Sidious' Sabre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARK ASSASSIN
okay, what do you think about sidious having a white sabre? picture it. it would make total sense for him to have an authentic one wouldnt it?
and how cool would a wight lightsaber be anyways?

Darth Ravenous
i dont think he will use a lightsaber

Rebel Racer
i think he'll use a saber, as mentioned by the Spy Reports, and I think he'll duel w/ Kenobi on Naboo. A white saber??? Sounds a bit Super-Shadow-ish....... AKA: Gay.

LordRevan
laughing good one Reble Racer

gambit420
Sidious WILL have a lightsaber in ep3. They had a picture of it on Starwars.com

yerssot
indeed, and up to now, there will be no new colors (according to Pablo)

The One Part 2
How do you have a white light saber? Wouldn't it be invisible?

yerssot
you can see a white piece of paper; so why not a sabre? confused

Rogue Jedi
it would probably be fiery white with silverish outlines.

DARK ASSASSIN
possibly, i did not hear it from shitholeshadow. i just thought it might be kinda neat looking, well if it looks gay then never mind.

wuTa
i dont think he should have a saber....he never used one before....he just used force powers...i just cant picture him in a light saber duel

moonwalker741
duz ne body hav that pic where it shows everbodys lightsaber....n u see one unusual one...i heard thats suposed to be sidious's lightsaber

Sith Master X
Cool, what does it look like? Is it something unique like Dooku's?

SMX
cool

Corsie
i think it would be cool if sidious had a crystal colored lightsaber

Rogue Jedi
if sidious has a saber, i will be disappointed. he is the emperor, man. he is so powerful he needs no saber.

wuTa
exactly

DARK ASSASSIN
this is kinda off topic: weve never seen his face before with the cloak on. weve seen palpatines face, but not sidious's. i think that a lightsabre fight would be a prime time to take is hood of to expose his face.

The One Part 2
I've never heard of a white laser. A piece of paper isn't made of pure light.

DARK ASSASSIN
it would be WHITE not clear. it would be just like any other sabre except without any tint!

yerssot
sorry RJ, hyperspace pic wink

mephistodesigns
Dark Assasin - I think they're saying you wouldn't be able to see it well in the finished product of the movie. In ROTJ, Luke was supposed to have a blue saber since the hilt was based on Obi-wan's and everything, and even the promo art and original poster have him with a blue saber...but, when ILM tried to do the scenes over the sarlaac, the saber would seem to "disappear" when in front of blue sky. Now imagine the problems of a pure white saber, especially that bright. Besides, Lucas likes to use colors as character traits, red is anger which is a sith trait which factored into the idea of all sith using red. Why would Sidious, the friggin' Uber-Sith break tradition?

Ushgarak
And nor is a lightsabre, so that solves that problem...

DARK ASSASSIN
yeah, can you see energy?

Darth Jello
red actually represents royalty, it was used by caesars and roman emperors and today with red carpets. this makes sense considering that every sovereign state ruled over by the sith has always been an empire

Creechuur
I disagree. Every good ruler, even the puppet master types like Sidious, can and will lay the smack down on you one on one, just to prove they can. Its all part of their ego, gotta be the best at everything, etc.

I hope Sidious has a saber. In the OT, Vader had his back so he didn't really need to fight but in Ep 3 I think there might be a period when he is between apprentices, or maybe Anakin is not at his side when some s#!t goes down or whatever. I heard a rumor of him being so fast you couldn't see his arms move, just the light trail of the blade. I think that may have been SS nonsense though.

People have totally slammed this idea before, but a black lightsaber would be sick looking. Picture a blade with a jet black core and an outer edge the same purple as Sidious' lightning in RotJ. Deep purple near the center but almost white at the outer edge of the blade, maybe with little wisps of lightning dancing up and down it. People argue that it would look lame but I think that would be DOPE.

Maybe I'll try to photoshop one up...anyone got good pics of hilts?

Ushgarak
Err... yes... ever seen a cutting laser? Or, for that matter, a fire?

DARK ASSASSIN
this is true...

Sith Master X
My vote would be to see Sidious with a Saber. We saw his force lightning in ROTJ, so I'd like to see what he can do with a Saber now, I also think it would make a great scene for him to battle it out with Yoda.

SMX
cool

cornponious
I'm going to put an end to this thread once and for all. smile

Sidious (who is also Palpatine) HAS A LIGHTSABER. We will see it, and we will probably see him use it.

Let's look at this rationally. Would it be appropriate for someone who has never driven to teach someone else to drive? Would it be appropriate for someone who has never flown to teach someone to fly? Would it be appropriate for someone who has never trained in the martial arts to teach others in that art?

Of course not.

