Cosmic Beings (Marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautFan
i just wanted to get some information. does anybody know how many times LT has shown himself in comics? anybody have issue numbers/names? also this occured to me. it was once stated that galactus was the most powerful *BEING* in marvel. i tend to agree with that. let me explain. people like LT, eternity, infinity, can manifest themselves physically, but they are not permanently in a physical body. galactus is. so isn't he technically the most powerful being, that has to stay in a physical body permanently? just a thought. but anybody care to discuss cosmic beings, and where/when they appeared, here's the place to do it. i would also like to pick up the comics where kronos beating galactus, and phoenix beating galactus happen. anybody have an issue number for me?

JuggernautFan
oh i forgot, magneto vs. phoenix........ when/what comic did this happen?

Darth Jello
new x-men 150, magneto, high on kick (sublime). killed her.

Arachnoidfreak
well, JLA/Avengers is the comic where Kronos destroys Galactus, but they dont show the fight.

Linkalicious
If Galacticus is supposedly the strongest or most powerful Marvel character....then why is he regularly thwarted by the Fantastic Four?

His major weakness is his constant need for energy. He grows weaker and weaker without devouring planets and their life force.

You can see LT and almost all of the Cosmic Beings if you pick up the Infinity Guantlet series of comics. They are excellent!

Maelstrom
There is prob. a cosmic being outside the Universe, taking it around, showing it off. Thus universal rotation. When we rely on Beings like Eternity and infinity as our source of what is, we limit ourselves to their expanse. These beings are no greater than an ant, that is one reason they cannot harm us anymore than who or what we are. These beings would love to have more people condemend to their bleak all power level, where they are immobilized and have not a thing to do. Sure it sounds cool to be in a higher position, untill you realize that you have to be responsible and work or you fall into stagnation.
They achieve their posts by being lazy and Stagnent, and once so, they can no longer generate the force nessassry to self actualize or have an effect.
There is no someone who will reempower these folks, that's a myth. The same as they seek others of their kind to join them, they have chosen their own "luxurious" path. When they are no longer convient to themselves they will cease, leaving their own to finish impossibly.
Still they are attractive creatures, but not truly any real power. I guess they struck a pose they could hold. Sorta like they tried to do to Christ by nailing Him to a cross.
Poor suckers!

Magee
kronos beat Galactus in JLA/Avengers???? i though it was Krona....

Arachnoidfreak
oh yea...my mistake....

JuggernautFan
galactus has raw power that literally dwarfs the fantastic four. in the past he was "thwarted" by his own device. he SHOULD be able to wipe the floor with the fantastic four. but anyway, i already have the infinity guantlet series............

Wynndar
If the FF didnt occasioanlly wipe the floor with people who dwarf their own raw power then they wouldnt be interesting, that is why they r the most formidable group of people in the marvel universe

JuggernautFan
but they still don't have the raw power that galactus does........

Wynndar
nor does any earthling or any single person in their galaxy

JuggernautFan
which is why i said that galactus is the most powerful character in marvel, that has to stay in a physical body............................

Wynndar
e doesnt stay in a physical ody, he mentioned this when invisible woman blasted a force field through his chest after he killed her brother and ben grim....it is simply an appearance he chooses to manifest.....Dark Phoenix or molecule man are probably the strongest people in the category ur talkin bout

JuggernautFan
but phoenix isn't a body either. he she simply is a force. they can possess or manifest physically. but do not stay that way.

Wynndar
dark phoenix is not a body?....im not refering to the phoenix force, im talking about dark phoenix

JuggernautFan
describe dark phoenix

Wynndar
Dark Phoenix, the classic x-men character who was represented by a clone of jean grey....who possesed the phoenix force....the phoeinx force is a non living intenty who is appparently as old as galctus himself maybe....dark phoenix however is a deranged mortal who posseses this power

JuggernautFan
possessed the phoenix force. without the phoenix force she would have been merely a clone............... the phoenix force inhabited a body.

Wynndar
k....so we agree?

JuggernautFan
so when did phoenix and galactus battle????

Wynndar
i dont know the exact issue....i just got home from the bars and im drunk....it may take til tomorrow for me to remember......but i dont think it has anything to do with the "DARK PHOENIX" ( a person who posseses a body), the phoenic force...(an entity without a body) and the manifestation of a Body in which Galactus appears to mortals...

JuggernautFan
but isn't galactus just energy in a body? without his armor wouldn't be become a sun? or a small sun? something of the sort? doesn't he have to stay in a physical form?

Wynndar
apparently not, from his battle with invisible woman....it makes him much more interesting is all i know....it really just comes down to the writers man, i mean one time he DIED when the thing hit him........but invisible woman rips a hole in his chest and he just laughs at her then mentally rapes her in every plane of the multiverse?

JuggernautFan
when did invisible woman perform this feat?

