Anyone reading the action series Runaways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Runaways has some cool mutant kids whose parents are trying to gain access to an immortal realm where they can live high on the hog. Full of hormones and adreniline, and intrigue, it is a must read.

DarkCrawler

Maelstrom
There was a set of 12 parents who were given the chance at immortality with a race of monlithic gods. The gods promised the gift to six people so they either had to kill eachother or comprimise. They each had one kid so each set decided to give the gift to their children. The prob. for the world is that it will be destroyed to please the gods. The parents differ, some are aliens, some scientists, and other types. Each child is a mutant with cool powers. There parents sorta have to bring about the worlds destruction, so the kids think they are evil. They don't know of the gift they are to get.
Now 2 sets of parents want the original deal, forget the others and claim immortality for themselves and their child. That would still total six.
The kids live in hideouts and the parents have an orginazation that spans the city. They hunt the kids to bring them under their power. The children have placed messages for help to cloak and dagger and the avengers but the parents have superpowers that they subvert the childrens efforts with.
One boy, the leader, wears cybernetic gloves that channel energy blasts. There is a teen witch. She can only use a spell once. Strong girl. A girl with a dragon that fights for her and a black kid whose power i forget.
If you look in a comic DarkCrawler, in the back is an order form. Couldn't you select the series and have them mail it to you monthly?

DarkCrawler

DarkCrawler
Oh...and they all arent mutants...

DarkCrawler
Oh...and they all arent mutants...only one of them...

DarkCrawler
Damn with that double posting...

Maelstrom
Ya you're right i just started reading it so i don't know much but its cool action where other comics are to much indepth universe

Blair Wind
anyone else have info on that? its kinda cool, but I havent had the chance to read it all...

ScarletSpider
They released all of them in trades--more accurately digest sized books--and those are about 7/8 dollars a pop, which is a good deal.

The new series is very good, issue six just came out, if you're an Avengers fan, specifically of Hank Pym's sordid affairs with machinery, you'll like it. Also if you were a fan of Slingers, New Warriors, Power Pack and young hero books in that vein, since they debuted a new team Excelsior that have some familiar and long missed members.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.