8 Mile [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sabrea
has anyone heard anything about 8 mile yet?? ok, no one has probably even heard of it unless they're as eminem obsessive as me...but i've known about this movie for months now and still have heard nothing about it...

BackFire349
yeah, ive seen the trailor, looks stupid as hell, just another movie glorifying a no talant musicians rise to the top. glitter mixed with dangerous minds.

Sabrea
you saw the trailor?? really?? i havent been able to find it...well...the DVD thing doesnt count...i havent seen it on TV yet..but i think it looks good...when is it coming out?

Bad Boy
Eminem has talent.

finti
of being a complete *******

yerssot
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/8_mile.html

Bad Boy
Well yeh, he is kinda a *******. His musical talent may not be very high, but his lyrical structures and production skills are very creative.

mah
and he does have musical talent, his rapping is of very high quality.
you have nothing to say about how good he is, finti, if you do not like the genre of hip-hop/rap.

BackFire349
wow, he can make rhymes. he musta been a big star in his special ed class. he's also the biggest hypocrite in the music industry.

yerssot
there's more to rap then rhymes, if you follow the genre you know that

BackFire349
yeah, i saw teh trailor at www.imdb.com by the way

Thomas H
trailor?hehe...trailer!!
anyway, i think this move will be good!

BackFire349
spelling is for fools

Billy The Kid
Eminem makes good music, but he hasnt got a lot in his head!

What the f*** was he doing with Moby????

finti
he is a selfish idiot who thinks too much of himself. trying too be so BAD. I dont get *** why his music is so poulare but then again it aint my kind off music either. Is this movie with Eminem?????

BackFire349
yeah its his life story, which is why i said glitter mixed with dangerous minds. and yes, he sadly stars in it.

jayride
3 questions I ask myself before making a decision:

"Would I want my children to listen to it?"
(no)
"Then how does being over 21 make it right for me to poison myself?"
(it doesn't)
"What would Yoda do?"
(lobotomize eminem with his lightsaber)

yerssot
it's easy to critisize music if you just don't like it and don't try to get "the feeling"

BackFire349
its even easier when the music is bad like eminems is.

yerssot
on what do you base yourself?

Sabrea
eminems music is not bad!!!!

J-ROC
It's a matter of taste!!! I like a few Eminem songs...and who's to say he's an *******? He's just havin fun...what are you little mr perfect? Lighten up. cool

mah
finti, you're saying he's an *******, which might be correct, I dont know the man. but the music is good. of course it wont be if you dont like rap, but its still got quality on its field; hip-hop.

Sabrea
hes not an *******!!!.........and i dont like rap, eminem is the exception

BackFire349
all his songs are teh same. they're either .....

1. a song making fun of other musicians who are no worse then he is with the a very repetitive, generic beat.

2. a song where he's feeling sorry for himself cuz his mom sent him to his room once.

3. random cuss words or skits trying to be funny, but end up sounding like a bad snl skit.

BackFire349
oh and as far as him being an ******* is concerned.... he's a hypocrite, which makes him an ******* in my eyes. he goes and makes fun of everyone in the music business and what not. then someone makes fun of him and he gets pissy and angry.

Sabrea
hes allowed..all these other ppl do it too...maybe not in their songs, but they say it

BackFire349
yeah but most of them dont get bent outa shape when someone makes fun of them. and if they do then they're assholes right along with eminem.

Sabrea
u dont even kno him...u cant judge him by his music

BackFire349
i can judge him by the way he acts when i see him on tv, like at the vma's he got bent outa shape because triumph the insult dog was insulting him so he got his posse to attack the puppet cuz he couldnt handle it on his own.

Sabrea
do u personally kno him?? no, so u cant judge him until u talk to him

BackFire349
then im judging the way he portrays himself to the public. maybe he's different in real life, but then all that says about him is that he's a poser who acts like something he's not. which is no better then the way he acts on tv.

