What will girls do next?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mumygrl
Well, if botox wasn't enough, now women are injecting this gel into themselves. Has anyone ever had that kind of cosmetic enhancement?

http://www.local6.com/health/3273213/detail.html

§pearhead
eek! surgically implant a tail on themselves! yes

Sexay1
Ew! Too gross for words!

§pearhead
just joshing stick out tongue

Ninjamaster
make me a reaaaaal man!

WindDancer
Good Lord! That's nasty!

greyboy
i didnt think that was any grosser than botox....same thing....actually sounds a bit better.....am i missing something?

Storm
Indeed. According to the article, it's an improvement compared to botox.

LanİeWindu
Fake things injected into your body to make you look better makes me sick.

Natural women are much hotter in my opinion, if I wanted a plastic Barbie Doll I could go to the store.

silver_tears
Blow up Suzy works wonders laughing out loud

LanİeWindu
Nah, Inflatable Sally works even better...I mean, NO I WOULD NEVER HAV?E ONE OF THOSE.

silver_tears
who would, the outrageous audacity no expression

LanİeWindu
I dunno, except for Bud Bundy on Married With Children.

The Omega

Gullom
wHAT THA?

kimahri03
wonder waht girls are gonna do in future

pipschick
I would never put myself through anything like that..or any surgery for that matter, god made me the way i am..and if people don't like me for me,then it's their problem, i'm happy the way i look, so i would never spend money on something that could make me look worse, or kill me even..No thanks..i'll stay natural.

yerssot
nope, not vanity I'm afraid

but from my experience (over here that is), no one cares about the beauty-magazines and act and look how they want and not how others say they should

than on the other hand... lots of people here are little sheep and just follow what others do

this all didn't made much sense huh?

Line
Sure it did.

It IS quite scary what people, women in particular, feel they need to do to themselves in order to be forever young and beautifull. There's currently a program showing where the first prize is a cosmetic surgery. The attitude towards this kind of surgery seems to have changed from being something rather dangerous and taboo to a first prize in a tv-show. It seems to become more commonly accepted.

yerssot
hmm, comes from the show Extreme Make-over, and we have a version of it as well

LanİeWindu
Why do women always think that the world is trying to presure them into looking young and forever beautiful??? The only real people out to corrupt the minds of women young and old into buying these products/injections/implants are the cosmetics people. They are just looking for a uick buck so they try to get women to believe they are ugly, even when they are not.

If you ask most guys what their opinion of what a real woman is, they will tell you more around an average looking woman, no one actually wants that anorexic swimsuit model. At least that's what I think.

The models are always butt ugly in my opinion, I would much rather have a woman with some meat on her bones, rather than a woman who eats nothing but leafs and then throws it up anyways. Also the idea of bigger breasts as being better is completely wrong in my opinion. The better ones are more of an average sized, and REAL!

Then the women with botox injecions in their lips look like they just got socked in the mouth with a fist and it's puffed up, not something that is attractive.

The more real a person is, the better they are in my eyes.

mikeysgothicgur
Sick sh!t. I'm a girl myself but, ever since I was little and was old enough to choose my own clothes to wear and dress myself I was never a girlie girl. Almost all my life I've shopped in the guy section, don't play around with my hair for hours on end and never wore makeup but mascera and black eyeliner. I think there's no point for caring as much about your hair as many girls do and I think make-up hides your real buety that is on the outside and makes you look fake. I've always wondered why do so many girls try to look TOO good on the outside? Yes, outside beauty is important to many people but what matters most is the beauty within you. So why all the products and crap to try and make yourself look better when you have your own uniqe beauty inside and out without the powdered mask and other things?

