Deleting Posts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
Hope this isn't a duplicate thread...i searched and found no results.

So why can't users use the delete button? I'm sure there's been more than one occasion for each "normal" member where they'd posted something that they wish they could just get rid of.

I figure one of you mods would have a legitament reason? So why can't average Joe's like myself delete anything that I've posted?

Tex
I dunno, mods aren't supposed to "delete" stuff either, we just move stuff to a recycle bin and then Raz deletes it.

shifty

yerssot
cause ie, link, I can just make a huge post of nothing but insults aimed at you and just delete it after I made myself sure you've read it.

Raz
It's basically for continuity reasons, and the fact that it can be abused (and it has).

Editing to remove the post seems like the better option.

Dexx
however..why is it there for non-mods in the first place?

yerssot
cause it's too much of a hazzle to fix it no expression

Raz
Because the designers of the boards were lazy sleep

Ushgarak
Yes, it most certainly was once abused...

Raz Jr
you too, you worthless piece of

Linkalicious
awww come on....you Mods know you love the abuse. :shift:

Well....thank you all for the answers gentlemen...and Tex too! stick out tongue

I hope all of you have a good evening and/or afternoon...and Happy Cinco de Mayo. zorro

Syren
((Sorry Yers & BF, I know I'm supposed to leave Yers alone, but I need to quote this particular post))

You can make a whole post of insults to a particular member and just edit it once it's been seen, so that can't be the only reason for us not being able to use the delete function, right?

yerssot
you still know it's edited, look at TH's Pad, that one thing he posted, than edited later on, you can still take a guess at what it is

Syren
I suppose, if you follow the context of the conversation. Yeah, I guess. Thanks thumb up

§pearhead
Actually Sy, from what I heard, the mods can see what's been edited (correct me if I'm wrong) so if someone was going to be booted for bashing, say, then they could at least see what the original posts would be.

Deleted posts would be gone completely.

Raz
Nope, we can't see the original post once it's been edited. We see what you see.

StinkFist462
what ever happened to bigger avvys ... we need those long before deleting posts

yerssot
that's the wrong thread I say stick out tongue

§pearhead
my sources are wrong miffed

I can't remember who told me that though laughing out loud

yerssot
considering you were wrong... tex?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.