Nba Payoffs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kidd34
NBA PLAYOFFS 2ND OUD HAS STARTED.......
WHOS UR PIC IN DA.......
NETS/PISTONS
PACERS/HEAT

LAKERS/SPURS
T-WOLVES/KINGS

Linkalicious
L.E.A.R.N T.O. S.P.E.L.L

and there are already 2 NBA threads where discussions about playoffs are happening.

(btw...i'm an extremely bitter laker fan at the moment, i apologize for the rude comment)

kidd34
YO DIS THREAD IS FR HARDCORE LAKER FANZ
SO LETS GET SUM TALKIN GOIN........

Linkalicious
sounds like a plan. Just ez with the caps. Mods are mean sobs here.

So WHAT the hell is the deal with their 1st halves?

kidd34
i duuno man....we need 2 give shaq 30-40 touches in da 1st quarter.
switch kobe 2 guard parker. and PLEASE devan george dont shoot a 3 wit 22 seconds still on da shotclock!!! gary payton should post up everyime dwn da floor cause he has da strength advanage and is to quick for parker. our defence needs to WAKE UP!!! did u see that easy layup parker had?! i mean cmon....someone step up!

Linkalicious
i dunno if kobe can guard parker. They really screwed up when they lost Pargo. *can't believe i just said that* But atleast he was quick enough to stay with him. Kobe was getting drove on by Bowen. That guys slow as sh!t. Shaq needs touches the whole game.

Malone needs to throw Parker on the floor or run him over.

Myth
Sounds like something Malone would do.

So Kidd, are you named after Jason Kidd or something else?

kidd34
na man kidd is jus a nickname ppl call me.
wuts every1's prediction for games 3 & 4?

Linkalicious
Lakers win both at home and go to SA then lose there...come home and lose the series in 6

Myth
I think it will be 1 and 1 so 3-1 going back to SA.

kidd34
lakers hopefully win games 3 n 4
then win in 7

ElectricBugaloo
lakers take game 3, spurs take 4, close out in 5

Linkalicious
i can't see the Lakers losing in 5. The games they've played have been too close for them to lose so easily.

Granted they end up losing by 10, but they've been withing 2 points in the 4th quarter both games. The plastic wrap on the rim gets taken off in LA.

kidd34
looks like me n Linkalicious are the only 1's still believein

wuTa
lakers are done.....if i were a lakers fan (thank god im not, no offense) i would be more concerned about signing kobe and shaq then beatin the spurs

kidd34
YO DIS THREAD IS F0R HARDCORE LAKER FANZ

wut part of that dont u understand

be like da wwe n get da f out

Myth
Ok that was just stupid. Anybody can post here so lets talk intelligently.

wuTa
laughing out loud you gotta be jokin

Linkalicious
apparently you don't watch the games. Kobe's the reason why they are losing. He's either keeping his back to the basket or triple pump faking before he forces up a shot. If he ran the damn offense like it's supposed to be run....then the Lakers would be winning 2-0.

Re-signing Shaq? nice suggestion....too bad his contract will keep him there next year.

wuTa
kobe is also the reason why they have 3 championships....its not that kobe isnt running the offense its malone and payton who still arent use to it....it took jordan 2 or 3 years to understand the triangle and malone and payton are suppose to do it in one?.....yea shaqs contract will keep him there next year but he said he wants to be re-signed before his contract is up and the lakers i doubt the lakers are gonna be able to sign shaq and kobe so one of thems gots to go...my guess is shaq

kidd34
no way will the lakers b horrible nxt season either way......if payton stays malone will n there is talk bout t-mac for kobe.....and shaq will stay i ratha have him then kobe

Linkalicious
yup. it's just a rumor, but i'd welcome T-mac anyday.

