Mean Girls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mumygrl
I just saw the movie previews of this movie and I wanted to watch it right then and there!!! I am sure we could all relate to this movie (if you went to High School that is). According to my local 6.com website from my local news, this movie won the weekend box office so there should be no reason why anybody wouldn't watch it. What do you think?

Cinemaddiction
Because it looks like every other high school drama ever?

To put weekend box office toppers into perspective, "Batman & Robin" as well as "Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles" were tops on weekends.

<<Solo>>
This is true. But as sad as it is I will be dragged there myself. Oh yeah and I'll probably have to pay for the tickets and the extra large popcorn and the soda.I'd rather see Kill Bill Vol.2 which as sad as it sounds I havn't seen yet.
Hopefully it doesn't disturbe me that much.

wallflower
well, it was written by tina fey, from SNL. she does weekend update and is the show's head writer. dosn't mean it'll be a good move, but i'll see it cause there is bound to be some laughs. =shrugs=

el_barto
sounds like any other teenage movie to me

khalla
I went on opening night it was actually pretty good.

RoseBloom
Yes. I have actually seen the movie....Personally, Lindsay Lohan is an over-charged must-do-everything-better-than-everyone-else type of girl. Along with she and Hilary Duff, I think that people should seriously consider better actresses, with a little more personality to star in a movie, because both of them are robotic molds of what people think girls to be. So, I believe it makes the movie fake when you have a girl act so picked on, we she herself instigates fights on a regular basis in her own life. To sum it up, Lindsay Lohan is not worth the time of America.

<<Solo>>
No wonder why SNL sucks now. And yes I was dragged there yesterday. And believe it or not well it sucked bad it had to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. But Lindsay Lohan is extremely hot.

LeatherLep43
I think this movie rocks. Even though I have not seen it. Many people at school have already, and gave good reviews. They say it is worth watching and I believe that. The previews on TV seem very good, and very funny. I can't wait to see it. I hope it sends a message out. Even if it is a comedy.

The Force
i might see it, dont know

<<Solo>>
YOU DUN WANT TO TRUST THE SOLO.

RoseBloom
Leather....I don't care what you do or don't see. But I friggen hate people who talk about things they know nothing about. "I haven't even seen the movie, but it's good!" Gawd, you make me angry. There is no word to descirbe your type of people who are so close-minded to objections and negativity about a subject. I hope you die pruning your roses in your perfect society. Good gravy, wake up and take of the colored glasses.

hobbit_lover
i really liked this movie it was great!!

<<Solo>>
RoseBloom don't be such a Fother Mucker He was just stating that he thinks it looks good. Your seriously sounding like one psycho dumbass.

eleveninches
It comes out in the UK on the 18th of this month. Sould I go and see it??? erm

Red Superfly
It looks like a typical Americana pile of bull to me.

That's just the way it looked in the trailers. You can just tell it'll end happy, with the main character supposedly trying to big-up-the-picked-on-massive.

I do not for one minute consider Lindsay Lohan to be a "normal girl". I can picture her BEING the school bully more than the victim.

Oh well, I dissed American Pie until I saw it - but something tells me that film is leagues ahead of Mean Girls lol

Elektra_lover
I saw it today and it was actually good

botankus
This movie was decently made but it really isn't the kind of movie I'd enjoy so I didn't like it.

There were a few funny parts to me, though, like when the little girl is watching the "Girls Gone Wild" video on TV and they're all pulling up their shirts so she does too.

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
i have yet to see it but i bet it will be really good!

MornGlory
UGHHH I am so sick of Miss Lindsey and her fake boobs

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmad

botankus
I am too!!

I'm not just yet. stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
Saw it this evening, cute flick. That's all I am inclined to say, as it's not something I can be too critical of.

eleveninches
Whats her next movie?
When's it released??

Curl_Up&Dye
I was reluctant to see it, but my sister rented it so I finally got around to seeing it, and although EXTREMELY cliche, a lot of the jokes were actually pretty good. I give serious props to all the SNL alumni who made cameos and who had a hand in writing it.

but could we please cast actresses/actors who are actually HIGH school age next time? god! that is so annoying! shannon doherty is what like 30?

Cinemaddiction
Lohan is 18, and I believe the oldest actress in the movie portraying a student.

lil bitchiness
Like i said before - its a rip off of Heathers. With the diferance that in Mean Girls you dont have cool lines like ''**** me gently with a chainsaw''

Cinemaddiction
They said the same thing about "Jawbreaker". High school bitches getting their come-uppance can only be done so many times before it's just totally stale.

That said, I need to rewatch "Heathers". "I love muh dead gay son!"

paulwalkersgirl
I just saw Mean Girls about 45 minutes ago - I love it!! big grin Go the plastics!! stick out tongue It's pretty cool to see Lacey Chabert again, I haven't seen her since Party of Five and Lost In Space!!

Jackie Malfoy
A very disapointing movie that I saw only because one of my friends wanted to see it.She liked it but I thought I was going to barf.Who ever thought she was a good actess is wrong.
Dead wrong!JM

T.M
ahhh this film bored me to tears just wasn't in any part funny AT ALL

JamalMagloire
I wasn't expecting anything great, but kinda liked it. thought it was entertaining.

LepperFace15
Originally posted by RoseBloom
Leather....I don't care what you do or don't see. But I friggen hate people who talk about things they know nothing about. "I haven't even seen the movie, but it's good!" Gawd, you make me angry. There is no word to descirbe your type of people who are so close-minded to objections and negativity about a subject. I hope you die pruning your roses in your perfect society. Good gravy, wake up and take of the colored glasses.

Wow, HAHA.

You sure are right. Maybe I should die because I give my opinion.

PSHT. SIKE.

No, but seriously.
Since that last post I've seen the movie at least 40 times.
And know all the words to it.

I was happy when it did give a good message at the end.
Despite the cheesy laughs and crude remarks.
This movie is the only movie that can make me laugh.

P.S. Rosebloom:

I understand your fustration.
I get the same way.
I just don't understand why anyone would get mad over a movie like that. HAHA.

Wolfie
I guess I should rent this. The oddest of people I know say they actually liked this movie. To me, watching the previews and even looking at the cover, it looks like garbage.

A bit of a conversation I had with a friend:
"Have you seen Mean Girls?"
"No, that's on my 'movies to see' list right after The Perfect Man!"
"Shut up!"

Punker69
Rent it. Its a good movie. I felt it was one of the funniest movies of its year.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.