Dexx
Even if we don't know him personaly, we make conclude things by his media life. The music's good..personaly i like his "**** the world, i don't give a sh*t bout 'lmost 'nyone" personality. He just overreacts over certain things.
The music still is goo though..i don't see how could it be affected by what the singer does.

BackFire349
i dont like his music, or his personality.

Dexx
u don't like rap? and we wouldn't know much about his personality...the real one i mean...maybe he's different

BackFire349
i adressed that too, if he's different then he's a poser. which is worse actually cuz then the way he acts on tv and such is false. which is worse then being an *******.

BackFire349
i dont like rap particularly, some is ok. but i think it gets old relaly fast. its just the same 3-4 second beat repeated for 4 minutes with some silly lyrics complaining about growing up in the hood and getting shot and saying how hard their life it is while they live in their mansions. i have no respect for that. all they can do is rhyme.

BackFire349
annyyyyyways. we kinda started to stray from the topic, back to 8 mile. the movie itself, regardless of what i think of eminem, looks bad. its just gonna be a crossroads for eminem fans.

finti
We can judge him from how he come out in the media, and there he has been nothing but an idiot.
I think it is.
So the film is his life story, oh brother they make two hit records and think they own the world. At least I now know which film not to see in 2003

BackFire349
actually it comes out this year. november i think.

finti
well wont see it then either sick sick there are two things with November
FOTR special edition and AOTC dvd`s big grin big grin
Guess M&M can go see it alone

Dexx
well he's a hell of a lot way better than top seller britney spears. And rap will probably get old pretty soon...but now this is it's time..and it will be for some time. i'll be waiting for tha movie

Billy The Kid
eminem is much better than Spears...yes!

mah
of course, if you think rap gets old quickly or dont like it, you wont find anything positive in eminems music at all. hip-hop fans on the otherhand will, and they have the right to, as his music IS good(even if the new cd had little new and original). same as for britney actually. while she most of the time has delivered crap, I'm probably the only one here who actually has listened to her newest cd (no,I dont own it), and as the teen-pop it is it's quite good. I would never buy it, I would never listen to it, but it IS good for those who seek light-weight teen-pop. that does not mean other will like it, like us here, but thats simply because pop light is def. not a genre we listen to. its perfect for those who do though, and that's what matter.
it's easy and correct to say ''I don't like it'' about what you dont like, but its not always bad just because it aint your style.

I think both of them acts like asses in the media though.

as for this film, I wouldnt know as I know nought about eminems acting skills.

BackFire349
when i say he's not good, i dont mean people cant like him. i mean he doesnt have talent. he doesnt play instruments or anything like that, as do none of the rappers. he just thinks of a simple beat and loops it for 4 minutes. as do all rappers. and his lyrics are nothing special either. all he can do is make rhymes.

mah
when you say that rappers arent talented musicians because they dont use instruments I understand that music aint your department.

yerssot
but they are very talented with words

finti
M&M has played his part he needs to renew his act, or else fruit of the loom is gonna run out of t-shirts

Dexx
i should say eminem has nothing but talent in his music category. The only accepted white rapper..and so on.
And i mostly can make the difference between not liking something and knowing it's not good. And by that scale, Britney spears is crap. Even if i wouldn't like eminem...i'd still consider him good.
Take Julio Iglesias. I def. don't like him...but i admit he's good. And there are many more...not only in music domains

BackFire349
all they can do is rhyme and complain.

Dexx
that is as not true as it can be..and ya know it.

BackFire349
for the most part it is true. of course their are exceptions.

Dexx
conclusion, well...i like his songs..and rap generally............course..there are exceptions

BackFire349
and i dont. anyways. his movies going to be the crossroads/glitter/ walk to remember for eminem fans.

finti
yeah both of them

BackFire349
both of what?

mah
from the screening in Toronto, apparently everyone loved it

BackFire349
canadians/eminem fans roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
Empire, Globe, Chicago Sun-Times, USA Today,

BackFire349
oh you meant critics, they're just as bad.