Clark_Kent
i just want kobe to be a free man...
but if it weren't so, i'd like to have kobe on a up-start team. a team like Memphis. a trade with B.Wells, S. Battier, and S.Swift. all for kobe and that rookie, Brian Cook, i think thats his name, never see him in close games. think about it. J. Will, K. Bryant, M. Miller, P. Gasol, L. Wright...anyway those are my wishful thinking.

kidd34
bottomline is that kobe is guna do wut is right for him.....he wants 2 go sumwhere where he feels he can win a championship....i wouldnt b surprised if he went 2 a low team like da bulls or magic....lets face it...hed dominate da east wit jus him alone.

so bac 2 da lakers for nxt season...shaq WILL stay.

kobe is 50/50

phil jackson im not even sure as....if he leaves id love 2 have larry
brown 2 come coach us....hed rly beef up our defence.

payton/malone.....they NEED to stay if theres any hope of even makein da playoffs nxt yea. n its been reporte4d that where 1 goes the otha will follow.

Linkalicious
i think that another offense other than the triangle would better suit the play styles and capabilities of the Lakers. I know the triangle is actually an offense with unlimited options based on how the defense reacts, but because it's such an intricate offense it takes a lot of years to understand it well. That and apparently people who get paid millions of dollars to play the game don't understand the concept of spacing.

kidd34
ya i totally agree....the triangle is a great offense but...with all those hall of famers and all the plays they've run....i mean all the years with stockton n malone with the pick and role...you'd think that they'd do sumin with payton n malone or even fisher n malone....get the mailman sum easy pull up jumpers. kobe needs to create n drive to the basket n do that scoop pass to shaq waiting underneath the basket for sum easy points. gary payton should post up EVERY time down the floor also.

wuTa
this might be a rumor but i heard if phils doesnt stay shaq wont wanna play for the lakers

kidd34
wow...i would hate that 2 happen. wut team would he play for tho? its hard 2 see him with another team....i mean if kobe leaves its his team and the same thing would happen wherever else he goes but if he stays with the lakers then he has the advantage of playin wit 2 hall of famers....payton/malone.

wuTa
what makes u think payton and malone are stayin next year?

Linkalicious
payton's going to follow malone form what he says...but there no guarenteeing that they will stay in Yellow. But I have a feeling Karl wants to stay a Laker

Myth
Payton is hating playing with the Lakers right now. He is sick of getting the blame for Tony Parker killing him and he has complained all season other than that. If they don't get past the Spurs, I'd say Payton is leaving.

kidd34
but now look at the lakers chemistry....cmon u can honestly say that? they have aired the feelings and look wut happened in game 3...they worked together like a well oiled machine. like they should. i think that they have put all off the court distractions aside n are playing and conducting themselves as true athletes.

Clark_Kent
that was a great game, maybe one of the best, this post-season. great, loved the monster dunks from shaq, cheered everytime Tony Parker was burned or knocked down.what a game, i'm tuned in for tuesday nights game. make it even and back to S.A.

DanZeke25
no... my guess is kobe..... evrybody is talkin about maybe kobe going to the suns or teams that dont really have anybody good....he said he wants his own team to build around

DanZeke25
woops i didnt see the whole second page... forget that post^^^^

Clark_Kent
palyoffs have not ended, after that i would like to see change, not only in L.A., but the whole league.

kidd34
very tru i would love to see the pistons take @ least 1 from da nets n win da series @ home

wuTa
pistons...thats my team....there gettin spanked right now but i'm not worried there still gonna win that series but the pacers...they make me worry

Linkalicious
ok so it was pretty obvious the Lakers would come out on their home court and dazzle the crowd and SA for that matter. Anyone who actually thought SA was going to sweep LA is a joke, but this is the pivotal part of the series.

Will the Lakers continue to play well at home?

Or will the Spurs make the required adjustments in order to get the W they need away?

I say the Lakers are tying the series on Tuesday...what do you guys think?

Myth
Game 4 could go either way. I expected game 3 to go to the Lakers because they rarely lose 3 in a row (very rarely). Plus people should know they were going to go at SA with everything they had at home while SA was relaxed with a 2-0 lead. Now SA isn't as relaxed and will go back at the Lakers but its still the Lakers turf so game 3 should be a battle.

wuTa
i say game 3 go to the spurs.....u know duncan and parker are gonna be ready for a battle after playin like shit espically duncan and and ginabola is always a threat...i say the spurs take game 4 in OT

kidd34
na i disagree. the lakers now know how to combat tony parker. tat was the most important thing. malone can handle ducan and ginobley will b held by kobe. i jus know the lakers will hold serve on there home floor

Linkalicious
Lakers straight out coached the Spurs in Game 3. They made the appropriate adjustments in order to contain Parker. He drove, they knocked him down or collapsed on him. They also had Shaq run the floor better on offense so that he would beat the underneath double team since the Spurs fronted him.

