Friday the 13th DVD News/Next Installment News...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darkesthorror

Cinemaddiction
This is probably going to get merged into the pre-existing Friday thread.

The "Friday the 13th" boxed set is supposed to be released later this year in a 5 disc set. It's slated to include unrated versions of 1-8, with some commentaries, and a disc of extras. There are also some commentaries on various movies, and that's really it. Not that great a set if you ask me. Especially given that there are only 2 or 3 movies worth buying.

darkesthorror
I was pissed as well to hear that there were going to be Four Flipper DVD's plus bonus disc making it a 5 disc set as opposed to the original stated 9 disc set(giving each movie enough respect to have it's own disc). Your right, from the beginning Paramount has been ashamed of the Friday franchise and were only milking it; that being said is the only reason they've finally come around to the special edition box set, they see the money value in it. There is small hope though; Toolbox, the ones who are created the box set as I write this are trying to make it as good as they can with the material and recourses they have, but Paramount is holding them back. That's why I have such respect for New Line(the house that Freddy built) Because they acknowledge that and gave their box set great treatment. On the other hand Paramount(the house that Jason built) are ashamed of it and only are interested in great marketing investments. Also your right, you usually are; about this thread, I might as well shut it down myself...

dannyh321
I'll buy the box set no matter what. I though paramount only did 1-7?

Freddy_vs_Jason
I already own 7 and 8 so it would be a waste for me to buy the boxed set, also even if I did I know I would never ever watch them.

darkesthorror
Paramount Studios brought Friday the 13th part 1-8 to us. Freddy_Vs_Jason; you never know, they might be available separately on special edition as well. Also, and if not for the other films, you would buy the box set for the special features and bonus disc would'nt you? Although I actually like every film in the franchise, my personal favorites are part 4,6,7,and 8. Like a giddy little girl with butterflies in my stomach I will have pre-ordered it and receive it approximately on the street release date...No matter even if it starts out at $200.

Zilverz
HAving the 1-8 set, on tap, is a great resource. Sometimes Im in the mood for a horror movie and dont really want to watch any of the 15 I own at the moment. With F13th on tap, you can reach in ... pull any disc out and gaurantee to have some enjoyable gore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.