Light or Dark?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mindbugaling
what would you like to be and why?

Julie
light.....evil is easier......challeng yourself

Lyn
I'd be a light Jedi. I love both the fear and respect they command.

mindbugaling
i decided that i would be a sith first, then, for the ultimate challenge, change to light, to help realize which side is stronger.

ybbil33
Well, I said dark b/c I want to be with anakin, b/c it sounds fun, the dark side sounds fun and easy. lol. But if someone that I knew like in my family or something was on the light side I would be with them b/c I don't care THAT much, lol.

Lames.s.
Both, without one the other cannot exist.

Darth Revan
Both isn't entirely unrealistic... You don't have to use your force powers for either good or evil. Take Jolee Bindo from KotOR for example--he rejected the jedi order because he didn't believe in the anti-love anti-attachment thing. However, he was still a lightsider, even though he didn't go around hunting down criminals and such. So despite the unequalled coolness of the Dark Side, I'd be both.

Darth Revan
That's impossible--you would never be able to willingly turn away from the Dark Side after becoming a full-blown Sith. The lure of the Dark Side is such that even the most powerful Jedi find it difficult to resist.

God I sound like all this is real

stinkfist462
i like the dark side more than the other .. i dont know .. i jus had this fasination with the dark side ever since i first watched SW

Ushgarak
I disagree entirely with Revan's first point. 'Both' is a cop out answer. The ethic of Star Wars is very clear- Light OR Dark, no inbetween. If you reject the anti-love attachment thing- you are heading towards Dark. You can leave the Jedi, but you would still be either Light or Dark. The Jedi do that with good reason. And in reference to the poll- doing whatever the hell you want... is ALSO Dark. That is selfishness. Do not think that by doing good deeds one day and bad the next you will somehow be between Light and Dark. A Sith may perform good deeds if he wishes, or it amuses him. Does not make him a good person.

I agree entirely with the second- the Dark Side is not a revolving door. Anakin may have turned back but it cost him his life; once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Forget about going back and forth.

I am a Light sider. The Dark Side is impossibly paranoid; you cannot live like that. Being a Jedi is hard but at least you can feel fulfilled.

finti
what ush said

Vegeta13
dark for me

cornponious
I like light meat.

kuntrious kokus

LordRevan
Both, the dark side has grate power but i don't take pleaser in others misery and the dark side is'ent evil i is how you use your powers.

Ushgarak
Err, incorrect. The Dark Side IS evil- there is no escaping that. There is no situation where you can be a Dark Sider, and yet a good guy. Star Wars is a simple morality tale- good and bad, white hats and dark hats.

Those on the Dark Side are evil and nothing else.

LordRevan
No you did'int see what i ment you could be light and have to make sacrifices that turn to the dark. dark you have to help one of your sith members that makes you turn to the light for a small moment.

Ushgarak
If you are Light Sided and 'turn to the Dark' that's it, you know. There should never be anything, ever, that you HAVE to use the Dark Side to succeed in.

And just because a Sith helps another, that does not make him using the Light Side! He would only be doing it because it benefitted him on some level, even if it is just he enjoys his company.

ash007
i am not sure i would love have the light side but i have my own personall demons and i have a quick temper so i would quickly join the darkside

Ushgarak
Ah, well, if your temper is a problem, they would not train you...

LordRevan
yea you both have a point

LeAtHerRFace
Dark... baby.

mindbugaling
the only reason darth died was because he threw the emperor in the tunnel as he was electicuting luke which made darth take the blow, that made darths health diminish then eventually he died, it wasnt about him turning to light again. Its kinda like in KotOR, you can start to go down the path of bad, but then with enough energy and time, you can eventually turn to light again.

Ushgarak
KOTOR gets a lot of things wrong. Its judgment on love betrays it not having paid attention to AOTC. It tries to make out that the Jedi are wrong to say love is wrong because they think that the only associated problem is passion. But it is not- the problem is attachment. No matter how noble the love, it creates attachment, and if you have attachment you fear to lose it- and we know where fear leads... GL actually directly states that it is Anakin's attachment to Padme that gets him, and I think we can all be satisifed that Anakin's love was as pure and noble as it gets. But still fatal. It is just the way it is for a Jedi and a game based in the SW universe should remember that.

(noting, of course, that Anakin also states that in GENERAL, Jedi are encouraged to love. It is the focussed love/attachment to one person that is forbidden and with good reason)

Vader's death was an inevitiable consequence and price for his redemption. You have to look at these things as a wider plot arc- the sacrifice was his price. The films are VERY clear on the one way nature of the Dark Side. Once you give in, you are finished.

If you think there was a scenario where Vader could have just turned back to Anakin and lived happily ever after- absolutely not, and this would go against what GL wanted to show.

mindbugaling
where in KOTOR did it say that passion was bad and not attachment? i think that their point was that passion is a dangerous path to go down BECAUSE it leads to attachment. If you are passive about something, obviousely you're going to end up attached to it...its inevitable. I think that they told the jedi to just avoid passion for anything because you'll always end up attached to it. but whose to decifer love and passion?

Ushgarak
Jolee said it was passion that was dangerous, not love, in an extended sequence designed to portray that. You are also encouraged to have a romance with Bastilla, if male.

The film is very clear- love like that is DANGEROUS and is forbidden with good reason. And yes, this treads all over the EU, but there you go.

mindbugaling
cant have passion without attachment.

Ushgarak
So? You cannot have love for a person without attachment either. Specific love is a route to the Dark Side for a Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.