Magneto VS Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrin radd

Maelstrom
I like Magneto but I think without 100 class physical strength your a dead man. Thor would wipe up magneto like opposing polls.

eleveninches
I like magneto a lot more, and if he was at the peak of his powers (or if he was on 'kick'), then he might stand a very good chance of beating thor.

SuperDarryl
Well after reviewing the profiles on both characters I think Magneto is a little tougher. Magneto seems to have more super-power steming from his magnetic mutant ability's. Thor is a a bad azz don't get me wrong, it would be a totally awesome looking fight. Thor would be summoning storms, tornado, and rain. Magneto would be flying around in the rain, and they would be striking each other with lightning bolts and beating each other sensless. Magneto is very powerful, I see Magneto doing something like picking a battleship out of the water and throwing it at Thor. And Thor smashing it with a super hammer swing. I dunno man, these guys are very powerful, they can both fly, it's a tough call. I actually say it ends in a draw.

Wynndar
yea it would be a tight battle...i think there was a thread about this not too long ago...some bio's actually show magneto as having class100 strength...however this is not consistent, and magneto doesnt have a lot of the abilities other people in this class have like superhuman endurance and durability...I honestly think its BS when they say he has class 00 strength...both magneto and Thor have displayed that they can harness the Earth electromagnetic field...I think the nature of magneto's powers would allow him to hang with thor a lot better than most other powerful mutants, because Thors weather attacks like lighting could be fought off by magneto's ability to neutralize electricity...recently in the ultimates, Magneto totally punked Thor and the rest of the avengers...however this whole ultimate universe is kinda getting out of hand, and all the heroes appear to be dramatically different from their classic counterparts...eventually i think Thor would win just because he may have more raw power, and magneto, even with class 100 strength, does not have the durability to survive a blow from Mjolnir.

norrin radd

SuperDarryl
Well it seems that we have a a battle between magic and science... cool:

norrin radd
yeah, something like that.

eleveninches
If thors hammer is made of metal, then he would not be wise to use it against magneto laughing out loud

Wynndar
it is mystical metal and not from this dimension....and magneto does not have control of all metal, just metal that is affected by magnetism

norrin radd

eleveninches
Im not sure about that last point you made. I've read all of the ultimate x-men graphic novels except for the one where they had the x-men fight the avengers.

Wynndar
yea he did, thats what i was talking about, how he punked Thor in the ultimates, but like i said the wrinting in the ultimate books is very inconsistent to the marvel universe...Magneto should be able to deflect Mjolnir, but i doubt he can ovveride the enchantments placed on it by Odin, and take control of it and use it against Thor...

norrin radd

eleveninches
Even if thor was not sure if magneto could control mjolnir, he would be too smart to take the risk.

norrin radd
even so, even with mjolnir, i think magneto has what it takes to beat the thunder god.

Never
Mjolnir can nullify anything Magneto could throw at him.

eleveninches
Not sure about that last bit. Have you ever read universe X? I know that it's not strictly the main marvel universe timeline, but it does give an interesting perspective on the divinity of the norse 'gods'.

FrothByte
thor would kick magneto's ass. he's too fast too strong and has too many abilities. it would be a good fight though. good thread by the way. i just think magic is stronger than magnetism. is this thor the thor that has the odin force? coz if it is, magneto is cooked.

the assassin
if you ask me, there is no question. thor could kick the old man's ass with ease! i don't see how anyone could think that magneto could stand a chance with the almighty god of thunder, thor. maybe if magneto used teh brotherhood of evil mutants to try to kill thor but that's just maybe. thor all the way.

SuperDarryl
Look you take Thors hammer away then it's not such a fair fight.

JuggernautFan
well rarely does thor fight without a hammer. also, as for magneto not having the durability (then creating a magnetic force field) that happened once. thor absorbed the field with his hammer then senselessly beat magneto. main stream marvel magneto say's he cares not for conflict with the thunder god. because he KNOWS he will get beat.

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
i'm talking about thor without the odin power. ultimates as in ultimate x-men? is that main stream marvel? in main stream marvel, i don't think magneto is a match for thor. it might be a good fight, for about 5 minutes. but after that it turns ugly.

norrin radd
ultimates, the avengers, like in ultimate x-men i guess.
It did happen magneto beat thor, things happen pretty fast.

