My Recomendations and Yours

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyFace
He guys. I thought that this would be a nice thread. We all are in real need of recommendations for horror movies right now with all the cheap crap horror movies coming out now. So everyone make their recommendations and I will make mine! Have fun and enjoy!

Recommendations:

Matthew Hopkins: Witch-Finder General (U.K. Title)/The Conquerer Worm (U.S. Title): Ok I know I have a reputation for liking old horror movies, but I really like the post-1950s ones the best with a few minor exceptions from the late 50s. This is from the 1960s from AIP Studios and stars Vincent Price. Price plays real Witch-Hunter Matthew Hopkins who held a reign of terror in Britain in the 1600s. Price doesn't try to be funny in this one and works seiously with the material. Price is supposed to be very chilling in this movie too.

Alone in the Dark: Donald Pleasence, Martin Landau, and Jack Palance. A good slasher with great actors about a group of escaped inmates of an asylum owned by a crazy doctor. Funny as hell at moments. Landau is great in his hilarious (trust me you would find it chilling, but I'm a person of dark humour) portrayal of the maniac Preacher who often qoutes the bible. Pleasence is also funny as the crazed doctor owning the asylum.

Pumpkinhead: I've seen this movie too. Really good movie. Pumpkinhead is a great modern day Gothic Monster like Frankenstein and the Wolfman were in the 30s and 40s. First time I saw Lance Henriksen. He was great in this movie which saw him in a rare lead role. A movie with a good plot, depth, acting, effects, and gore. All you could ask for!

Prince of Darkness: The character development is horrible, but the rest is all good in this smart Carpenter flick about science and religion with Donald Pleasence and Victor Wong. A group of priests known as the
Brotherhood of the Sleep have been keeping a dangerous secret from the world in that the Devil's son is about to be unleashed upon the Earth. When one priest dies another one joins the Brotherhood, and Pleasence is the next to join. Victor Wong is a college teacher whho teach either physics or biology I believe that is enlisted by Pleasence to help him defeat the Devil's son. Wong gathers up his students to help him, and the movie is off and up on its feet running with the Devil's son possesing others like a schzitzophrenic Alice Cooper and some of those pesky students.

darkesthorror
Twilight Zone: The Movie

The People Under the Stairs

In Dreams

Tales From the Darkside(TV series and film)

Manhunter

Night of the Creeps

Night of the Living Dead(remake)

Radio Flyer

Night of the Comet

Silent Night Deadly Night

Pumpkinhead 2

Dolls

American Pshyco

darkesthorror
And so many more...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.