Sabrea
t-t-t-t-t-t-toronto????????? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hayden!!!!!!!!!!!

finti
screening in Toronto? guess they didnt know what it was all aboot there big grin

BackFire349
haha

Sabrea
i wanna go to tornoto

Sabrea
errr...the movie comes out 22 days after his b-day..and his b-day is on october 17th..so the movie comes out on..november 8th..i think..im pretty sure..im gonna go see it the day it comes out..has anyone else heard "lose yourself" yet???

BackFire349
no, and i dont care to.

finti
hope some guy wearing glasses kicks eminems ass

Corran
he used to get bullied all the time at school, he was knocked clean out for a few days one - so it doesn't sound too difficult.

BackFire349
yeah he looks like a puss

Sabrea
he also used to write on his walls..u should hear all the stuff he used to do..no wonder his mom didnt like him..

BackFire349
i dont like him either

Sabrea
but your not his mother..

BackFire349
thank god.

Sabrea
not funny..i sent somebody my pic. the other day and they told me i looked like i could be eminems daughter roll eyes (sarcastic) i look nothing like him..and dont judge him by his music..

Ushgarak
Ok, fair is fair, post your pic here and we'll judge.

Sabrea
not yet..im going to the fair tonight with my friends and we're bringing the camera..so im gonna post a newer pic...all my older ones are before i had my hair highlighted **shudders**

Ushgarak
Ooh, great! We shall officially expect a pic tomorrow!

Is it so horrible to have not highlighted hair?

Sabrea
no..its just..someone told me i looked like natalie after we saw the movie..and that was before i had my hair highlighted..so yea..if my hair isnt the same colour it changes everything..and i dont know when im gonna get the pics developed..and my moms bringing them so that may take a few days, or weeks, or months, or years..

mah
why is it bad to look like natalie??!

Ushgarak
Yeah, why???

I am afraid we will have to insist on interim photos in the meantime. Again, we shall judge...

Sabrea
you're gonna have to wait until tomorrow or monday..

Ushgarak
(Waits)

Is it tomorrow or Monday yet?

Sabrea
not yet..lol

Ushgarak
Ok... how about now?

UltimateSWFan
Wait about 24 hours before asking her again.

Ushgarak
Geez, that seems such a dull way to do it!

UltimateSWFan
Sarah? Pictures? Some people are waiting, of course I have no reason to comlpain, you do. Erin did a REALLY crappy job at taking them.

ParanoidAndroid
I agree. They need to stop making movies starring narcassistic (sp?) little fools like Eminem.

kychesu
wait, ahs that eminem movie come out yet, or when is it coming out? i'm not seeing it, but just curious

BackFire349
november something. everyone will like it except the people with brains.

kychesu
so u mean it'll be crapass rite? lol

BackFire349
it will be the rap fans crossroads.

finti
why is there so may threads for this bullshit movie

BackFire349
one for the movie, ones a contest, ones for the trailor.

finti
that is 4 too many

BackFire349
well im not a mod, tell raz.

Tex
Eminem is obsessed about public opninion of himself.
He actually has people report to him about what is being said about him.
Both good and bad.
Moby did an interview where he bashed Eminem, and E was not too happy about it.

BackFire349
eminem can dish it out but he cant take it. well he cant really dish it out to well.

Sabrea
i agree...apologizes to eminem for that comment, i still like his music though..

kychesu
what moby said about eminem was totally hilarious

BackFire349
what did he say?

LanceWindu
I want to know too.

Sabrea
i do too..

BackFire349
well it came out today. review are mixed. im not going to see it though, unless my friend can get me in for free. besides. ive already seen glitter

lvubun
You call 73 positive vs. 21 negative "mixed" http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/8Mile-1116055/

BackFire349
im talking about www.imdb.com and critics reviews

Sabrea
most everyone said it was great.. a lot of people even said it was good enough for oscar nominations, and yes, i got that comment off of TV..i really need to stop watching the TV guide channel when im bored..