Line
Lance: You say that the only people who put a pressure on women to look young and gourgeous are the ones from the cosmetic industry. Well, those guys ARE pretty powerfull! They have comecials every where, posters every where, etc. etc. Where ever you go, there'll be a model staring sulkily at you, skinny as hell, perfect to the smallest detail.
Then there's the media, films, commercials; normal sized women, women with unclean skin, oversized women, women with big noses and long breasts, they just don't exist on screen! They don't exist in commercials. They don't exist on TV. So yes, if women feel there's a pressure on them to forever look their best, it's not all in their minds. I'm happy to hear your oppinion on looks. I've heard several men say the same, and that's brilliant. But these industries just yell a bit louder than you guys.
Of course that doesn't mean we should just lie down and whimper.

Yerssot: same program. Only here, they didn't bother making a Danish version, they simply just use the American one. ( naive as I am, it makes me hope that it's because the Tv-station might have a tiny bit of moral left and that no one would participate - probably has more to do with money, though ...)

yerssot
isn't it that they get the treatment for free?

Line
I actually don't know ... Don't think the tv-company pays? Good point though.

yerssot
well, someone has to pay the docs messed
I've never really watched it

Line
Me neither. Looks too painful ...

yerssot
yeah, that's what they said in a promo once "I don't know if the pain is worth the result"
(my thoughts were: than you shouldn't have done it)

Line
Exactly ... they look like live mumies, beaten to half past death blink
Seriously scary. Should be rated.

yerssot
I think it is overhere messed

if you got something cause of lets say burnwounds, sure, go ahead, but to make a tvshow about people who only want better looks... no thanks

Line
Had the same thought. Some of these people are perfectly normal looking, actually I dare say some of them are rather charming. When they come out, they look like everyone else. If only they actually helped someone who were so badly misshapen, burned, etc. that they had troubles leading a normal life, that would be perfectly understandable. In stead they pick people, who don't need surgery but some therapy against low self esteem.

yerssot
it's all to get ratings, I'm afraid

seriously, we have a center here that treats fire-victims, but the doctors are on strike cause of the director, if that show could just show a bit of heart and got the doctors they use on the show to help out the victims there, to start giving them a new live, I would respect that show ... a little bit

Tired Hiker
Wow, I just realized something. I haven't watched TV for a month. smile

yerssot
"you've taken a first step into a bigger world"

Line
Doubt that kind of people'll ever get a heart. Besides, they'll probably never choose someone they can't turn into a beauty. I think I heard them say so, actually, that they only pick those who'll turn out best. Bastards.

yerssot
I doubt it will hurt them if they just did ONE episode about fire-victims, just one per season or something, that would help already, hey, they can even make a HUGE show about it for all I care, they would finally do something good

Line
Brace yourself, I'm about to agree with you again.

yerssot
*falls of chair*
darn my old reflexes, I'm not that fast as I used to be

Line
*puts big, soft pillow next to Yerssots chair*
can't be too carefull with those old bones ...

yerssot
you're a tad late dear, I fell already ... and to the wrong side of the chair

Line
You'll just have to plan your fall better next time, sweets! Can't think of everything for you!

yerssot
but I'm old and weak sad

but it's very nice of you to place that pillow there big grin *hugs*

Line
*gets all soft around the heart and awkwardly pats Yers' back* There there, you're welcome ...

yerssot
hmmm, glad I didn't pinched your cheek than stick out tongue
I'll fall softly next time! happy

Line
I would have slapped you then!

Do that, course I'm out of pillows ...

yerssot
suddenly I'm happy the thought never crossed my mind big grin
*makes note never to think of that*

ow sad you can have your pillows back big grin

Line
It DID cross your mind, just be happy you were slow - as usual stick out tongue

Na, that's all right. I don't sleep with a pillow anyway, you can keep it. Pink suits you.

yerssot
you see right through me, line, it's scary stick out tongue

you don't? oj, doesn't that hurt your neck in the morning? messed
I know girlfriend! *snap snap* I'm gonna dye my hair p!nk too eek!

Line
Indeed. Being able to see through you IS sort of scary blink

Nope!! It feels great!! It's only when I'm using the pillow my neck starts to screach.

