hmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
isnt a communism thread more a history discussion then political? especially about the manifesto and marx..?

Fire
Communism is a political idea ergo it is political forumcrew

Fire
the creation of communism would be history

badkittykitty
fire is correct

Rogue Jedi
communism is dead.

finti
tell that to the chinese government

yerssot
but tell them through PM, cause posting it here makes it a political debate wink

NyC-gUrL
and the cuban yes

Fire
well it depends on what you call communism

forumcrew
well i wasnt refering to debating if communism lives or not.. talking about marx is on the creation side its come and gone and over
it seems like they just dont want any type of intelligent conversation on this bored

yerssot
that's not it

you can go all intelligent how much you want ... but not on religion and politics.
there used to be a forum about it and it ended in tears and hurt feelings, so for the sake of keeping the peace, they don't allow it

WindDancer
There was a topic on Communism???? Damn! I was late!!!! sad

Darth Revan
laughing yes

silver_tears
why would any normal person cry or feel bad about this no expression
it's a friggin message board roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
ask them not me roll eyes (sarcastic)

forumcrew
yea really if you get your feelings hurt on here you need to get out more

yerssot
it all depends on the persons, forumcrew...

in example (and please don't start about it), if politics would be allowed... the first thread someone would make here would be how hard Bush sucks and how unfair the politics of the USA with bombing countries and killing people is.

At that point, people who are offended or just defending their country would get a bit agitated and post something back
that first poster and some others would get even MORE agitated etc.
and in the end you get personal attacks instead of keeping the subject

LanİeWindu
I remember those days of the political forum, back when then though we had more civilised persons on the forum, and it still ended up bad.

forumcrew
yea i do agree with that.. it would turn into a bush sucks or this sucks or blah blah people wouldnt jsut discuss it and actually give reasons.. and id just be annoyed anyway lol

The Omega
I wouldn't mind REAL political and/or religious debates. However - those who're weak in their arguments will quickly resort to PERSONAL attacks - attacking the person behind an argument instead of the argument itself.

It's always a sign of weakness, but flaming commences and before you know it it's WW III on KMC. The evolutions vs. Creation debate has been allowed to continue for a while. Discussing the origins of communism may be allowed as well - NOT discussing the political ideology but it's basis. Would we be allowed to discuss liberalism and conservatism on the same terms? smile

yerssot
I think cause those threads are still open, it shows that if we be civilised about it, it may be ... but erm.. TO... you're a mod, you should know that yourself messed

The Omega
Yerssot> I only moderate the Matrix forum. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.