It will be interested to see the Spurs make adjustments, and to see what changes Phil Jackson makes in order to counter those adjustments.

wuTa
i love malone...but he cant hold duncan in check....if malone was younger yea he probly could but he aint so he wont......pop is one of the most underrated coaches in the league and hes gonna make sure parker doesnt gonna get thrown around like that in game 4

Linkalicious
definitly can't hold him in check, but Malone's smart. He may be able to do something like foul Tim hard or push him down. That might get him pissed and throw him off his game. But understandably, in order to stop Tim, you need to double him.

kidd34
im tellin you that the lakers are unstopable now.
we are playing like a TEAM now.
we're all in sink and we are a force to be wreckin with.

alll we have to do is beef up the defence in san antonio and we'll be fine.

Cinemaddiction
You mean in sync and to be reckoned with? Nah, they can be stopped, and have been. stick out tongue

Besides, considering who they have to play if they do indeed upset the Spurs, it will only be harder.

I hope the Lakers fall flat, just to see Payton and Malone retire, ringless and bitter because they made a selfish move and sold out on their respective teams and fans.

Linkalicious
Enough of this...

The Lakers are playing great defense against a set offense. In transition, they are horrible.

It is true, the Lakers can be stopped, but if they can manage to win this game tonight...then the Ring is all but on their fingers. The same holds true for San Antonio.

This statement is terribly wrong for many reasons.

The most important being:
The Spurs match up against the Lakers better than any team in the league.

Gary Payton gets ruined by the quicker, younger, better shooting, better passing Toni Parker
Kobe Bryant gets guarded by 2 of the better on ball defenders in the league in Bruce Bowen and Manu Ginobili...his job is NEVER easy against the Spurs.
Karl Malone is simply no match for Tim Duncan alone. Duncan is better than Malone in every area of the game with acception to great court vision and overall speed (not quickness...there's a difference)
Shaquille O'Neal gets a steady meal of big men from San Antonio. Rasho Nesterovic, Kevin Willis, Tim Duncan, and Robert Horry. But this is also a weakness because none of them can stop Shaq...only slow him down.

The Kings are worst because:
Mike Bibby isn't extremely quicker than Gary Payton, but he is a better shooter and passer.
Doug Christie is the only King who can stop Kobe, but while he's out catching a breather, Kobe is free to take over.
Karl Malone and Webber nullify eachother. The difference here is that Malone can his a winning shot...and Webber is a renoun choke artist (see NCAA tourney timeout incident for explanation)
Vlade's only hope is that the refs will call his flops as Offensive fouls. Unfortuneatly for the Kings, this is the playoffs...so most ticky tack crap can be thrown out the window. Vlade's back up? Brad Miller...who is mince meat against Shaq.

Add to that, the Lakers get home court against the Kings...bye bye Kings!

The Timberwolves are no better:
Cassel is old like Payton, shorter and just as quick, but he is a better shooter...especially from 3 point range.
Sprewell doesn't stand a chance against guarding Kobe. Sprewell has never been known to be a great on ball defender, he's more adept at reading passing lanes. Who next? Trenton Hassell....well lets not hassell me with analyzing him.
Kevin Garnett...well he's the MVP. He will get the better of Malone the whole series, but Malone is still an excellent defeneder who is strong enough to force KG into difficult situations, but will still lose this match up.
Ervin Johnson and Michael Olowokandi will get annihilated by Shaquielle O'Neal. And Oliver Miller won't do much better himself.

Timberwolves do have home court advantage and this helps them somwhat, but Sacramento has proven that winning in Minnesota isn't too difficult.

Selling out their team?

What part of taking less money on a different team in order to win a ring is
a.) Selfish
b.) selling out

Every player in the league is a sell out, except these two players. These two aren't in it for the money....they are in it for the ring. They want to be champions...not millionaires. It's sad to see that basketball became all about the money and not about the game itself. Karl and Gary are what this game is about, tough as shit, loud mouthed, well spoken, with few tatoos if any.

