Olympic Countdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
100 days until the Olympics

What events are you most looking forward to?

Do you think they will even finish the stadiums in time?

I heard today that there has been a bomb explosion in athens. confused sad

ElectricBugaloo
the swimming pool won't have a roof.

as for the explosions:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/05/05/greece.blasts/index.html

no one was killed

Evy_O
We will finish stadiums in time, though we are very late... in one way or another, mysteriously, we always make it the last moment roll eyes (sarcastic)

yeah there was an explosion but they made a fuss about it just because it's 100 days till Olympics messed NOBODY was hurt, they even warned people to leave, it really wasn't all that important to be known worldwide blink

yerssot
dont worry, we just love to jump on the fact that the stadiums are not finished

Evy_O
yeah, we too, we blame the ones responsible all the time stick out tongue

yerssot
we just blame greece stick out tongue

eleveninches
When do they start to carry the Olympic torch?

Evy_O
we'll show you schmoll

stick out tongue

yerssot
hope you show us IN time stick out tongue

Evy_O
you bet we will cool

what do you mean, they already have confused

eleveninches
Have they. Okay, sorry, I didn't realise.

Evy_O
yeap yeap, if I find pics I'll post them big grin

eleveninches
I think they have spare torches lit from the same flame incase the main one goes out.

eleveninches
99 days to go

eleveninches
98 days....

BarmyBrummie
Greece: The home of the olymics and they can't even build a place to do the olympics in smile The athletes can't even start their training over there yet erm

RoguePw25
oh my gosh I can not wait until the Olympics!! I can't wait for Gymnastics cuz I just love it!
I was in Atlanta for the 1996 Olympics when Shannon Miller and Dominique Dawes lead the gymnastics team a gold medal.
It was sooo awesome!!

BarmyBrummie
Britain are crap at the olympics anyway..... nothing special really about the olympics IMO

supertruper
What a clown show. Have you seen footage of Athens trying to get ready for the Olympics? They have not updated their infrastructure in decades, and the Olympic mascots are these amorphus cartoon things wearing sweaters...I guess they are supposed to represent Greek gods...
I have just heard a lot about Greece being behind the ball on this...
Anyone looking forward to Curling events?

Evy_O
Well... to clear out some things big grin

-The progress of the projects has speeded up increasingly and everything suggests that they will be ready in time.

-Actually athletes do NOT train here... before that, they train in their own countries, which is what they are doing/should be doing now yes

-There is a continuous effort by media worldwide to 'sabotage' Greece, for example, with that bombing. It wasn't nothing REALLY, but they made a fuss about it in order to suggest that we are somehow incapable of providing the needed security measurements. It's also nothing compared to what has happened (terrorist attacks) to other countries when they were preparing for the Olympics.

-No-one is ever taking into consideration Greece's range; we are a small country, yes roll eyes (sarcastic) Yet some quite big projects have been fulfilled, despide us being small, such as the... well I dunno how I can say it in English embarrasment

-Lastly, yes the Olympics' origin was and is Greece, and again with regard to our size, we have a big amount of Greek Athletes to take part... so yeah... give us at least some credit and stop being so negative all the time cry

Of course I solely blame the media for every roumor that has been spread and is not true smile
PS- No, I'm not a patriotistic person, really messed I just felt we were treated unfair ninja

ElectricBugaloo
Greece's infrastucture will not be up to par with any of the Olympics of the past 20 years.

As for security...Greece has been notorious for lax security and is a known entry point for terrorists into Western Europe.

I'm really not looking forward to the fiasco that will be the '04 olympics

Ushgarak
Hmmm

Hey Evy, do you want to criticise my country? It might make you feel better...

Evy_O
no, thanks stick out tongue I don't like critisizing no

oh well I'll just remain silent on this comment roll eyes (sarcastic)

shutup

BarmyBrummie
well, i heard that the athletes have to traain both at home obviously and in Greece so they can adjust to the climate and the country blink But they can't train in greece cus there is nowhere to train in.....

eleveninches
97 days left yes

yerssot
lets just see how it goes before criticising a country

yerssot
yeah, with more than 90 days to go, the athletes just HAVE to start training now blink

dude, they train in their own country till they have a week or two to go or something

Evy_O
Yeah and not only that, some projects are ready... (ok few of them, but still... stick out tongue )

I second that statement big grin Everyone is too eager to judge messed

yerssot
I'm gonna wear my shirt from '92 where it said "Athens: Olympics in '96!' (which I wore IN Athens I might add)

ok... come to think of it ... I'll just wrap it around my shoulders, I gained a little wink

Evy_O
laughing out loud laughing out loud That's great, you should give the good example for everyone big grin
now not any more bad roumors about greece nono

yerssot
perhaps my dad has a bigger one eek!

I'll cheer for greece, but if they dare to play their FULL anthem, I'm leaving stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
Why? Is it long or just anoying?

yerssot
it's the longest in the world

Evy_O
It's long and no, we're not gonna play all of it stick out tongue
Just 10 verses or so I think erm

yerssot
of the 550? than they can better host it in spain laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.