Nonononono!!! There you see!!! I'm sure it's the influence you get from James Bond and Friends!!! It's gonna clash horribly with the pillow!!!

yerssot
or perhaps it was a plan to make you get scary stick out tongue

well, I believe you on your word, not gonna try it cause it looks painful already just to think of it messed no pillow... where has the world gone to wink

oh don't worry, it will be great! I can spill my wodka-martini on it too eek!

Line
*sighs* weren't you the one going on about WOMEN being complicated?

I won't interfere in your pillow-relationship, but I WILL do something drastic if you turn up with pink hair!!!!

yerssot
oh, they very much are! but than again, when you're 120 you tend to get a bit complicated due to stressfull life and such wink

that's great, cause I have a very nice pillow here and I look forward to sleeping eek! ... something drastic? considering you slap people for pinching cheeks, I don't want to find out, I like my head where it is now messed

Line
You've had a stressfull life?? blink Come off it!!

Okay okay, I might have been a bit hasty on the entire slapping matter. It all depends on how hard you would have pinched, and it would probably be more of a reflex than a well considered action.
But then again, I could be wrong, so don't go dye your hair!!!

yerssot
yeah, 120 years old, born in 1884... two world wars and all, it eats you sad

I never pinch hard that the cheek actually falls off messed just a friendly one laughing out loud
I won't dye them ... yet shifty

Line
Did you do your bit of fighting during the wars?? Or were you sitting in front of you computer, like now? stick out tongue

messed I'm not sure I ever want you to pinch my cheek, okay?

You'd better not ever, old man!!

yerssot
the first one yes, 30 years old, but I was 61 during the second one
and there weren't any computers out yet stick out tongue ... I read books wink

I won't messed
there isn't much hair on my head anyway ... perhaps I need a wig

Line
laughing out loud I'm all for the wig!!!

yerssot
I'll take one with short hair, guys don't look that good with long most of the time

Line
OR with pink hair, for that matter stick out tongue

yerssot
nor blue I take stick out tongue

Line
Right you are! So I AM getting through, am I? big grin No more dying?

yerssot
no more sad partypooper

Line
I prefer style saver stick out tongue

yerssot
it's undeniable ... I have no taste sad

Line
Oh, c'mon!! I'm sure it's not that bad ...??

yerssot
I wanted my hair pink remember wink

Line
So did I - when I was younger, that is big grin Don't worry, I'll help you grow up big grin

yerssot
about time someone offered me some help, thank you happy

Line
Any time big grin Where do you wanna start? And how much can you pay?

yerssot
where to start? you should know stick out tongue
I can pay you in chocolate

Line
Okay then. But no marzipan!

Well, you're my first long distance, never-seen-before patient, so you'll have to start by opening up and really get to tell me what you want from these sessions.

yerssot
of course not, chocolate only, promise big grin

ah, I see you're an expert in it wink
well, growing up mentally?

Line
I want a hand shake on that!

Okay. Nice place to start. First of all, I think we might need to talk about jars. How do you feel about jars? And for how long can they keep you amused?

yerssot
sure *happily shakes hand* there ya go big grin

oooh! I love jars! absolutely! one can keep me interested in them for more than a month! they're so great!

Line
*stares crest fallen at patient*
*stares*
*stares*

I see ... this really is pretty serious.
Let's start with something easier.

Shoe laces?

yerssot
wooow! don't get me started on that! they are even better than jars! you can tie things, throw it, ...

Line
Okay okay okay!!! Stop!!
Phew!! This is pretty bad, Yerssot, you do know that, right? We might have to replace some of your chocolate with some very heavy medicine!

yerssot
again? but I haven't stopped taking the green pills yet sad

Line
You can keep the green pills, no worries, and then I can give you some blue and pink ones so you won't have to feel bad about not dying your hair. What do you say??

yerssot
great! the more pills the happier I will be, right?