Maelstrom
Odin should have put an ownership spell on Thor's hammer, so that Thor could make you hold his hammer and fall under his power. Nevetheless I thought Uru was some type of mystical stone mined by the Trolls. It looks like stone. It must be metal stone. The wood also comes form a special tree or what. Then Odin added his enchantments to it. Anyone know about the Hammer in detail.
Magneto's power should have less effect on people who can fly. In order to fly you must have a resistance to magnetic opposition. Magneto can not fly only hop. He is not above magnitisim and can be beaten by it's own laws. Thor's endless furry should be enough to batter a containment field, then he would have to get past an offensive assult. At his level he can withstand warps, as a matter of fact he is accustumed to warping with his hammer.
Thor could also use his hammer as a channel and/or intercept the assult.
As a channel he could draw on Maggies power. He could create his own opposing polls in a second assult using tornados to further pressurise Maggie.
When Eric switched to defensive assult using impediments to protect him and stop Thor, Thor could then go physcial and Total Eric by hand, smashing his body to the core of his magnetic field, causing Eric to reform in reverse polarity. Thor could then strike with lightning to fry the polls that exist against natures norm.

FrothByte
LOL!!!!! nice science mate.

Wynndar
some other characters with asgardian enchantements, like absorbing man and wrecker, can control people who take hold of their respective weapons

Maelstrom
The great thing about a physcial universe in science is that if something doesn't happen, to an object it happens outside the object. Now that's science.

muffin man
magneto because thors hammer is made of iron

Mainstream
Magneto would kick Thor royal a$$

K3VIL
Mainstream are you joking?You must be jocking.
Anyway, Thor has fought with Graviton, that his more powerful of Magneto, considering he can manipulate the entire surface of the Earth if he wants, so Magneto wouldn't be a great trouble.
Mjolnir can absorb any kind of energy, and Thor can use this energy to hit his enemy, also Thor has unbelievable resistance to heat, radiation, and other energy attacks, so Magneto's energy blast's wouldn't do much to him.Thor fought with The Presence, the russian supercriminal that is a living nuclear reactor, and defeat him without effort, also on that occasion Thor becomes very enrage cause Captain America, who's one of his best friends and valorous and onest warrior, was transform into a radioactive soldier by The Presence, and Thor near killed him absorbing almost all his nuclear energy into Mjolnir.Anyway Magneto with his Magnetic Class 100 strenght would be a good enemy for Thor but he will finally defeat him without too much effort.

EDIT: Ultimate Universe Thor is totally worst, in this thread we are talking about main Marvel Universe Thor before he get Odin's power, and main MU Mjolnir cannot be take away from Thor by magnetic force or other forces, probably only teleporting it like one of the Dark Gods did when Zarko send them attacking Thor, but Magneto cannot teleport objects so he cannot separate the strongest hammer of the universe from Thor ^^

norrin radd
graviton is not more powerful them magneto, at least it was never proven

K3VIL
Graviton during Thunderbolts issues try to make the surface of the earth identical to his face, but he was stopped by the T-Bolts, Magneto can manipulate the earth poles and invert them, but he cannot manipulate the ENTIRE earth surface, gravity is everywhere, Graviton can affect anything with his powers, and he can enhance the density of his body to grant himself unbelievable resistance to injuries, and even if he cannot manipulate the energies along the electromagnetic spectrum, he can create powerful force fields and force bolts that are over the level of that of Magneto, i mean, Graviton can produce sufficient force to hold down Thor, in his first encounter with the Avengers.
And from Marvel Directory some details about his powers:

He can also erect a gravitational force-field of similar proportions. (Graviton can perform as many as four separate tasks simultaneously. (He has not only lifted a 4 mile wide land mass as high as cloud level, but he has also surrounded himself with a force-field, gravitically held most of the Avengers against a slab of rock, and projected force-bolts at Thor all at the same time.) Graviton can use his power at maximum capacity for up to eight hours before mental fatigue significantly impairs his performance, and considerably longer (up to eighteen hours) if he conserves his energy during that time.

But this files are old compared to the feats of gravity control Graviton shows in his last battle with the T-Bolts.He was going to change the form of Earth continents, causing a worldwide proportion disaster, in the files from marvel directory we can check what he can do in his first days as a supercriminal.
Magneto magnetic powers grant himself to fly for examples, Graviton can decide if magneto can fly or not, and can put him down and then throw him a mountain.Graviton is more god-like of Magneto, but get defeated cause affected by his god complex he underrate his enemies and get outsmarted.If the writers make him as smart as Reed Richards he would own almost any hero.

Adam_PoE
Mjolnir grants Thor the ability to control air currents, precipitation, and natural electric discharges, all of which are subject to the forces of magnetism; Magneto wins.

K3VIL
The lightinings and thunder he emits from Mjolnir or summon with Mjolnir are magical, something that is not affect by Magneto's powers.Magneto cannot cause storms or control the weather like Thor or Storm, and also Thor doesn't need to use storms or weather to defeat him.A magic blast from mjolnir can pass through Magneto's force field and destroy him.