Alan Iverson is NOT what the game is about. He is Selfish...watch where you point that finger

Linkalicious
That said....lets hope for the best from the remaining teams in the west. I actually hope both series go 7 games!

wuTa
what hell are u talkin about?!

Linkalicious
You're a die hard Spurs fan right?

then quit your jibbing. I said they have the best chance at winning the championship...be happy i gave you that much.

And in game 4, Malone kept Timmy in check and Parker still got knocked around like a little b!tch.

wuTa
like i said..what hell are u talkin about..tattoos? iverson? fingers? are u talkin about me? coz i'm the only i remeber who defended iverson

Linkalicious
I was using Iverson as an example of what a selfish player is...That guy is all about himself.

Gary and Karl are all about their team...whichever team they play for. Was Jason Kidd a sell out for leaving the Mavericks? No, he just went on to better things....

wuTa
outa the three of them i karl is definetly the least selfish he's definetly a team player that any team would want as for him leavin Utah i dont see a problem with that stockton left and there was nothin more he could accomplish there...but i would say iverson is less selfish than payton....i know i know when he sat out that was chicken sh*t but before that he was all heart plus he says that he wants to say in philly even when the team is rebuilding....alot of players would split but i think hes gonna stick around

Linkalicious
true...he plays with the heart of a champion, but i think it would probably be better for him to try another team. I mean, like i stated earlier, look at Jason Kidd. He left a non-playoff team and look what happened to both of those teams. The Mavs are playoff contenders every year and the Nets have been to the finals 2x. Same holds true with Bonzi Wells and Rasheed Wallace. Both left their teams because they weren't getting any better, but on their new teams, they are much more appreciated. And now the Blazers have a chance to develop some of their younger talent like Zach Randolph.

Myth
Hold up, Link, you were on a roll of good posts (especially the match up) until this last one. Wallace and Wells didn't leave the Blazers, they were kicked off. The Blazers were fine with how Bonzi played but he became a flat out dick. He started flipping crowds off and claiming that he blanked out and didn't remember it for god sake. He also started disrespecting the coach among other incidents. Now he is off the bench for Memphis and the only reason they don't hate him yet is because he hasn't become a whiny obscene b*tch to them... yet. Wallace was sent away for his rep as well, not because his talent was keeping him down. The weird thing is that he actually isn't doing any better for the Pistons, its just that the Pistons are doing better than the Blazers. Other than that, keep up the good posts Link.

Myth
I just want to cry. I can't believe that that went in.

wuTa
i dont believe that went either...i'm not spurs fan but i think i made it obvious that i dont like the lakers...0.04 seconds un-f*ckin bielivable...that was one of the luckiest shot i have ever seen in my life...spurs and duncan better bring it ALL 4th quaters for game 6 if they wanna win....if anyone that lives in LA runs into fisher give him a message from me.....F*CK YOU!....thans i'd appricate that

Myth
The most angering thing is that it is Fisher. If it were Bryant, fine, he's headed to the Hall of Fame anyway. But Fisher isn't as good as he thinks he is. His career has been based on letting the rest of the team draw the D and then he makes 1 shot after a shitty game and runs down the court backwards, thumping his fist against his chest and sticking his lower lip out as if he is the greatest. Now he actually has something to brag about and will go down in history. He pisses my shit off but he would have been forgotten in the basketball world, now there is a clip of him that will be shown forever. Screw you Fisher, you hit a lucky shot and will now go down in history for it you undeserving bastard.

Clark_Kent
D. FISHER!!! YEAH! slow but tuff game.. take that duncan...leave the clock with 0.04 sec's. will see saturday's game. hope you S.A. fans enjoyed your one year as un-mentionable champions..L.A.
now what did 2pac and dre' say in California Love?

pasadena where you at?
englewood always up to no good.
even hollywood try get a peice baby.
SACRAMENTO where you at???
(had to put that. go ahead and crucify me)

Linkalicious
1st off...

Don't talk sh!t about unbelievable shots because Tim Duncan's shot (actually 2 of them) were complete and utter miracles.