Line
Of course! That's the entire idea! And today's a special offer; with your pills you get this free t-shirt, which is not really a t-shirt, but has these funny long arms that goes all the way round ...

yerssot
oooh! that t-shirt sounds really great! I wantsssss it

Line
I'll get one for you next time I'll see you. Till then, be a good boy and take your pills, 'kay?? Nighty night!

yerssot
but I want the t-shirt now sad

Line
Here you are, then! Just arrived from the manufacturer! How are the pills working?

yerssot
they don't taste nice sad

Line
Oh ...
And you do look more sad ...
What if you got some chocolate flavoured ones?

yerssot
I would devour them happy

Line
Thought so big grin Here's some! And the blue one's got marzipan inside.

yerssot
but than I can't share that one with you sad

Line
You wanna share??? blink Now you get me all soft again -
hmmm ... guess I could take the chocolate-coating, and you could get the marzipan ... would that work?

yerssot
it would be splendid happy
*offers the chocolate*

Line
Thanks!

Guess I'm not the best therapist after all, being on medication myself and all ...

yerssot
but you're doing an excellent job nonetheless happy

erm... this is the part where I would hug you... considering you slapped me for less already, I won't stick out tongue

Line
Oh, thank you!! You're not too bad at being a patient either big grin

I never slapped you! I just warned you I'd do it if you pinched me! Tut tut, old man, you're getting senile stick out tongue

yerssot
I got experience in being a mental patient big grin

hmm, guess I need pills for that too already messed

Line
I can feel that. You're very professional indeed yes

Weren't that the green pills? blink

yerssot
I was even trying to get into an expensive hospital where they would pay me but it didn't work out sad

thought that were the yellow ones? messed

Line
An expensive hospital? blink but ... doesn't that mean that you're the one who pays?

Yellow pills!!??!! I need to have a chat with your old doc, this is getting out of hand!!

yerssot
nono, I was the nut they had to examine, they pay ya for it happy

what is? you don't like yellow? sad

Line
Really? blink What did they examine you for then?

Not really. Yellow makes me look pale and now it's become a fashion color sad I fear what that color might do to you if you invite it inside your body, course it sure does enough damage on the outside already.

yerssot
for being an immature nutcase eek!

well, perhaps when you have yellow you have to tan first blink

Line
laughing out loud Not a particularly special case then.

True. I just find tanning sort of scary. Like being locked inside a brightly lit coffin which is gonna cremate you or something messed I prefer the beach smile

yerssot
oh, it was, cause I'm fully nut stick out tongue

I actually ment the natural way of tanning messed I dislike that other one (talking about others doing it, never did it myself)

Line
Don't believe that! *strokes Yers's cheek fondly* It's just the chocolate thing ... and the meter thing ... and the apron thing ... and the ladies clothes thing ... except that, you seem perfectly normal to me stick out tongue

AND it would be bad for your male ego, wouldn't it? ( talking about tanning) stick out tongue

silver_tears
I tan, in small doses that is ninja

yerssot
see! told them too I'm pretty normal!

oh, tanning can be good big grin veeeery good but just bad if it's in the winter

Line
Silver tears: It does look good. I wish i had the courage (and the money big grin )

Yerssot: why bad in the winther?

silver_tears
It's quite cheap here, and I just build a base tan, than hit the beach cool

Line
Beach's the best. All those guys in shorts, they don't have them in the tanning-shops big grin

yerssot
cause I just have something against people look suntanned when it's snowing outside

silver_tears
not yet at least sad
and yerss, how about people who travel to like florida or whatever stick out tongue
they're tanned when it's snowing smile

Line
Remember me telling you it did't exist in a Danish version? Well, those days are over now. They are just about to launch it. Very depressing indeed.

kimahri03
last time i went to the beach i came back like a ******

yerssot
that's a shame to hear Line sad
guess the days were most danish women were still pure is now definitly over

Line
Gone with the wind ... sad

yerssot
And frankly my dear you do give a damn sad

Line
I do ... it hurts so bad sad

yerssot
you can sign in the program to get the hurting away wink

Line
Think it's got the complete different effect ... messed

yerssot
than you can sue them and they'll be forced to stop the show

Line
But by then they'll have stung me with huge metal-thingies and broken my nose and cut my chest up and sewn my forhead and ...
no, I'm not brave enough, there must be another way. There must!