Wynndar
it was the last issue of the fantastic four "nobody gets out alive" series....galactus had just killed johnny storm and ben grimm, so sue was pretty pissed, she blasted a whole in his chest (showing just how dangerous she could be) and then galactus mentally raped her so that every Sue Storm in reality would witness it...i dont have the issue here on campus, its back at home....but i would say its near issue 400, while they though Reed Richards was dead....it wasnt a what if or Ultimates comic....it was the real deal, and thats not even the most impressive "feat" of the invisible woman

JuggernautFan
yea, galactus stays in physical form. he is the most powerful being that has to stay this way. phoenix isn't included in that. is that what we are agreeing on?

Wynndar
galactus doesnt have to stay in physical form...that was my point....i dont know if we agree on this or not.......about phoenix.....i didnt say anything about phoenix....i was talkign about DARK PHOENIX....DARK phoenix....a person who was bestowed some of the phoenix force.....she, a MORTAL....does have to stay in physical form.....u get what im talkin bout?

JuggernautFan
yea, but the phoenix force that possesses that body does not.... galactus does however. i dont recall ever seeing, nor hearing about him not staying in a physical body.

Wynndar
yes.......Phoenix force does not equal Dark Phoenix, does not equal present Phoenix.....my point about the galactus-invisible woman battle was, he is not limited to a physical body, he simply chooses to be visible to mortals that way....he mentions it in the invisible woman battle, the battle with the sphinx, and an encounter with Hercules...there is a lot of evidence galactus is not limited to a physical body...Galactus and the Phoenix force have a lot in commmon, so much that i think writers were ripping off of Galactus when they defined the Phoenix Force

eleveninches
If the phoenix force is in jean in the mainstream marvel universe, and it entered rachel in the DOFP timeline, then is the phoenix force in Rachel different to the one that is in jean?

leonheartmm
u ediots, u should know that there are forces in the marvel universe that dwarf the might of galactus and these are not necessarily in energy or massless form, my power chart looks like this for the most powerful biengs
1. the one above all
2. true beyonders
3. infinite being
4. living tribunal
5. entropy and epiphany
6. anyone who posses the infinte gauntlet
7. eternity, death, infinite
8. lord chaos and the other one{i cant remember the name}
9. a complete, perfect cosmic cube{e.g. kubic comes close, so does the fake beyonder}
10.whoever posesses and can use the ultimate nulifier{remember how deathly afraid galactus was of it when mr. fantastic got a hold of it}
11.pheonix force{btw, its more powerfull than dark pheonix and it is the embodiement of all life yet unborn}
12.ego the living planet, galactus, watchers{like uata}, celestials{well i think theyr pretty powerful}

Linkalicious
gotta love ignorant noobs that call us idiots...but isn't smart enough to spell the word right. ;rolleyes:

Thanks for regurgitating some assnine list you made up, but you didn't read the begining of the arguement.

Magee
If he had bothered to read the thread most people that posted agknowledged the fact that there r more powerful beings than Galactus and plz dont call people ediots lol.

As for ur list.... Well for the ultimate nulifier and the Infinity Gauntlet to be in a list of the most powerful beings lol, it is rather inacurate.

Linkalicious
well that must have taken you a while because it's already too late for me to edit what i typed. embarrasment

oh and I most certainaly wouldn't say "anyone" with the Infinity Guantlet.

No human would be able to weild such a power. I forget exactly what Thanos said before he put on the guantlet....but he said that few beings have bodies strong enough to harness such power, as well as the mind to encompass all that you become.

Something like that....

Pretty much why Thanos, Warlock, and Surfer (in a what if?) are the only ones you've seen with the guantlet. I'm fairly sure Doom would have died if he put the gauntlet on...but then again...it's Doom.

Magee
Weird coz when i was reading this page ur post wasnt their, then when i submited mine, it was blink

SS with the Infinity Gauntlet, that would be cool.

Ponem
That is the funniest list i've ever read. laughing

Oh, and galactus isnt a power by choice! he has a human appearance, and has always had this, he was at one point just another regular Joe on a spaceship. Also; He is different in looks for every race in the univerese...sooooo...

Just saying.

Linkalicious
he turned into sort of a d.ick when he had that much power. He even whisked Adam Warlock away.

Eventaully he desires to have his girlfriend/lover from Zen La to be with him, and so he brings her back, and then he decides to live in a varitable paradise with her forever...

WEIRD!!

Magee
lol what comic does that happen in?

Linkalicious
it's in a What If? comic.

I think from the 2nd series.

It's called What If? The Silver Surfer obtained the Infinity Guantlet.

You know when Warlock sends him at light speed to try and snatch the guantlet while Thanos' hand is wound back ready to pretty much decapitate Captain America? Well, in the What If...he's successful in grabbing it.