2nd...

Derek Fisher IS as good as he thinks he is because he's a humble freaking guy. You guys watch 3 Laker games from where ever the hell in the United States you reside and you think that guy "thinks he's good." Sh!t he doesn't need a bunch of snot nosed kids telling him what he "thinks," he knows he's good. a) he's a professional basketball player...you guys probably don't even play varsity in high school b.) he's got 3 championship rings...which is more than 90% of the players in the league.

Fisher is good because he does his job, he hits open jumpers. He's a team player, Kobe drives...he hits open shots. I don't talk crap on Bowen for this, because that's what he does....it's his specialty. The difference is, Fisher can hit it from the wing, Bowen can't. Derek Fisher also kicks ass on defense. The 3 or was it 4 charges that he are an example of that.

I'm really disappointed to see such a group of piss....i repeat...piss poor losers. If D-Fish hadn't hit that shot you would NEVER see me talking crap like that.

Just as Shaq said. "One lucky shot deserves another"

wuTa
give me a ****in break.....and that shot with duncan was all skill baby....and as far as me playin basketball and my own skills....i guarentee...GUARENTEE......u couldnt score more than 2 baskets on me

Myth
1st: I did play in H.S. but that has nothing to do with the rest of my knowledge of the game anyway. I don't care if I never played, if I follow enough, which I do, and I give my opinions based on observations, not on comparisons with myself.
2nd: Yes, that wasn't Duncan's shot but he at least got a better look at the basket. Fisher grabbed the ball and flung it.
3rd: You think I've only watched 3 LA games with Fisher huh? I have been keeping track of all of these teams for as long as I can remember. Fisher has always had this "badass" attitude. He thinks he is the shit but he isn't. This time he deserves to pumped, but his whole career he would hit a 3 even if it was 4 minutes left and no matter what, he gets the cockiest attitude like no other in the NBA. I honestly can't think of anybody else who gets more cocky than him. Is he good? Yes, as you said, he is a pro basketball player. But in that sense, we can't dis on ANYBODY in the NBA now can we? But we can say they suck... in comparison. Even then, I never said he sucks, he's just not as good as he thinks he is.
4th: You never would talk shit like that, huh? If you weren't so quick to pull the trigger with an attack on us than I would believe you.

Linkalicious
pfft....you don't even know me. That's a guarentee that you could never ever back up. I'd school you...but keep thinking where ever Po-dunk town your from produces skill players....be my guest

And Neither of you two should ever sit there and say Tim's shot was more likely than Derek Fishers. Duncan's shot was every bit the prayer that Fishers was...EVERY BIT. In fact, Fisher's shot wasn't even defended as well as Tim's shot. Making that shot over Shaq not once, but 2x in less than 2 minutes....was a complete miracle.

You're still the only one with the opinion that Fisher is cocky...but i guess your opinion is what counts most.....

as for starting the crap...look at you two running your mouths about "that bastard" and how bad Fisher sucks. Go home to San Antonio, cry me a river, and I'll write you both a post card when i'm at the Laker parade.

wuTa
yea yea look if your gonna comment on my posts at least read dont browse through them and reply....and dont give me this "i would never talk shit" ...man thats all u do is talk shit about iverson do i make big deal outa of it? no...i just reply nice and calmly....and as far is me not knowin if i could school u...i dont need to know u....i've schooled kids who had division 1 scholarships...and if u ever make that stop to ohio let me know i live in michigan and i'll make the trip to prove it....yea yea we both know it prolby aint gonna happen but the invitation is on the table

Linkalicious
you just reply nice and calmly? sure.

As for talking shit on Iverson...that's a different matter. He isn't even in the playoffs so that isn't relevant to the comment i made.

I only talk shit because you disgard Fisher's shot calling it "luck" but then you try and some how explain to me that Tim Duncan's was any different.

Well here's something I hope we can all agree upon as civilized adults. Both shots that were made in the final 6 seconds were NOT luck...they were skill, because it takes a certain level of skill just to make something like that. And both shots swished.

yea yea schooled division 1 players my butt. If you school them so much...then why don't you play division 1 ball? I don't know what you look like, how old you are, or how tall you are...and because of that, all i can say is that you're that guy that hypes himself up behind his computer monitor.

