say that "they suck", doesn't mean it's a fact.

ElectricBugaloo
1) No, i've said this before
2) in albuquerque, opening for Godsmack.

Darth Revan
A "boyband" isn't a band consisting of boys. If that were true, then several rock bands could be considered "boybands", namely Incubus in their earlier days. A boyband is a group of talentless young men who look good enough to be put on an album cover, and who play pop music. If I'm not mistaken, everybody in N*Sync was over 18, and legally an adult.

el_barto
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many long posts sleep

realworlddreams
u know wut...i actually dont give a shit if i get banned for this, but y'all need to jus ****in lay off linkin park...damnit its just ****ing music! if y'all dont ****ing like em then u dont need to ****ing comment! i honestly dont care what you all ****ing listen to...but ****ing dont **** with what others like...y'all dont gotta ****in flame everyone who likes linkin park...or linkin park in general...****!!!
lay off linkin park please...

n btw they dont suck...they have some of the best music out there...dont listen to meteroa...go deep into their demos those songs are amazing
thx...
BTW, they're really great guys...i met them last year (like actually hung out w/them)
they're extremely normal for guys that are so POPULAR AMONG PEOPLE...unfortunately, i dont give a **** if you guys dont like linkin park... but lay off em a little bit K?

Darth Revan
I never flamed anybody. Goku asked a question, and I answered it.

BackFire
You kinda just proved yourself wrong. If you really didn't care about people likeing or disliking them then you wouldn't have gotten so obviously upset over people disliking them.

As you said, they're just music, and it shouldn't matter to you if people bash them or not.

realworlddreams
backfire...**** urself up a tree for bein a real pain in the ass

BackFire
Ah, well you sure put me in my place. You sure do make Linkin Park fans look good.

"I don't like Linkin Park"

"Go **** yourself up a tree!"

Brilliant.

realworlddreams
thank you...u can go shut up now

Darth Revan
Bad idea saying that kinda thing to mods...

BackFire
Hmmm....Nah, I think I'll continue bashing this crap band. Just so you can learn to deal with such trivial things such as conflicting opinions. If you can't deal with people bashing something you like then you should not be on a message board where people express their opinions openly and without hesitation.

PurityKnight
i couldn't care less what the other ppl say.
I think they suck! that's the fact!

tabby999
i'm sorry if this is getting off topic, but i agree with Electric Bugaloo (sorry if i got the name wrong) but Deftones are overrated. i saw them at big day out and boy, did they stink the place out or what? and they bearly moved on the stage. and i own around the fur, and while its ok, it all ends up sounding the same to me. nothing special to me, korn a tons better

lpsoldierx12
Oh. Well I think they have talent and are pretty decent looking. I'm not afraid to say that. But I have to admit, their latest singles have been quite "the" pop song. Then again, just my opinion.

ElectricBugaloo
i think it's ok to like them, as long as you can admit that they are WAY more pop than rock

Darth Revan
yeah, I have nothing against people who do like them.... I just hate them myself.

lpsoldierx12
Yea, it doesnt matter that much to me about what genre they are aand stuff.

I think they play good music. Therefore I listen.

I think therefore I am stick out tongue

Darth Revan
Some are born great, some achieve greatness, some have greatness thrust upon them yes happy

war

SuperSayinGoku
**** YOU WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU ****** YOUR TALKING ABOUT ***** DIFFRENT STUFF I ASKED A QUESTION AND I DONT ****** CARE IF SOMEONE LIKES THE ****** BAND CALLED***** CORN AND I AM ****** PISSED OF NOW!!! YOU ******]

(Darth Revan call me on my cellphone!!! And leave a message if I dont answer I wanna talk to you in real person dude)

SuperSayinGoku
***** WAR IS THE ***** ANSWER ILL WILL ***** TURN SUPER SAIYAN KICK YOUR ***** ASS AND THEN YOU WILL ****** DO WHATEVER I ***** SAY!!!

Darth Revan
**** GOKU I DON'T WANT TO ****ING TALK TO YOU IN ****ING PERSON DUDE **** **** **** **** **** happy smart

And nobody ever mentioned Korn.