Likewise, it would not be appropriate for someone who has no knowledge of the Jedi arts and no experience with a lightsaber to teach someone in a manner similar to the Jedi arts and to teach someone to use a lightsaber. Remember that Quigon remarked that Maul appeared to be trained in the Jedi arts, and Maul was a master of the lightsaber.

He could not have been that good without proper training. His training came from Sidious.

Sidious is a Sith Lord. They are basically the opposite of Jedi Knights. Jedi have lightsabers, and so do Sith Lords.

Deal with it.

corn

yerssot
very true corn, but I always hoped he would defeat people with his forcepowers instead of his sabre

cornponious
I admit that would be nice. wink

corn

Corsie
I`m looking forward to seeing Palpatine use a lightsaber. It will be interesting to see what kind of fighting style he has.

Skeletto-Fausto

Holsten
Thats the one alright

Sith Master X
I can't wait to see his fighting style, though I'm sure he'll be quick if he has to fight Yoda.

SMX
cool

Creechuur
I'm telling you guys, its classic bad guy formula.

He'll use his minions and power to strike at foes from afar, but once the good guy gets within arms reach, its ass kicking time.

Darth Ravenous
i think Sidious saber is just for defence.

well it looks like a defender hilt to me wink

darktim1
well I know he is'nt going to fight because george cut that scene thats what I heard in chat rooms so don't get mad at me for now may force be with you all hope he does it would be cool fight.

Holsten
He gives his saber to anakin after Mace is disposed of and says "Modify it as you see fit"

Sith Master X
Cool, where'd you hear that?

SMX
cool

DARK ASSASSIN
pretty cool

Creechuur
Maybe Sidious is so powerful in the Force that he wields his lightsaber telekinetically. He just stands there with his hands tucked in his sleeves while his saber flashes all around him, occasionally attacking his enemy. It would be cool if they actually motion captured attack routines, so that it would look like Sidious was performing controlled attacks with a disembodied lightsaber, instead of the saber simply flying about randomly.

telcontar
Well im hoping the Palp~ uses his sabre because we know what he's like using his other force abilities but we havent seen him use his sabre.

This is supposed to be the hilt of his sabre

DARK ASSASSIN
yeah thats it

Creechuur
"We will see at least one character we've never seen fight before with a lightsaber, do so in Episode III. Also expect a new style from this or these characters too." - Nick Gillard

Lurik
sidious will fight yoda.duh!!!!!!!!!!!

Creechuur
I'm starting to think its Vader that kicks Yoda's a$$. That would explain why theres such a deep fear of Vader on Dagobah. Its been said that the dark tree is caused by Yoda himself. The thought of Vader putting that much of a scare into one as powerful as Yoda is pretty awesome.

That would mean that when Luke enters the tree he's actually confronting Yoda's fear. Thats a pretty mean test for a master to give a student, but fitting as Yoda knew that Luke was destined to confront his father.

Back on-topic, it seems that Sidious is the one who delivers the killing blow to Mace. That could possibly be his only lightsaber action, as he gives the weapon to Anakin right after that. I guess once you have the most powerful Jedi alive as your lapdog, you don't really need to defend yourself.

Sith Master X
That would nice Creechuur, I think I'd rather see Vader Vs. Yoda than Sidious Vs. Yoda, though I am interested to see what Sidious can do. I am hoping to see him use his saber at least once in the moive whether it be him against Yoda or Mace.

SMX
cool

captainmidnight
that lightsaber has a cunning look to it,it seems small so i'm thinking palps must use only one hand to wield it...

cornponious
Hey, captain. How have things been since you interrupted HBO's broadcast all those years ago?

I loved that, by the way. I was watching HBO that night.

corn

DARK ASSASSIN
um.........anyways

darktim1
alot of people say that they don't want to emperior with light saber we saw yoda walk slow but kick but with a lightsaber so he might do the same don't get mad just my opinion

Creechuur
If Sidious does duel, I would imagine his fighting style as having very little leg movement. I know Lucas could use stunt doubles and digital face placement for Ian M...but I don't see Palpy moving a whole lot, not much more than stalking his retreating enemy, you know? His saber defence is probably so strong he doesn't need to move or dodge much. Plus it makes sense for the character. To have Sidious jumping around like an acrobat during a duel would be sooo bogus. He would fight much more Vader-like, using his legs mainly for balance rather than movement.

That brings me back to the idea of his arms moving so fast they are a blur, or him using the saber telekinetically.

Ushgarak
Both dreadful ideas...

Lurik
Sidious's lightsaber will be red, and he will pass it on to Anakin near the end of Ep.III.
Spoilers Anonymous

Lurik

yerssot
with a big thank you to TFN of course

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.