Adam_PoE
Mjolnir granst Thor the ability to summon air currents, precipitation, and natural electric discharges. Sorry, there is nothing "mystial" about wind, rain, and lightning. While magnetism cannot control these phenomena, it most certainly can disrupt them.

yugotank
Who can take a punch from the Hulk better?

Magneto or Thor?

Thor for the win!

Is that too simple?

Phenomenol
Thor has pwned Magneto before.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Phenomenol
Thor has pwned Magneto before.

laughing

I'm not even going to answer that . That was a much , much , much weaker version of Magneto , and he didn't get "pwned" .

This Magneto creates wormholes , blocks power etc .

A few facts :

1.Mjolnir is not immune to Magneto's powers , stated by Thor himself.
2.Mjolnir can't get pass Magneto's shield , stated and shown .

Magneto wins this written properly .

Hannibal-Lector
I dont think his magic can get through Mag's shields... His shields have been shown to block cosmic blasts from Phoenix and Galactus during Secret wars.... Is thor vulnerable to iron blood rip or forced aneurysms ?

Alfheim
Maybe current Thor is more powerful but mags shields have taken multiple shots from thor and she-hulk at the sametime. Hes made hrercules look like an idiot with other Avengers I dont see Thor winnning.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
I'm not even going to answer that . That was a much , much , much weaker version of Magneto

no expression

Damn muties.

Phenomenol
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
laughing

I'm not even going to answer that . That was a much , much , much weaker version of Magneto , and he didn't get "pwned" .

This Magneto creates wormholes , blocks power etc .

A few facts :

1.Mjolnir is not immune to Magneto's powers , stated by Thor himself.
2.Mjolnir can't get pass Magneto's shield , stated and shown .

Magneto wins this written properly .

True it was back in the 60's when Thor beat Magneto. Magneto is strong but It depends how much his Shileds can take. I know he could take nukes but any more?

spidey-dude
lol i cant believe magneto is beating thor in the votes

h1a8
I am not saying who would win here. But it is a fact that Magneto can control the hammer (for he has already).

tjcoady
Originally posted by h1a8
I am not saying who would win here. But it is a fact that Magneto can control the hammer (for he has already).

inconsistently. but the majority of showings has the hammer being able to be placed under Magneto's control.

2damnloud
What's to stop Thor from absorbing all of Magneto's shield?? He absorb a whole planet's Magnetic energy, didn't he?

Terryc250
Magneto's body doesn't have what it takes to stand up to thor, Thor's body is class 100, and can withstand just about anything, if thor manages to get passed magnetos forcefield, he'd ***** slap magneto and magneto would be KO'd

OnslaughtKILLS
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3455/onslaughthammerdw2.jpg

Discussion ended.

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS

Discussion ended.
Right, because on instance of PIS ends a debate. erm

Thor takes a healthy majority of Magneto.

Soljer

Discussion ended.

One could just as easily post the scan of Thor absorbing magnetic energy from Erik and say "Thread over."

Sandai Kitetsu
Magneto fanboyism is moving on up.

Evil_Ash

Originally posted by Evil_Ash

no expression

Damn muties.

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
I dont think his magic can get through Mag's shields... His shields have been shown to block cosmic blasts from Phoenix and Galactus during Secret wars.... Is thor vulnerable to iron blood rip or forced aneurysms ?

Galactus is a jobber and which Pheonix was this?

spidey-dude
I am not saying who would win here. But it is a fact that Magneto can control the hammer (for he has already). even if magneto can control his hammer thor is still class 100 without it.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by spidey-dude
even if magneto can control his hammer thor is still class 100 without it.

So is Apocalypse but you don't see him winning against Magneto. doped

Nike
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsMagneto1.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsMagneto2.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsMagneto3.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsMagneto4.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsMagneto5.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsMagneto6.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsMagneto7.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsMagneto8.jpg

So, yeah......

Priest
who's Soujaboy? 313

stick out tongue

Nike
Originally posted by Priest
who's Soujaboy? 313

stick out tongue

Never heard of him. whistle

Evil_Ash
who's Soujaboy? 313

stick out tongue

xomfg

Lord S
Thor pwn3d Mags in the 60's...Mag was shown to be at least on par with Thor in later years...but has never shown superiority.

Today it's a toss-up, but I still give Thor the edge. It'd be an interesting battle. Thor would need to hang on to the hammer...as I don't see Magneto being able to control Mjolnir while still in Thor's hands.

Soljer
who's Soujaboy? 313

stick out tongue

Supaman dat hoe!

masterbruce
Magneto is way too intelligent and powerful for Thor to handle.

