please help ID this movie -- 80's comedy scavenger hunt/treasure hunt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bg971
I saw this movie in the mid-80s in school and have been trying to find out the name of it for years--any help would be appreciated...

It's a comedy set in the west, possibly gold-rush era or a little later. The teams end up in California although they may go other places. They're either on a scavenger hunt or following clues to reach a treasure. I remember they have to steal a menu from a restaurant at some point, and they also have to climb a tree and get a feather from some bird, a rare eagle or something like that--or maybe it's the egg from the bird they want, not the feather.

There's also a scene where the hero of the movie gets tied up and stuck on the back of a horse, and the villain puts a carrot in front of the horse and lets it go in the wrong direction, so the guy will be late getting the clue. I remember it being a really funny movie--any help coming up with the name is MUCH appreciated!

Kes
If you wish to reply go here:http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f32/t293255.html
Closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.