As for me...you or Myth very well may be able to beat me badly even...but to GUARENTEE that i won't make more than 2 baskets?? well that's just your ass talking instead of your mouth.

wuTa
yea look at that post dont get any nicer or clamer than that...and thats what u think....i never said i was better than the the kid i schooled..he's definitly got more skill than i do but i still schooled him and i dont care if u beleive me or not the fact is there is noone that i could i prove it i know that....but i also i know that i'm a pretty skilled baller and if anyone is gonna call me out on my game i'm gonna answer on the court or off it (which includes through a monitor)

Myth
I never said that Duncan's shot wasn't luck. I even said its not his shot. But his shot WAS better because he had a chance to look at the basket while Fisher had .4 seconds to grab the ball while facing the other way and turn around and flick the ball up (looked like a god damn shot put). Thats not what I call a good look. Duncan's was lucky because it wasn't his type of shot and he was off balance but he at least got to see where the basket was.

A difference between me talking shit and you right now is that I have been talking NBA and you have been talking shit about us. It was really stupid just to mention our personal accomplishments in a thread like this anyway whether or not wuTA responded with a "I could school you" because us playing has NOTHING to do with the Spurs/Laker game.

"As for talking shit on Iverson...that's a different matter. He isn't even in the playoffs so that isn't relevant to the comment i made." That is relevant because put in the right situation, you would talk shit and that is the point.

Myth
And Fisher DOES run back thumping his chest with a scowl on his face (the badass scowl) often when he makes shots even remotely down the stretch. That is fact. If you don't think thats at all cocky, fine. But I view it as cocky and I know many others do too.
"i guess your opinion" Well no shit, I guess thats why I said it. And I guess it must be your opinion that he is a great player, fine.
"but i guess your opinion is what counts most....." No, but counts just as much as your opinion which is also giving off a vibe of "I am right."

Linkalicious
That ain't shit talking...that's 2nd guessing. You guys are sitting here talking shit on a person....not the NBA. Derek Fisher's been nothing but bad mouthed by you two ever since he made that shot. You even continued to down play his shot further on your last post. Duncan didn't even know his shot went in...he was on the floor after falling over from his off balance shot....and his looked like a shot put too. He didn't shoot the ball...he pushed it to the rim.

I respect you both as people i really do, and I want to tell you both I'm sorry that I brought this to a personal level. But the hatred both of you share for the Lakers clouds your minds or something because instead of just admitting that it was a damn good game...you'd rather say how bullsh!t it was.

wuTa
ohh both of us never said it wasnt a good game...the 2nd thing that went thorugh my mind was "what a game!" but as fans we have the right to talk give our opinions of the game which includes whether or not we think the shot was luck...us bad mouthin fisher is no different than u bad mouthin iverson(i know he's irrelevant but its just an example) u can say it is but i dont see the differene

Linkalicious
well i accept that, but i bad mouthed Iverson because i honestly do feel that he'll never win a championship. And especially not while he's in Philadelphia. He needs to turn his game back into the game he played in college where he complimented a big man instead of trying to be a 1 man show. As for his image...i can get over that, but i'll never get over his interview skills. I've never heard someone use as many double negatives in a paragraph as that guy.

and i still fail to see any proof that derek fisher is "cocky." was it something he said? or was it just something that goes through your head when you look at him. I know when i look at Hedu Turkaloo i'm thinking "this guy looks like a moron." Tho i'm sure he's not.

wuTa
he had dikembo mutombo when mutombo was still good and that didnt work.....and u gotta be kiddin me...u gotta problem with the guy because of the way he talks?....hey alot of players say alot of stupid shit....fisher can be cocky u never seen him make a shot and pound his chest? or pout his lips? or silence the crowd or eyeball the other bench?.....i dont have a problem with it coz some of the piston players are cocky but that doesnt mean fischer aint cocky...u never see him do any of that? c'mon

Linkalicious
nah...actually i haven't seen him pound his chest. He leaves stuff like that to Iverson and Kenyon Martin. I've seen Fish b!tch about almost every call made against him...and THAT pisses me off a lot, but he's a veteran, i've come to realise that he's just working the refs. But i never see him eye someone's bench because he knows he'd get the crap beaten out of him by 95% of the players in the league. I've seen him silence the crowd....generally after he bombs a 3 pointer. And the lip pouting...well that goes along with b!tching about calls.