Soljer
Originally posted by masterbruce

laughinglaughinglaughinglaughing

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
laughinglaughinglaughinglaughing

I'm not sure what you found funny...but apparently the majority of KMC agrees with me. no expression

Harry Fingerman
I'm not sure what you found funny...but apparently the majority of KMC agrees with me. no expression It's not quantity, it's quality that matters.

Harry Fingerman
My thoughts are displayed about this fight, here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=442554&pagenumber=7

Also, about Galactus, and Mags having cosmic shields...
Galactus basically reflected X's, and Mags powers, with a reflex. It's not exactly Galactus blasting them like everyone seems to thinks.

Also, Magneto takes away Thor's hammer.
What then? How does he win? Does he keep the hammer away from Thor?

I'm just curious to see how Mags wins here.
It seems Mags takes his hammer away for a second, and Thor loses.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
My thoughts are displayed about this fight, here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=442554&pagenumber=7

Also, about Galactus, and Mags having cosmic shields...
Galactus basically reflected X's, and Mags powers, with a reflex. It's not exactly Galactus blasting them like everyone seems to thinks.

Also, Magneto takes away Thor's hammer.
What then? How does he win? Does he keep the hammer away from Thor?

I'm just curious to see how Mags wins here.
It seems Mags takes his hammer away for a second, and Thor loses.

Magneto sends Mjolnir on a straight trip to the sun.

Then he unleashes a hailstorm of sharp metal shrapnel and pierce the Thunder God's body into a bloody ooze.

Harry Fingerman
Magneto sends Mjolnir on a straight trip to the sun.

Then he unleashes a hailstorm of sharp metal shrapnel and pierce the Thunder God's body into a bloody ooze. Oh, OK then.

It's a good thing Thor doesn't have the ability to recall his hammer at over lightspeed speeds, or anything (if Mags can even do that)...

Would these metal shrapnel objects be anything like bullets from a fighter jet?
Or, would they be better in your opinion?

Badabing
Oh, OK then.

It's a good thing Thor doesn't have the ability to recall his hammer at over lightspeed speeds, or anything (if Mags can even do that)...

Or, would they be better in your opinion? You're back! eek!

Validus
Good lord.

Rewmac
I don't think Mags won't be able to magnetise the Mjolnir. So well placed throw would do it or Thor could send lightning on him (what Mags gonna do with it?). Erik's reflexes are normal or below normal coz of his age and Thor is well trained battle expert. Magneto is out of league here.

Soljer
Originally posted by Rewmac
I don't think Mags won't be able to magnetise the Mjolnir. So well placed throw would do it or Thor could send lightning on him (what Mags gonna do with it?). Erik's reflexes are normal or below normal coz of his age and Thor is well trained battle expert. Magneto is out of league here.

Magneto actually processes sensory input at about fifteen times the speed of the normal human, regardless of his age.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Validus
Good lord.

maybe Mags isn't much more powerful than Thor, but he sure is a hell of lot more intelligent...that isn't debatable

Soljer
maybe Mags isn't much more powerful than Thor, but he sure is a hell of lot more intelligent...that isn't debatable

Magneto sure as hell isn't nearly as powerful as Thor.

masterbruce

thor's lightning would be a excellent to power up Magneto even more...brilliant!

masterbruce
Magneto sure as hell isn't nearly as powerful as Thor.

not in strength...but his range of abilities certainly evens the field, and imo surpasses what Thor is capable of

you do realize that with but a thought, Magneto could unleash every nuke, sentinel, AI controlled weapon and lock them onto Thor and send his Asgardian ass back to Ragnarok

Validus
maybe Mags isn't much more powerful than Thor
Good lord.

Soljer
not in strength...but his range of abilities certainly evens the field, and imo surpasses what Thor is capable of

you do realize that with but a thought, Magneto could unleash every nuke, sentinel, AI controlled weapon and lock them onto Thor and send his Asgardian ass back to Ragnarok

His range of abilities? Mjolnir is plot device incarnate. The friggin thing's like a lantern ring - don't compare the two's 'range of abilities.'

masterbruce
His range of abilities? Mjolnir is plot device incarnate. The friggin thing's like a lantern ring - don't compare the two's 'range of abilities.'

oh gimme a break...Mjolnir is a glorified nail hammer and Thor doesn't use it much more than an extension of his fists

perhaps if Thor uses Mjolnir to its full capabilities this might be a different outcome...but he doesn't.

Validus
How often does Magneto use his full range of abilities? You're basically arguing yourself in Magneto's body Vs Thor with PIS/CIS applied.

masterbruce
How often does Magneto use his full range of abilities? You're basically arguing yourself in Magneto's body Vs Thor with PIS/CIS applied.