SuperSayinGoku
******* YOU REVAN ***** ***** ***** ARE YOU **** YEP YOU ARE A ****** AND A ****** GO AND ****** HUMP THE TREE!!

Darth Revan
Doesn't feel so good does it? smart I didn't mean that seriously, I was just giving you an example of what it feels like to be flamed.

quiball
i think, like many other bands, they have some great songs and some annoying ones, but seriously, it's just music, no need to get so worked up...

BackFire
Both of you guys need to calm down and cut the crap.

drunk_nazgul
Prezactly. Happy Dance

Nobody mess with Darth. He listed his reasons for not liking the band you obviously dislike, so you guys have at least one thing in common! Come on, he's playing with your head! I used to to that all the time. But the guys I did it to were like 40 years old and very boring. They near-banned me from their site.

tabby999
Prezactly....sounds like a George W Bush word to me....kinda like missunderestimated. yeah

lpu05
Linkin Park is the best band in the world. ok. u don't need 2 be talking crap about them. chester can also scream. and it is kool. my friend can do it 2, but not as good as him.

BackFire
How can we not talk crap about them, when all they are is just that - Crap.

SenshiNaka
I like Linkin Park because they pushed towards much, much better music. Now i just think their music is boring and as people have said "samey". The lyrics seem to not meen much and their not very good.

Df02
Deftones have never made a single bad album, infact i cant name a song by Deftones that isnt good (imo)

i have no problem with Linkin Park, wouldnt say i like em, and theyre a bit whingey....but i dont mind Breaking the habit

Linkin Park arent even close to being the best band in the world.
People have the right to talk Crap about whatever they want.
Chester cant scream
Its not "kool"
Congratz ur freind can scream. but not aswell as Chester? does he have toncilitus? cos i cant think of another reason why any1 could be worse at screaming than Chester

Darth Revan
its only kool when sum1 who cna actully scream good does it.like marilyn manson. thats kool when he does it. but i h8 it when chester screams.

StinkFist462
yes

total metalhead
When he screams he just sounds like someone's grabbed his balls really, really hard. He sucks at it. Besides when you scream in music its when theres some emotion you can't express just by singing it, not to sound 'kool'.

lpgirl911
mad laughing

dude there aren't two flipping dj's in lp!WHERE DO U GET UR ****ING INFO?

Darth Revan
I get my info from the lyrics book in "Meteora":

Chester Bennington: vocals
Rob Bourdon: drums
Brad Delson: guitars
Joseph Hahn: records, sampling
"Phoenix": bass
Mike Shinoda: emcee, vocals, sampling

Sarah15
i like linkin park...i think the first album was better though...

lpsoldierx12
Technically, he doesn't DJ. Ish not his specialty. Mike's liek the glue of the band. He takes each member's contributions and forms songs with them...

total metalhead
huh No, technically he does. Its right there in front of ya buddy.

Mike Shinoda: emcee, vocals, sampling

So what if its not his speciality? Its not Wayne Static's speciality either, but that doesn't mean he 'technically' doesn't DJ.

Df02
Wayne Statics speciality is having excessively cool hair...^^

Im not saying its not cool to scream, im saying its not cool when Chester screams.
Half the music i listen to has screaming

LP are one of, if not the most overrated bands in Rock, they gained fame and popularity among the younger metallers (called nibblers where i live :P) and since they make up the majority of the kerrang viewers...kerrang started to open their mouth to accept Chesters......................"microphone". wink

Musically theyre nothing special, lyrically they are nothing special (unless ur a "depressive" preteen), live theyre god damn awful! i cant say ive seen them live, but ive seen videos of live performances, and ive had m8s tell me theyre shit.
pretty concise reason to why they suck

Darth Revan
Yeah right LP "depressive" roll eyes (sarcastic)

You want some truly angry, depressing music, go listen to some Marilyn Manson. And, as I have stated before, he can actually scream, and very well at that.

