The Meaning of Life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eezy45
Hello people!

I want to ask your opinion to the meaning of life!

Is life just there to live it?
Is it only to reproduce?
Is it to go to church, pray and be devotional?

Whats your opinion?

Mine: well i am christian...
and think that this question is something god has to think of,
not man! stick out tongue

§pearhead
The meaning of life is to a) give more life and b) find purpose in life.

eezy45
great formula but is it really as easy? smile

§pearhead
Nope sad I'm still searching for purpose.

eezy45
Everyone is big grin
thats the gloriousness of life

eleveninches
Ha.
The meaning of Life is :
laughing out loud42laughing out loud

Darth Revan
The purpose of life is to reproduce and ensure the survival of the species... Why that's so damn important I'm not sure big grin

eezy45
the best purpose is a woman (respectively to women: a man) you love and share your life with i think
well for me its still a girl lol

§pearhead
To spread the pointlessness stick out tongue

eezy45
i noticed the older i get the more it seemed pointless to me stick out tongue

Syren
The meaning of life is to live it.

People spend so much time searching for the answer to that question, they miss the best bit, the living. They constantly question "why are we here?" and "what is at the end of it?" whilst totally ignoring what's going on around them. Life, everywhere. It's supposed to be a gift, yet we all (well, most of us) go around acting like it's some huge problem, "it's so hard", "life sucks"......

What did we actually do to deserve what we have? I for one don't remember doing much before I was born, I kinda just appeared laughing out loud And I never worry about what's going to happen when my life ends, I really don't want it to come that quickly, so I don't waste the time I have shitting myself about it. It'll be here quick enough.

That particular question, "What is the meaning of life?" brings up so many responses, but I don't think anyone has been satisfied with an answer yet. I haven't. But I don't spend every day fretting about the point of my existence, or what's going to happen when I die. What a waste.

Is it really so hard for humans to believe that there is no real reason for our existence other than to carry on production? It seems to me that we have been given this gift of life, so people assume it must be for some amazing reason. Is it so difficult to think that maybe we don't have to give anything back? That maybe we are just here. Period.

The one "job" we've been given is to reproduce and continue the human race. I really don't think that's a huge responsibility. There doesn't have to be a reason for it.

Life is here to be lived, and that's exactly what I plan to do.

Also, Life contains the word "if", think about it big grin

btw, maybe this should have been opened in the GDF, it's a brilliant topic to discuss, and I don't see it getting past three pages without going Off Topic. That's kind of unfortunate sad

*Georgina_A*
^^ Same sad...

Raz Jr
here's your average OTF response:

SEX! eek!

eezy45
something made me think this just HAD TO be called... stick out tongue

Syren
Spence mad

If you haven't noticed, I really tried to be serious in my last post!!

cry

No-one takes me seriously.........

Raz Jr
I said the average yes some members lower our reputation sad

eezy45
i just noticed it, Syren, it's brilliant!

Syren
thumb up

It's unfortunate, but meh, what can you do??

Hopefully it'll be moved and we can get all serious with one another RJr whistle

BakaXero
you are born to die
you know it makes sense

Syren
embarrasment

When I rant, I really rant big grin

Nienna
Nice thread, eezy. wink

Life...err...I have no clue why I'm here. Someone tell me. Oh well, I guess I'll just have live life to its fullest! big grin

Syren
*takes huge toke on reefer*

Duuuuude, that's, like.... you know, deeeeep......

Nienna
I live to die...blink Ok then...

BakaXero
wow!!! people noticed that

tazman
this is an interesting question, cause it's going to be different from everyone elses.....

Sy, did u get my PM from the "What's Perfect" thread? that should clue u in as to what i think the purpose of life is. if ya didn't get it, let me know. wink

Ushgarak
42 is not the meaning of life, it is simply the answer to the Ultimate Question.

eleveninches
But what is the ultimate question?

Fëanor
you just asked it.... stick out tongue

Ushgarak
That is somewhat the point...

Fëanor
^^agrees

eezy45
whoa... were getting to philosophy arent we

eleveninches
Well, didn't the thread start with philosophy??

eleveninches
If the ultimate question is 'why?'
then the ultimate answer is 'why not'
or alternatively, the ultimate answer is 'because'

Syren
crazy

You guys think too much about questions that have no satisfactory answer.

I still think life is for living.

Gravity Kills
life is good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.