Magneto is pretty almost always portrayed as VERY INTELLIGENT..and uses his powers in very creative ways (ie bloodrip, adamantium rip, tech control, forcefield, emp, on and on)

Thor is pretty almost always portrayed as a brutish meathead running into battle without a thought and swinging his 'mighty' mjolnir as if it were a cavemen's club.

Validus
Magneto is pretty almost always portrayed as VERY INTELLIGENT..and uses his powers in very creative ways (ie bloodrip, adamantium rip, tech control, forcefield, emp, on and on)

Thor is pretty almost always portrayed as a brutish meathead running into battle without a thought and swinging his 'mighty' mjolnir as if it were a cavemen's club.
How is that relevant when by forum rules both are fighting at their best (Flash speedblitz rule) and how does intelligence translate to Mags being more powerful than Thor?

Lord S
Good lord. +1

And it's refreshing to see that poll now reflects reality a little better...

Validus
Also, Thor has used Mjolnir in plenty of creative ways throughout his history. The reason he more often than not, goes to baseball bat route, is because it generally gets the job done. Either that or he's being dumbed down in Avengers books.

Harry Fingerman
Thor never runs into battle using his hammer as a simple mallet, unless he's fighting heroes, or when he's on the Avengers always holding back.

Go read a Thor comic, because Thor's feats range from stealing Loki's soul, to bending space and time to send Ymir, and Surtur away.
And, there is a hell of a lot more than that.

Hell, the time he fought Mags one-on-one, he knocked him down, and sucked away his force field, and Mags ran away like a girl.

h1a8
Oh, OK then.

Or, would they be better in your opinion?

Who cares how fast the hammer could fly to Thor.
It would take at least some moments for Thor to get his hammer back (for all comics show this and none show otherwise). Plus Thor has been cut and impaled by sharp weapons before. And magneto can impale him with metal that is sharper than any bullet and with more force than any bullet.

And if Thor survives long enough to get his hammer back, mags just gets rid of it again, or even have Thor beat himself to a bloody pulp with it. For in controlling metal, magneto's power is said to be limitless.

Soljer
It would take at least some moments for Thor to get his hammer back (for all comics show this and none show otherwise). Plus Thor has been cut and impaled by sharp weapons before. And magneto can impale him with metal that is sharper than any bullet and with more force than any bullet.

And if Thor survives long enough to get his hammer back, mags just gets rid of it again, or even have Thor beat himself to a bloody pulp with it. For in controlling metal, magneto's power is said to be limitless.

Except for when Thor drains Magneto's magnetism.

How, exactly, you drain magnetism is beyond me, but it's all good.

Rewmac
Magneto actually processes sensory input at about fifteen times the speed of the normal human, regardless of his age. Never seen him having reflexes and movement above human.

Soljer
Never seen him having reflexes and movement above human.

Respek thread. stick out tongue.

Harry Fingerman

And if Thor survives long enough to get his hammer back, mags just gets rid of it again, or even have Thor beat himself to a bloody pulp with it. For in controlling metal, magneto's power is said to be limitless. I'm saying, if Magneto can take Thor's hammer to the sun (what a baseless statement), that Thor can retrieve it quickly.
It also took about 60 seconds for Thor's hammer to go to the farthest reaches of the galaxy and back.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/IWhomTheGodsWouldDestroy-35.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/IWhomTheGodsWouldDestroy-36.jpg

But, he hasn't been cut by bullets (outside of pis Hudlin), which is what I was asking Bruce about.

Also, Thor has moved pretty fast before.
Here's Thor when he's actually pissed, and focused.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor_354-10.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor_354-11.jpg

Which, he can use to dodge, and attack.
And, before anyone says anything, the rules of the board, are that they are in bloodlust... so...

So, Magneto could lift a planet full of metal?

Also, I still fail to see Mags separating Thor of his hammer for any time, unless he throws it.
And even then, he certainly isn't getting it away too far, or even that far at all.

Rewmac
Respek thread. stick out tongue. So he would be able to dodge the Mjolnir thrown at full speed? He is freaking Spider-Man now?

Soljer
So he would be able to dodge the Mjolnir thrown at full speed? He is freaking Spider-Man now?

Have you seen me arguing for Magneto in this thread? Well, HELL NO!

Besides, fifteen times normal human reactions isn't even Spiderman level.

I was just correcting your mistake, friend.

Rewmac
Have you seen me arguing for Magneto in this thread? Well, HELL NO!

Besides, fifteen times normal human reactions isn't even Spiderman level.

I was just correcting your mistake, friend. That's exactly Spider-Man level. Classic Spidey at least. Hell no, he aight having that.

