At the Drive In

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
I think their best album is Relationship of Command; the opening track (Arcarsenal) is one of the best opening tracks on an album EVER.

From Arcarsenal to Non-Zero Possibility, the album is pure greatness

burlyman
yup its good thumb upsmile

loserib
ive heard of them but i have not heard any music by them anyway to discribe them

Df02
i think theyre better than Mars Volta....
Arcarsenal is good yea, and i dont really rate their other 2 albums :/

burlyman
I havent heard the other two

lil bitchiness
What the...?

No way Mars Volta simply puttly kick ass and are SOOOO much better than at the drive in.

ElectricBugaloo
TMV aren't better than ATDI; TMV is ATDI without the discipline of actually creating songs--instead, they are just another jam band, with 30 minute songs of random noises...ATDI had a political message behind their music, and could play large crowds as easily as small clubs with their infectious energy. At any venue larger than 100 people, TMV loses touch with the audience; they aren't playing with any regard to the audience, but only to JAM.

burlyman
TMV were created because of the lead singer of ATDI's friend who committed suicide. ATDI did a tribute song, but he didnt think it was enough and split up the band. He created TMV, the album is like all song representation of the dead guys book.

embarrasment I read that all off theyre site ages ago..might not have got it all correct messed

lil bitchiness
To you maybe, to me Mars Volta are way better. End of story.

ElectricBugaloo
the album is a journey through the conscioius and subconscious (yeah, spelling, whatever) of their friend...

but i like regularly scheduled songs. and of course it is to me; who else's opinion would I be stating? My opinion is that ATDI was better, and yours is that TMV is better--and that's all that there can be is opinions, because wheteer or not you like something is an opinion, not a fact that band A is better than band B.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.