yerssot
What's the matter colonel Line? chicken? stick out tongue

I won't allow that to happen big grin

Line
Who? Me?? blink Of course not, don't like yellow, remember?? stick out tongue

What won't you allow? blink

Clark_Kent
woman will soon grow stronger muscles, thanx to testing with a stronger
immune for P.M.S....by then they will hulk out every month

yerssot
no, not you, the other Line behind you stick out tongue wow, you must hate the smileys stick out tongue

that those cosmetic shows would hurt you sad

Line
Oh THAT bugger - keeps lurking around behind me, a real drag stick out tongue I don't hate, I only dislike big grin (stupid, silly little things ...)

It's enevitable, Yerss. You can't fight evil in it's purest form sad

yerssot
nasty bugger I think stick out tongue you must dislike these smileys eek!stick out tongue

really? Well, I eat evil for breakfast *gets out knife and fork*

Fallen Jedi
i'm not really sure what this thread is about but we girls like to do the unexpected... big grin

well, at least i do... cool

Line
I do sad Luckily, there's a bit of black in them, which makes it bearable ...

You eat everything, Yerss big grin *passes the salt*

Jedi: It's about what women'll do for looks. Operations, make up, etc. The entire beauty ideals. At least, that's what we used to discuss ... big grin

yerssot
lets find a totally yellow one eek!

yeah, especially bad things big grin that way girls should know that they shouldn't do operations big grin

Line
No! No totally yellow ones!

I've got a very bad assignment just begging to be eaten!! big grin You hungry?
Why?? blink Course you'll ... eat them?? eek!

yerssot
definitly total yellow ones big grin

you need to ask? I'm always hungry big grin
no, I'll eat the show wink

Line
You try, mister, you try!! *waves hand threatingly*

Finally your inhuman mouth can be used to serve the better good of mankind big grin Do get started!

yerssot
*waves back* I only fail when I stop trying big grin

great! ... erm... which mouth of the three are you refering to now? blink

Line
*figures out she probably won't win a fist fight and runs of to hide all totally yellow smilies*

The one that can open the widest and is connected to the stomach that can digest even crap like that wink

yerssot
you can run but you'll just see yellow smileys while being tired big grin

well, I think all three want to give it a shot to burry that show

Line
Not at all! The smilies in my mind are - pink!! eek!

Remember a mouthspray, then, that show is bound to give you bad breath ....

yerssot
do they have hair too eek!

I'll use extra mint wink

Line
No. And even if they had, it wouldn't be pink -sorry big grin

Do that! Or no one'll be left in this forum wink

yerssot
but blue, right? big grin

that's good right? wink

Line
Nope! Completely bald are they!

Eh .. blink No. And they probably won't try to hide in the JB-forum, so don't even think about it ... wink

yerssot
I'll give them some hair then big grin

no one wants to hide there, that's why I spam about it in my sig stick out tongue

Line
you gonna donate some?? blink

so there's actually an idea behind the nuisance!! ... brainwash messed

yerssot
no, I'll paint them myself stick out tongue

it's what raz is doing to us for some time already, ... djee, some girls are slow on the uptake stick out tongue (just saying it for the topic)

Line
Well ... as long as it's not gonna be yellow ...

Weren't you the one going on about me not being slow?? stick out tongue You guys can be so confusing (just saying it for the offtopic stick out tongue )

yerssot
blue or pink probably stick out tongue

I just said it to stay on topic messed I don't think you're slow messed well, guess the next girls should do is understand guys wink

Line
why did I even ask ... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is that all stick out tongue?? Dunno Yerss ... it's getting late. I'm sleepy. Can the understanding wait a bit?

yerssot
cause you weren't sure wink

of course, they are normaly strick on topics here wink well, perhaps you should go to sleep? messed

Line

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>