Escaflowne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RoguePw25
Anyone used to watch this anime?? It was on very breifly here in the US. I loved it.

Mystic_Gohan
I iam watching it right now ^_^
I think its Super Cool !

RoguePw25
ooh, how r you watching it?? You must have the DVD??

BlackHatDefect
i saw it...it wasn't as great as people make it out to be but its ok.

Guardian_Rikku
Escaflowne's one of my favorite anime. The movie was pretty cool as well. I read in a little informational packet that came with the movie that they were either going to make a sequal to the Escaflowne series or make an AU movie, but with the same chars (which they ended up doing). Personally, I would of like it better if the movie was like the series sequal, but that's just me smile

FEDFAN316
they need to really really bring that show back!it was awsome!how many episodes did they show?cause i only saw like 3,i taped the last one i saw but i can't find it probably cause i must've taped over itweepi mean,i have so many tapes!i had to of,i would'v probably found it by now.

FeceMan
I just remember something about giant robots, a girl with precognitive abilities, and some guy getting his face cut with a sword and freaking out.

FEDFAN316
that was funny,though i barely remember it i veagly remember him always poking at it when he thought of when it happened.all i know about the girk is that she was from earth and she was trying to find a way bac.there was an episode about that but the show was cancelled before i saw it.i also remember her finding evidence of another person from earth being there.

Serket
I was heartbroken when it was taken off of Fox, but I got the enedited Japanese version.(Mom was going to take it back because she didn't realize that.

maz
tis ma fav anime! i didn't really like the movie, i saw it after the fox series, so i was sooo set on what everyone wwas like lol.

dadudemon
I hate the revive this thread but this is the original and correctly spelled thread.

I am watching the anime right now.(re-watching it.) I watched the show on Fox Kids when it aired up to episode 9. The "edited" little kid American version was only 23 episodes. The show was cancelled by Fox. Fox got so many complaints that they put the show back on and aired like two more episodes up to its edited version of episode 9.

I have a couple of theories on that.

1. The show was cancelled because someone high up at Fox did not like the fact that the protagonist, Hitomi, read tarot cards. Some Americans are really big jerks about stuff like that. (They say things like "damned witch craft and wizardry. They are gonna burn in hell" and such.)

2. The viewers sent in those complaints so management cancelled the show. They restored the show because so many more complaints came in about it being cancelled. They cancelled it again because they lost a lot of viewers who lost hope in the show AND because they probably got more complaints about the show being back on because the next two (also the last two) episodes they aired had "butts" in it from the doppelganger. (Again, this is my theory.)

3. Something sour happened between Fox and Sunrise entertainment. (Or bandai..the series is licensed by bandai for "Region 1" by Bandai which is the US and Canada.)

The show was awesome and it had a great sound track. The original Fox release was edited very much.

My memory is freaky good and I remember the times and places the music was played in the original Fox release. Who ever did the sound editing for the original Fox release changed around the music sound track ALOT! The same music was used in the fox version, though...just out of order and mixed up and matched which ever way they wanted.

The dialogue is the EXACT same in English. (I am watching the english version...the unedited version.) Of course, the deleted scenes have new dialogue.

Though I only watched each episode one time when the show was released, I still had some of the dialogue memorized. (and no, I didn't go out of my to memorize the dialogue...I only saw the stuff once.) When I spouted off the lines to the show, my wife looked at me like I was weird. I told her that I saw the show up to episode 9 waaay back when. She told me it was creepy that I remembered the dialogue from way back when and I got a good laugh.

Anyway, this was a great series and now I remember why I liked it so much.

In retrospect, I now remember where I had seen Gaara's sand coffin ability before: the part when Dilandau crushes Zongi with the liquid metal. It looks just a like a sand coffin when Dilandau does that. The show premiered before Naruto so I wouldn't be surprised if that is where Gaara's sand coffin ability came from.

chickenlover98
can someone give me an overview of this show?

TricksterPriest
Dadudemon: What the f**k? This post made me want to slap the living shit out of you. no expression The Escaflowne dub on Foxkids is infamous for being one of, if not the worst butchery of an anime by editing/dubbing. It's a disgrace to even compare the Foxkids version to the original.

They completely ruined the series. I saw it and was intrigued by it, but I couldn't follow it because they kept editing parts out. I later saw the original subbed version, and was actually impressed.

The OVA movie that came out a few years later, while visually interesting, was lacking in the storyline.

Akuma Killer
Man did I love Escaflowne, I haven't seen it since I was about 4 or 5 tho, I wonder what happened while I wasn't lookin.

dadudemon
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Dadudemon: What the f**k? This post made me want to slap the living shit out of you. no expression The Escaflowne dub on Foxkids is infamous for being one of, if not the worst butchery of an anime by editing/dubbing. It's a disgrace to even compare the Foxkids version to the original.

They completely ruined the series. I saw it and was intrigued by it, but I couldn't follow it because they kept editing parts out. I later saw the original subbed version, and was actually impressed.

The OVA movie that came out a few years later, while visually interesting, was lacking in the storyline.

Uhh...I don't get it. You pointed the same thing out as I did...except in a grumpier way. confused confused confused

Also, they didn't just "edit things out"...They mixed and matched things and changed the music around and deleted scenes.

God bless Fox Kids for introducing this show to me.

God damn Fox Kids for what they did to the anime and for cancelling it.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by dadudemon
Uhh...I don't get it. You pointed the same thing out as I did...except in a grumpier way. confused confused confused

Also, they didn't just "edit things out"...They mixed and matched things and changed the music around and deleted scenes.

God bless Fox Kids for introducing this show to me.

God damn Fox Kids for what they did to the anime and for cancelling it.

Whoops. embarrasment My bad. I apologize for the bashing. And wholeheartedly co-sign the statement. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.