BackFire349
from what ive heard half the critics really liked it and half didnt care much for it.

lvubun
Yea, i just read i pretty funny one from "Steve Rhodes" who said Brittany did a better job in Crossroads. On the other hand most of the big-time reviews gave it glowing reviews, Ebert gave it 3 stars, Detroit Free Press 3 and a half, Entertainment Weekly A-, also the LA Times, NY Times, Washington Post, Rolling Stone, Chicago Tribune, Variety, all gave it good reviews.

Ushgarak
Yes, I understand it has had a surprisingly good critical reaction. It IS directed by the guy who directed LA Confidential, after all. The LA Times said that this film should appeal to a far wider audience than the teens who buy Eminem's music.

Sabrea
EVERYONE is supposed to like Eminem AND the movie!!

drumsgirl13
damn straight they should.
do you guys have the DVD? cuz on the "Bonus" material, it shows the "Superman" video, and i heard it didn't come out to the public cuz it was so rated "R" i saw it and i almost died cuz he's so ****ing sexy in that video.

rabbit
i love the movie that is how i got my name eminem is rabbit i love him

diegocala
I did not like that movie too much, but probably because I am not a huge rap fan.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
im a rap fan but i dont like eminem

rabbit
well that is probley right

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Big L=best rapper smile

pablo007
I like both rap and Eminem but the movie sucked, it was boring.

rabbit
never heard of him

RedQueen
didnt mind the movie thought it was ok smile, isnt my favourite type of movie tho

rabbit
thats cool

LanceWindu
This needs to be moved to Movie Discussion.

Anyways...I liked 8-Mile, they had some ill rhymes.

BackFire349
i hate rap, but i thought the best parts of the movie were the rap battles. very interesting. the rest of the movie was mediocre at best.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
you never heard of him because he was an underground rapper.

Fire
I disliked it

diegocala
Was? or Is?

silver_tears
i dont like rap or eminem stick out tongue

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Big L died but he's still great rapper. Better than tupac in my opinion. He can freestyle 7:00 minutes straight without stopping. He can rhyme without stopping. AND you can actually understand what he's saying.

silver_tears
well no words rhyme with purple orange or silver so big grin

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol

BackFire349
that wouldnt stop rappers, they will just make up words and say its their "ghetto slang"

badkittykitty
hmm rabbit didnt you just tell me you hated eminem? do you know he's the same person?

ragesRemorse
it was directed nicley and delivered as an optimistic message out of a pestimistic way of life. which i liked alot

N.Tonks
I was watching 8 mile, but then my dad turned off the TV cause he thought they cussed too much...

LanceWindu
Well, it's because they did cuss a lot.

N.Tonks
yeah they did...the first sentence in the movie had the f word in it..

snlovergirl
ill just let my avatar speak for itselfsmile

LanceWindu
The sound track is off the hook as well.

rabbit
wow how did you get an avatar like that snlovergirl

o kiMMii o
not me

Kes
I thought it was ok. Specially the rap battles.

snlovergirl
i got it off of a website that i cant remember

Neo_Version 7
So I want ppl's opinionz on this movie. Anyone like it?!

diegocala
Crap

Kes
I thought it was ok. Liked the rap battles.

movie_freak
Didn't like, it's overated

RIO
reminded me of a modern purple rain.

the battles were good.

blakangel
I thought it was crap too...

some of my friends actually thought it was autobiograpical... laughing out loud

roberto
s'all right rap battles were really good but little else
what going on with brittany murphy?
carrers going down the pan

blakangel
Another thing I kind of disagree with, is the female counterpart, Brittney Murphy. I have been following her career since she played Daisy in "Girl, Interrupted", and she was a fantastic actress, then all of a sudden, she has this massive weight loss is "Driving in Cars with Boys" and then she looks cadaveric for "I'll never tell" with Michael Douglas..... I think the girl is anorexic big time. She was quite chunky as Daisy, and now she looks, even with makeup and great hair and clothes, she looks sullen, sunken eyesockets, dark circles around her eyes, and this is WITH the help of makeup.
I think she was totally wrong for the role, although she is a good actress, the energy that eminem projects, the anger, could have used a stronger counterpart.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>