Soljer
That's exactly Spider-Man level. Classic Spidey at least. Hell no, he aight having that.

I thought he was forty times?

Regardless - 1450% is what the comics told us. So, no, I guess he isn't QUITE at fifteen times, but fourteen and a half is close enough, stick out tongue.

Rewmac
I thought he was forty times?

Regardless - 1450% is what the comics told us. So, no, I guess he isn't QUITE at fifteen times, but fourteen and a half is close enough, stick out tongue. How come he Cyclops is faster than him?

Soljer
How come he Cyclops is faster than him?

I'd have to know which instance(s) in particular you're talking about.

But, regardless, I'm talking about his REACTION speed. The speed with which he processes sensory input, and thinks of a response.

Not necessarily body speed. As far as how fast he can move his BODY - he's probably athlete at best. But, as far as how fast he perceives and thinks - he's fifteen times human.

Rewmac
I'd have to know which instance(s) in particular you're talking about.

But, regardless, I'm talking about his REACTION speed. The speed with which he processes sensory input, and thinks of a response.

Not necessarily body speed. As far as how fast he can move his BODY - he's probably athlete at best. But, as far as how fast he perceives and thinks - he's fifteen times human. I get that. But you said that to his reflexes. I hope you know what a reflex is.

Soljer
I get that. But you said that to his reflexes. I hope you know what a reflex is.

Im aware of what I said, thanks. Some people believe it has to do with the processing and reflexive reaction, others don't.

I, personally, believe that 1450% only applies to his cognition. Others may not agree, and they have reason not to.

Regardless of which you believe, the comics definitely support their view a lot more than yours...

Sandai Kitetsu
oh gimme a break...Mjolnir is a glorified nail hammer and Thor doesn't use it much more than an extension of his fists

perhaps if Thor uses Mjolnir to its full capabilities this might be a different outcome...but he doesn't.

You must be talking about another Thor.

Airwalker

Agreed. Thor is dumb as hell and Mjolnir is little more than a nail hammer.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsHyde1.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsHyde2.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsHyde3.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ThorvsHyde4.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=Thor387-20.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=Thor387-21.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=paralyzing0012bb.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=paralyzing0020nh.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=epicfeat0018yi.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=epicfeat0021ky.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=antimatter0011vl.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=antimatter0021db.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=Transmutation1.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=Transmutation2.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=thehammerspeed0029uc.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ZThor.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ZThor1.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ZThor2.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ZThor3.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ZThor4.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=antigravityblast1.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=antigravityblast2.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=forcefield0010tj.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=forcefield0021vh.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=forcefield0032tc.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=forcefield0048ii.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=forcefield0057dk.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=acceleratedhealing0010pa.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=acceleratedhealing0027no.jpg

h1a8
Is Thor strong enough to resist being hit in the head with his own hammer? When it comes to controlling metal, Magneto's power is said to be limitless.

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hmmmm... No he can't... And even if he could (which he can't) do you realize that with a couple flicks of THOR's wrist he could open up a portal and send them all right up Magneto's ass. Although I think Mags might enjoy that, he also may be in trouble after that.

Magneto is not even close to being in THOR's class.

PERIOD

big grin

h1a8
Originally posted by Tony Stark

Magneto is not even close to being in THOR's class.

PERIOD

big grin

Whether if Thor is in a higher class than mags is not what determines who will win. But your statement of mags not even being close to it is riduculous.

But please shed light on this strategy by Mags:

Is Thor strong enough to resist being hit in the head with his own hammer? When it comes to controlling metal, Magneto's power is said to be limitless.

Soljer
Whether if Thor is in a higher class than mags is not what determines who will win. But your statement of mags not even being close to it is riduculous.

But please shed light on this strategy by Mags:

Do you honestly believe that Magneto will make Thor hit himself in the head with his own hammer? You believe him capable?

By replying with "His power is limitless with metal!" you realize you are supposing that he'd ALSO be able to pull any and all ferromagnetic material in the entire UNIVERSE, and combine it all into a gargantuan artificial planetoid, keep it from collapsing upon it self, and bash Thor with it?

Instantaneously, of course, limitless power would surely be able to make him able to move this metal from all over the universe at speeds that so greatly exceed C, that by the time he willed it to happen, it would have already. no expression.

Please, don't use the word limitless, unless you MEAN limitless.

TricksterPriest
Regarding Magneto's reaction speeds: He's coldcocked Quicksilver and classic Northstar when they tried to blitz him. So he's no slouch. But I don't see him dodging the hammer if Thor throws it at him.