SomeBody_Some1
don't rip into me to hard my first post....i've listened to linkin while your right chester can't scream nor can i find a reason for him to in any of his songs...i don't totally hate there music i enjoy a few of there songs...but i'd have to say i'm more impressed by bands such as...nothing face,spineshank,coalchamber,korn,taproot...but mostly i just love music for the fact that these guys take what they feel and try to amke everyone else feel what they feel....someone awhile back mentioned korn..the reason i liek this band is becasue they do just that u can sympathize with what was happing to him everybody has been tease or been dump...in short music is there to make us feel better or worse we all like bands we can relate to

total metalhead
The thing is though, Linkin Park don't know pain. They're a bunch of rich kids who have had life handed to them on a plate. They have nothing to sympathize with, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the time they just make shit up to make their songs sound 'angsty'. The reason why people sympathize with Korn is because Jon sings about real life experiences, and he, unlike Chester, has had a very difficult life.

Darth Revan
^yes true that^

I have nothing against bands that don't sing about real life experiences, but if they don't actually know what it's like to go through these things, they shouldn't try.

SomeBody_Some1
true...but linkin park has found a fan base..ppl like there music and until every single one of there fans is gone we gonna have to deal with them

and from what i heard they both write the songs together to get a different sound..i will give them one thing they do have an almost unique sound..which is now very much repetative

total metalhead
I wouldn't call it unique, they've just taken an exisiting sound and put in some more hip-hop elements, and made it more radio-friendly.

I've always thought of Linkin Park as Adema-lite.

tabby999
chester did have a hard life. i dont know if its as hard as Jons but he didn't just have everything put in front of him on a silver plater

Darth Revan
Jonathan Davis' bio:

http://www.geocities.com/korns_dolly/jonsbio.html

and Chester Bennington's bio:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1057933/bio

I realize Chester's was pretty short, but I honestly couldn't find one that went into more detail. If anybody can find a better one, it would be much appreciated...

SuperSayinGoku
Someone put me on fire!!!!!!!

Darth Revan
blink why?

total metalhead
Those bio's prove my point. Jon's life has been a piece of shit, but Chester? I can say with total confidence that I've had a tougher life than him.

loserib
yeah metalhead i aggree with you jon davis has had a crappy life lets see with all money he has and all the fame and getting to do what he has allways wanted i dont see how he stands it

lol metalhead dont take it to heart man im just ****ing with you

total metalhead
Well yeah now he's ok, but this guy was sexually abused, beaten, bullied and tormented constantly as a child, almost died from a devastating asthma attack and had a crippling drug addiction. I won't even go into the things that bio missed out...you don't forget that kind of shit, no matter how rich or famous you get erm

loserib
thats funny kind of sounds like my life when i was younger i was in the hospital all the time for my asthma came really close to death more then once i was alos sexualy abused beatin and tormented kids at school called me lowlife cuese i lived in a house with no lights and no windows had a very bad meth addiction that started when i was 11 at twelve my mom let my drop out of school so i could seel crank for her
im cleaned up now at least for the most part and you are right it does stay with you
did not meen to get off topic but i was actully surprised that me and jon davis would have so much in common

Royal_Knight
EVERY music group has its faults...

People dislike certain groups because it doesn't catch their attention...

Some people like linkin park ...but everyone has the right to their own opinionyes

Darth Revan
Indeed, RK...

ElectricBugaloo
well, davis was from bakersfield, right? isn't that a form of child abuse?

wuTa
just coz he had a rougher life that doesnt make him a better musician...i mean i think davis is more talented than bennington but thats not coz he had a harder life its coz he has more talent.....you dont need a shitty life to have talent

tabby999
i'm sorry but basing an opinion on chester because of THAT bio if ****ing stupid, thats a shit one. he too had a drug addiction, and spent time living on the streets. you cant say "poor jon" on all this, you dont just wake up addicted to drugs, you GET addicted to drugs, and he went out and got the job at the mourge so he cant blame no one on that.

Df02
Altho Jon had a bad life, i agree that it cant make him a good musician...only makes him (at best) a good lyricist. all the rest is thru talent.

Jon had a rough life yea, but thats not the reason he's good, he had talent.
Chester didnt have a rough life......but thats not the reason i think he sucks, he has no talent lol

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>