What is the best horror movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chikki32004
I think the best horror movie is definately the nightmare on elm street and scream series. wes craven is like, totally the best horror director there is.

eleveninches
Nightmare on elm street is the greatest.

freddie is sooo evil

Ellen
me too i like horor movie and i like the nightmare movie!!!

Machete_guy
Do you mean most scarriest horror film?

botankus
I'm just impressed someone actually included Poltergeist.

Cinemaddiction
There are 9 Hellraiser installments, not 3, BTW.

Funny thing is, it's still the best "trilogy", IMO since I only like 1-3.

zombie_master
I cant pick which is the best i like to maney horror movies and for stupid reasons like the amount of gore i dont care about the plot if I see lots of chainsaw kills im a happy camper well not at camp crystal lake but u get wut im sayin

dean7879
halloween,hellraiser and noes are the best

Uno
None of 'em are really scary. Jason (Friday 13th of course) has the whole hockey-masked killa thing going but it's not scary... Clowns are scary yet 'Grim Weekend' was one of the worst movies I have ever watched featuring a 350lb cannibal clown.
Haha, randomness: Bart Simpson: "Can't sleep! Clowns will eat me."
Patrick Bateman from American Psycho did give me the wiggins though, what with the chasing-the-prostitue-down-the-stairs-no-one-hears-her-scream thing. I didn't expect it.

zombieman
Notice the title of this thread is "what is the best horror MOVIE", yet the choices are a combination of movies. Shouldn't it have been whats the best horror SERIES??

Can i also point out that the Living Dead series is missing? I would have gone for that though my favorite horror film is Halloween 1.

vegeance
I dont know why but I love the chucky movies

blackdragoon
My fav would have to be eather 976 evil 1 or 2 , demons saga

Painkiller
susprina

~Johnnyz#1~
i like the halloween movies!!
the screem movies aren't that good but they are a must see!!

ArrghPirateGirl
I havn't watched 1 horror movie that really scares me but I watch them anyway

nail_bunny
Nightmare on Elm Street! those movies are so awesome. Freddy pwns.

FEDFAN316
instead of "jerry jerry jerry"when i watch a NOES movie,it's "FREDDY FREDDY FREDDY!"i love freddy kreuger movies!the razors,the dreams,i's cool!!!!!same with Cabin By the Lake and Return to the Cabin By the Lake.Judd Nealson is so fin man!!!!!!!!ahhhhhh.(melts in chair.)

Cowboyography
hey chikki, ever watch any of Wes Cravens truley terrifying flicks? Pick up "last house on the left" and LMK what you think of Wes Craven.

MichaelMyerscoo
My favs.in order

1. Halloween
2. NOES
3. Friday the 13th.

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
voted Halloween series.

theterminatorx
i think the jason movies and freddy movies were the best in horror movies

littlesister777
Happy Dance eek! evil face death
You all have great films listed but you are missing a wealth of fright. The old classics are best. No special effects etc just good acting (for the most part). How can you deny that Lon, Bella, Boris and Vincent were the kings of horror. They set the stage for all the great flicks that are out today. The black and white films add to the mystic and fright element and somehow make it more creepy. They didn't need to show all the blood and gore (however I REALLY enjoy that). You had to use more imagination and your mind can sometimes be the scariest thing of all.

Pandemoniac
Out of this list I definitely choose Nightmare on Elmstreet! Al tough the principle has last some value trough the 6 sequels, not to mention Freddy shifting from really eerie murderer to sarcastic boogieman. Still this series started out phenomenal and has produced some very interesting sequels anyway.
The originality of the story, the effects, the absurdness and the legendary killer involved make these films, in my opinion, the icon of horror.

Jennifer_Tilly
Halloween movies are the best

BadKitty
the Hellraiser trilogy got my vote..I watch those above all others on the poll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.