And Dikembe Mutumbo is NOT the type of big man i'm talking about. I'm talking about an offensive minded big man like a Malone, Webber, Garnett, Duncan, O'Neil, O'Neal, Rasheed Wallace...type. Mutumbo is basically the equivalent of Theo Ratliff. Sure he's a good player, but he's just a role player, not a leader.

wuTa
those are all superstars...i dont think iverson needs a superstar he just needs the good role players with a good system...i mean that team he took to the finals with mutombo had role players but obviously that werent good enough role players...all he needs is a plaer like Odom and a big man like Ben Wallace to grab boards and play D..of course if Wallace ever left Detriot for Philly we would have a riot

Linkalicious
yeah well i hate to be this way, but now adays you're going to need a minimum of 2 superstars in order to win a championship in the NBA. hell the Lakers have 4 and they still struggle. But that's because their bench is terrible.

Do either of you guys think the East stands a chance? because i personally don't...and i just wanted to know your thoughts about that.

Myth
I want you to know Link that I do respect you as a basketball fan. But "group of piss....i repeat...piss poor losers" pissed me off as much as mentioning our skills, which is irrelevant. If we were to use our skills to judge them, then as amatures we should have no outspoken opinions in these games. Hell, we wouldn't be able to make fun of people such as Eric Montross. But yeah, lets get back to NBA talk and stop bitching. I think we were all getting worked up.

I think that if the Pistons get to the Finals they 'could' pull off an upset. It still probably won't happen but their chances are better than anybody elses in the east because of their D.

Linkalicious
I'm sorry for calling you guys piss poor losers, but i just expected to see a different response from both of you after that game. It was, based on the scenario, one of the best game i've ever seen. If not THE best. The winner of that game pretty much has this series, and in my opinion, the championship in the bag.

But only because i don't think the other two teams match up very well with the Lakers.

wuTa
i think the pistons and the pacers have a chance...i hate to say it but if i think the pacers have a better shot..think about it....if miller can start makin his shots....than u gotta artest whos starting to light it up on offense plus his defense than u got jermaine o'neal who get hit from 15 20 ft out which would would prevent shaq from clogging up the middle

Linkalicious
ummm...sorry, but the Pacers would and did get worked by the Lakers. Who's going to guard Gary Payton? Artest nullifies Kobe...while he's in. Karl nullifies O'Neil. And then who do they have of ANY size to stop Shaq?

Relying on Reggie Miller and Ron Artests offense isn't going to get you anywhere in the west...

wuTa
u cannot bring regular season stats into the post season...i dont care if the pacers lost to the lakers 18 times in the regular season....i mean look at wade...he played very good during the regular season but he is playin awesome in the post season...hey i hope i'm wrong and detriot does have a better shot at beatin the lakers or spurs

wuTa
Originally posted by Linkalicious
yeah well i hate to be this way, but now adays you're going to need a minimum of 2 superstars in order to win a championship in the NBA. hell the Lakers have 4 and they still struggle. But that's because their bench is terrible.

spurs won it all last year and they just had one superstar....if u ask me all u need is that one superstar with the right role players and good chemistry

Linkalicious
So when did David Robinson, a former League MVP and rookie of the year, stop being a superstar?

I thought Toni Parker was pretty damn close to Superstar status last year too.

and they didn't just have "good" team chemistry...they had phenominal team chemistry.

wuTa
c'mon... david robinson was a superstar but not last year he wasnt...superstars arent superstars forever and even robinson said he was just a role player last year.... bein on verge doenst make u a superstar....i wasnt say the spurs had "good" chemisty...i'm sayin a championship teams needs "good" chemisty

Linkalicious
True...but things have changed a lot this year compared to last year.

