SK's IT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Michael Myers 1
What do you guys think of this movie? i love it alot but it gets boring at parts and i dont watch it often but its still a great movie. What do you guys think?

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
i think its pretty good but ur rite it does get boring in some parts

roundisfunny
"It" is probably still my favorite King book; thus, the "adaptation" is anything but satisfactory. First of all, I didn't buy Tim Curry with that Harvey Fierstein accent as Pennywise. We're introduced to him at the same time as Georgie, who would NEVER be entranced by such a gravelly, scary-voiced freakshow.

Second, while I thought Annette O'Toole (dah-rool, dah-rool) was perfect casting for Beverly, I thought Ben and Richie could have used better adult counterparts than John Ritter and Harry Anderson (though I'm a fan of some of their other work). Also...maybe I'm just too much of a TV junkie, but I didn't see Mike Hanlon and Bill Denborough; I saw Venus and John-Boy (curious, then, that I didn't see Jack Tripper and Judge Stone).

Third, the book had way too much adult material to be reproduced on television (like much of King's work). Remember Patrick Hockstetter or the gang-bang in the vision quest tent?

Finally, "It" was put in the hands of Tommy Lee Wallace, who's track record with horror flicks can be said to be anything but exemplary. He wrote "Amityville II" and directed "Halloween III", "Fright Night II" & "Vampires: Los Muertos", all of which are examples of how a successful horror franchise can nosedive when put in incompetent hands.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.