Magee
ah nice. I have to get that.

leonheartmm
ok ok sorry fer callin ya people idiots but you say that galactus is the only 1 who exists in a humanoid body or form, well thats not entirely true as stated, because all the races see them in a form more understandable to them{e.g. the skrulls see him as a skrull} so it might be that galactus might have no true form im reality even when regulated by his armour, and beings like the living tribunal, epiphany and many others can also exist in a humanoid or physical form if they wanted to. neway galactus is an ass hole to begin with, i dunno y but i just seem to hate the guy even with his unimaginable cosmic powers, i mean what kinda ediot gets his ass kicked over and over and over again by a the same weak pathetic four guys{i mean the r pathetic to him}, while much lesser powerful guys like apocalypse and magneto seem to be able to think up of ingenious ways to almost get what they aim for, certainly end up doin a lot of damage to the good guys and look a whole lot cooler doin it.

hmmm btw, id love to see mephisto trick galactus into givin him his soul or eternal submission or sumthin {re when muscle{or psychic powers} dont work maybe ur mind will

Linkalicious
You're totally right about Galactcus being an ass.hole. Everytime someone like Silver Surfer or Thanos come to him to warn him of some sort of immenent threat...he's a prick that acts as if they are incapable of knowing something that he doesn't know...

Katt
Well in Thanos case. Who can blame him?

leonheartmm
hmmmm, ive been thinkin and i cant figure out the purpose galactus fulfills in the universe, i mean hes supposed to be the third essential along with eternity infinte but even when he dies, and abraxas was released, the universe didnt suddenly just become unstable or end or nethin

leonheartmm
say can any one think of a mutant who can defeat galactus, ive always thought that franklin might if he reached his true potential and maybe even nate because hes said to have more power than pheonix but i wanna het sum 1 elses oppinion

hmmmm, id also love to see galactus apocalypse and onslaught goin one on one, wonder wholl win though

radioboy121
Galactus is indeed one of the most powerful physical forms. As to his appearance, he's suppose to appear differently to other cultures, so his appearance is not alway humanoid (his former life was as humanoid).

As to the reason he keeps being handed over by characters like the Fantastic Four, it is of course because of the writers and the fact that he's nearly dead starving when he did have encounters. I cannot believe that of all the planets he's devoured and civilizations he's destroyed that were far superior in advancements than of Earth that he would find trouble here. If he destoyed Earth in the same fashion, would we have Skrull or Kree comics instead? I may be interested in having a Poppupoopu view (Impossible man's home).

I always wondered about the use of manifestations, where cosmic beings are given bodies to be at more than one place at a time (first brought up in a Quaser comic). I wonder what is the extent of these bodies. I doubt they would permit multiple genocide throughout the galaxy if Galactus wanted to do it.

Krissy Von Doom
From what I know, and I could be very wrong about this, Galactus maintains the balance between Eternity and Death by controlling which whole races of beings and planets live or die. When he destroys a planet, that's about 10 billion beings sent to Death's realm while somewhere else in the universe, a planet capable of sustaining life begins the evolutionary process. When Galactus decides to consume a planet, I think everything electronic stops working and ships that try to get away immediately lose power - that's what happened to the Skrull Homeworld. So what bugs me is that when Galactus comes to Earth, everything's still working?!

The cosmic being manifestations seen most of the time are anthropomorphic bodies that cosmics use when they're required to make an appearance somewhere. They have no real bodies, that's why they're called abstract entities. When the Watcher sent Quasar time/reality hopping around looking for the real Eternity he inadvertently saw the Eternity during Warlock's trial with the Infinity Gauntlet, and that was just a manifestation, not the real thing. Probably all of the cosmic beings present in that trial were manifestations except for the Living Tribunal. Most abstract entities are more powerful than Galactus such as Eternity, Infinity however he's is the most powerful physical cosmic being in existence. When you think of the other physical cosmic beings, there's The Stranger and Eon or Epoch - Galactus is more powerful. However, a host of Celestials might be able to stomp Galactus into the ground.

leonheartmm
hmmm, actually, i thought it was more the job of living tribunal and the inbetweaner to take care of harmony and as far as infinite is concerned, its not the most powerful entity, actually, its at around the same level as eternity and death because infinite is the embodiement of all time, eternity is the embodiement of all life and death pretty much speaks for itself, given this, the living tribunal should also logically be above infinte, so should entropy and epiphany, true beyonders and of course, the one above all

radioboy121
There have many cases where fleets of ships battled against Galactus with no mentioning of power failure (only ineffectiveness). If his presence does cause mechanical quirks, I may have missed that scene.

Inbetweener is the servant of Master Order and Lord Chaos. He is probably not likely to be taking care of "harmony" as he halves both intelligence and ignorance, and has made trouble in the past. He is less powerful than Death and Eternity as are most beings with exception of The Infinities and Living Tribunal.

I saw in a Thor comic (must be near one of those centennial points) of an upgraded version of Ego called the "Super Ego." As this entity appeared to be a physical form and for the fact that literally hundreds of Celestials were battling it, I wonder if it should be classified as one of the strongest.

(I believe it was the High Evolutionary in that comic that remarked Ego was merely a small portion of a greater, more powerful form)

Krissy Von Doom
I think the Super Skrull mentioned how his homeworld was destroyed by Galactus during a Secret Defenders issue, I think. The Skrulls, advanced as they were, tried to leave the planet using their spaceships once Galactus arrived, but all their instrumentations failed and all were destroyed except the Skrulls that weren't there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.