Really, this is Thor's fight to lose. And the debate over how to get the stupid hammer away from him is a long and tired one. Quasar did it, but Thor broke the bubble. Magneto did it twice as I recall, but that may be PIS. Graviton did it, but he's stupidly uber.

Has Magneto ever tried taking the hammer from Thor and using a forcefield to keep it from Thor? Or creating a magnetic field around it to keep it from coming back to earth?

Magneto has options, but unless someone can show me that he can take the hammer away and keep Thor from getting it period, he's probably gonna smashed. whistle

Airwalker
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Regarding Magneto's reaction speeds: He's coldcocked Quicksilver and classic Northstar when they tried to blitz him. So he's no slouch. But I don't see him dodging the hammer if Thor throws it at him.

Really, this is Thor's fight to lose. And the debate over how to get the stupid hammer away from him is a long and tired one. Quasar did it, but Thor broke the bubble. Magneto did it twice as I recall, but that may be PIS. Graviton did it, but he's stupidly uber.

Has Magneto ever tried taking the hammer from Thor and using a forcefield to keep it from Thor? Or creating a magnetic field around it to keep it from coming back to earth?

Magneto has options, but unless someone can show me that he can take the hammer away and keep Thor from getting it period, he's probably gonna smashed. whistle

How about Mjolnir can go through fields and barriers. ermm

h1a8
Do you honestly believe that Magneto will make Thor hit himself in the head with his own hammer? You believe him capable?

By replying with "His power is limitless with metal!" you realize you are supposing that he'd ALSO be able to pull any and all ferromagnetic material in the entire UNIVERSE, and combine it all into a gargantuan artificial planetoid, keep it from collapsing upon it self, and bash Thor with it?

Instantaneously, of course, limitless power would surely be able to make him able to move this metal from all over the universe at speeds that so greatly exceed C, that by the time he willed it to happen, it would have already. no expression.

Please, don't use the word limitless, unless you MEAN limitless.

I wasn't implying anything but just asking questions.
It could have been hyperbole though. Just like when it was said that Silver Surver has unlimited power. Anyway, you got to admit that Mags has awesome speed, power, and strength over controlling metal. It is debatable whether he can force Thor to hit himself with the hammer. For Thor must be stronger than the force Mags can exert on the hammer. And if he is then at least it would be a struggle though.

So If I were mags, my strategy would be to try to control the hammer while sending lots of super sharp metal at tremendous speeds from all angles to Thor. If that fails then I'm lost.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

The Northstar feat is dumb, as he literally grabbed him implying his reflexes are faster...when their not and he even said Quicksilver was faster then Northstar...which he isn't. Wait for it, here it comes...oh oh oh oh oh...it's P.I.S

Soljer
I wasn't implying anything but just asking questions.
It could have been hyperbole though. Just like when it was said that Silver Surver has unlimited power. Anyway, you got to admit that Mags has awesome speed, power, and strength over controlling metal. It is debatable whether he can force Thor to hit himself with the hammer. For Thor must be stronger than the force Mags can exert on the hammer. And if he is then at least it would be a struggle though.

So If I were mags, my strategy would be to try to control the hammer while sending lots of super sharp metal at tremendous speeds from all angles to Thor. If that fails then I'm lost.

Thor can move a planet. I've never seen Magneto move a planet. There might be a slight struggle, but Thor can still activate any of his plethora of powers to best Magneto - including simply absorbing the friggin magnetic field that would be affecting Mjolnir, or sending Magneto to Asgardian Hell....

h1a8
Thor can move a planet. I've never seen Magneto move a planet. There might be a slight struggle, but Thor can still activate any of his plethora of powers to best Magneto - including simply absorbing the friggin magnetic field that would be affecting Mjolnir, or sending Magneto to Asgardian Hell....

A human can move a planet too. Just jump up and land. Congratulations, you just moved Earth the size of a proton.
Plus Earthquakes of any size will move a planet too. So Hulk, Thing, or anyone will super strength can create an Earthquake (no matter how small) and move a planet too. Now Thor can't push a planet with his own strength, so him moving a planet is irrelevant to the defense of him winning the fight for control of his hammer.

Second, when has Thor absorbed an magnetic field? You know these are not energy. They are simply solenoidal vector fields in space. Meaning they are areas of space where the divergence is zero (or net flow of the surrounding vector field is 0). So it is even more nonsense to absorb a magnetic field than it is to multiply a times sign with 4. And if a magnetic field is none existant in a particular area, then as long as there is space, Mags can always make the divergence of it zero and thus create magnetic fields anytime he wants. And this is what mags actually do when he uses his powers. Remember it is in his bios that he can not only manipulate existing magnetic and electric fields, he can create them too. Also it is not known whether the power comes from inside him or from another source. So draining him of energy implies that the energy originates from inside of him (which isn't known).