Look at the

Kings
Mavericks
Lakers
Timberwolves
and Spurs

All of those teams have improved. Even the Spurs who lost a lot of people. Because their younger players gained a lot of experience. Manu Ginobili and Toni Parker are twice as good as they were last year, and they picked up a lot of slack. Rasho is basically David Robinson w/o the free throw shooting ability, but he's durable enough to last the year without injury, and Robinson couldn't do that.

I hated the Spurs last year....but that's because they were the best team in the league....i just didn't want to admit it.

wuTa
i agree with everything except rasho being the same as robinson....robinson played better D last year and brought all that leadership to the team...and the mavs...they didnt improve...all those allstars and they still cant play D

Myth
I agree, Mavs were better last year with Van Exel.

wuTa
whooo man what a game...3 freakin overtimes....lil bummed coz detroiot lost but that was without a doubt that best game in the playoffs so far..that blocked that jefferson had at the end of regulation was unbelievable...the only thing i could do was laugh coz that best block i've ever seen than to top that billups hit that half courter...i dont know where that scat dude came from but he saved the nets big time what a punk

Myth
I missed both games because I was at the movies (Hellboy then Troy). Its cool that the game went to 3 OTs, but darn, I was hoping for the Pistons to win. At least the T-Wolves won Happy Dance. For once Spree started making shots too. He's been angering me because he shoots too much but today they went in.

Linkalicious
that triple overtime game sucked. By the time it was over, the Timberwolves/Kings game was already in the 3rd quarter. If that happens with todays Laker game...i'll be pissed.

wuTa
are u kiddin me?!...that was the best basketball game in the post season yet...if seriously think that game sucked than your basketball IQ has seriouly musta dropped to like 2

Linkalicious
nah it didn't suck...it was a good game, but it sucked because i missed the 1st half of the other game. I wish there were on seperate networks so i could have watched it on my other big sceen in the room.

Myth
Well Lakers won but Jesus Christ, the Spurs couldn't hit a 3-pointer (3 for 22 or something) and would have been fine if they just could have went down. The Spurs stayed in pretty well considering they shot 22% in the 2nd half. Duncan got no help from anybody other than Horry and Devin Brown. Btw: Devin Brown looks like Usher.

wuTa
i thought ginobili played just as good as horry...i didnt like how they keeped foulin shaq with 3 minutes left thats still alot of time....did anyone else see those ****in celebrities..i dont mind nicholson hes always been at funs but when u see tom hanks and chandlor cherrying with front row seats like there at every game...its enough to make me puke

Myth
I agree with the celeb thing. The all star game this year (in LA) was a joke. It was all the richies of LA there and no true basketball fans. It was sad.

Ginobili played decent but Horry was definitely the energy guy. He grabbed every weird lose ball there was.

Linkalicious
go LA!!! next stop....championship

Myth
Actually the next stop will be in Minnesota or Sacramento. big grin

Linkalicious
yah, but i never liked slowing down for speedbumps in most parking lots. I like to shoot straight for the closest parking lot to my location. big grin

(hope that made some sense...atleast some.)

wuTa
u go to fast over those speed bumps and u coud knock your wheels outa alignment and that takes u right off course (one bad anology deserves another)

Linkalicious
bleh enough with the analogies. I'm going out on a limb here when i say that neither the Kings nor the Timberwolves will be as much of a problem as San Antonio was...

wuTa
is that really goin out on a limb? the spurs were defending champs

Myth
T-Wolves didn't do too bad last year against the Lakers. Sure the Lakers added Payton and Malone, but T-Wolves revamped with Spreewell and Cassel. Odds are definitely in the Lakers favor, but I wouldn't count out the other teams. Heck, Kings should have beat LA 2 years ago and their team is practically the same but with the addition of Brad Miller.

Drifter101
well its game 6 in Jersey! Lets see if the Nets can close the series out, after that great great great game on Friday. And to think everyone thought the Pistons would kill the Nets.

wuTa
whooo....detroit baby detroit!.....huge win game 7 is gonna be tight

Linkalicious
I already broke down why both the Kings and the Timberwolves won't win the championship in a previous thread. Basically it comes down to no one on either team being able to stop shaq worth a damn. And other than Doug Christie, no one will stop Kobe. Karl plays awesome defense against marquee power forwards. Though KG will undoubtably out perform Karl...i think Webber will get worked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.