Third, I fail to see how Thor can do anything in the first instant as he would be struggling trying not to let the hammer hit his face while bountiful amounts of sharp metal is headed his way from all directions. Yikes!

Soljer
1. Thor can move a planet. He's lifted the world engine and has lifted the Midgard Serpent on at least two occasions.

2. Check the respect thread, Im not gonna fish for it, but Thor absorbed Magneto's magnetic field. I'm aware that they aren't energy, but that hardly matters. Mjolnir is magic, and comics don't care about science.

3. Because, Thor would merely have to THINK "Go to hell" and Mjolnir would send magneto there.

and he'd hardly need to struggle with Mjolnir, considering his planet-moving strength.

And he'd hardly have to fear a few pieces of metal, as he's taken armor piercing bullets to the face unaffected.

Citizen V
Thor.

When it comes to fighting brutes, Thor fights like an idiot and barely even uses Mjolnir, against a foe like Magneto I can't see how he wouldn't know he'd have to use Mjolnir to it's full potential.

And don't get me wrong, Magneto's very powerful and versatile, but when Thor uses that hammer properly, he's a slouch in comparison.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Citizen V

Magneto's very powerful and versatile, but when Thor uses that hammer properly, he's a slouch in comparison.

agreed

h1a8
1. Thor can move a planet. He's lifted the world engine and has lifted the Midgard Serpent on at least two occasions.

2. Check the respect thread, Im not gonna fish for it, but Thor absorbed Magneto's magnetic field. I'm aware that they aren't energy, but that hardly matters. Mjolnir is magic, and comics don't care about science.

3. Because, Thor would merely have to THINK "Go to hell" and Mjolnir would send magneto there.

and he'd hardly need to struggle with Mjolnir, considering his planet-moving strength.

And he'd hardly have to fear a few pieces of metal, as he's taken armor piercing bullets to the face unaffected.

What is a world engine and what does that have to do with moving a planet?

And he only lifted the A section of the serpent with help from a pulling away flying magic boat (he didn't use only his strength but the boat's power too). The rest of the serpent's body was in ethereal form (as stated on panel). Plus the Earth didn't move out of orbit either so no planet moving was there. Trust me, Thor isn't as strong as you think he is. And everyone here who seen both a lot of Mags and Thor cannot reasonably think that it won't be at least be a struggle for Thor to control his hammer.

And Thor has to spin his hammer in a circle to open a dimensional portal and then physically force one through it. Something he won't be doing since he can't control his hammer properly. He has thrown the hammer around someone before to BFR them but this is both extremely rare and old and as Mags would easily control the hammer once it leaves Thor's hand. I don't buy that "he only needs to think" crap. And I know what your talking about. But that is considered PIS by definition since consistent Thor history is to spin hammer in circle (as listed in official bios as well) to open a portal. So your argument violates the "Sufficiency Principle".

When has Thor taken armor piercing bullets to the face?
Yes jet bullets are somewhat armor piercing but they are much lighter, less sharper, and have less speed than the metal Mags can send at Thor.
If jet bullets can put welts on Thor and swords (which are sharper than bullets) can cut Thor then what do you think Mags can do. You must know that Thor's physical durability exponentially decreases the sharper the object is. Hulk and others have armor piercing punches yet Thor has taken blows from them. But bullets which have less force (but sharper) put welts on him. And swords (which are even sharper) with even less force easily cut him.

Lastly, it is logically (not scientifically) impossible to absorb a magnetic field. Its just space. There's nothing to absorb. Nothing logically impossible, even if it is on panel, is acceptible for it violates the "Acceptibility Principle". There is a big difference between scientifically impossible and logically impossible. For example, One lifting a mass that will crumble under its own weight with just pure strength only is scientifically impossible and not logically impossible.

I believe you are trying to reach now.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thor still wins.

Larceny
Yep, Thor in a stomp.

Erik-Lensherr
Magneto

lft4ded
Lastly, it is logically (not scientifically) impossible to absorb a magnetic field. Its just space. There's nothing to absorb. Nothing logically impossible, even if it is on panel, is acceptible for it violates the "Acceptibility Principle". There is a big difference between scientifically impossible and logically impossible. For example, One lifting a mass that will crumble under its own weight with just pure strength only is scientifically impossible and not logically impossible.

I believe you are trying to reach now.

Fortunately for Thor, his hammer is magical. Maybe Thor actually creates a stronger magnetic field which overrides the weaker one.

This is Thor's fight to lose if he chooses.

Old-Wizard.com
Thor is way too powerful for Magneto.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.