A band.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

drunk_nazgul
My friends and I are thinking about starting a singing group (not really a band) and learning to play instruments later. We'd do remixes of rock songs by Creed, Evanescence, and Nickelback. We'd throw in a few other bands, such as Incubus and Maroon 5. Maybe some metal and pop.

The question: Would any of you show up at our concerts?

HockeyHorror
i dont listen to rock but i wouldn't want to go to a concert with some people remixing other artist songs.

Darth Revan
Learn to play an instrument, it's fun as hell. I love sitting out on my porch playing a tune on my cello, experimenting with amps, that kinda thing... You'll have a lot more fun with a band if you can actually play the music. yes

HockeyHorror
i use to make beats (mix of hip hop/jaz/blues/classical) off my old comp sad good times...good times sad

but my new comp...im not installing any huge software(s) until its customized to pefection laughing out loud

Darth Revan
Yeah I like recording stuff with my cello and playing with it on my comp... I got this program free with my new one called GarageBand that's really cool... So recently I've been doing a lot of that happy it's fun yes

HockeyHorror
does anyone know any good hip hop/jaz/blues/classical programs that are easier to use to make beats???

Darth Revan
Nope, sorry... Do you have one of those little MIDI keyboards?

HockeyHorror
nope

Darth Revan
Hmm... They're pretty necessary if you want to record an actual song with a software instrument, but if you just want to do beats... Well I know for classical that you really do need to have a real instrument, a computer can't imitate the sound of a stringed instrument. So I'm not sure.. Most of the music I do uses pre recorded loops on that program I already mentioned, or no software instruments at all...

What exactly do you mean when you say "beats"? Like on a rap song? 'Cause you also said you wanted to do blues and jazz and classical.

loserib
its much more fun and forfilling if you play you on stuff but starting on covers is cool alot of bands do it
i would check you guys out live but then you would have to come to one of my bands shows lol

drunk_nazgul
I would go to any concert except a country or 80's one.

So, remixes aren't good, eh?

Darth Revan
Learn to play an instrument you'll have a lot of fun yes

total metalhead
They're ok as long as the songs your covering are actually good and if you give them something new. My band did a few covers, including an acoustic version of Enter Sandman, which was awesome, and a sped up version of Terrible Lie, but with guitars, bass and real drums.

Choose the songs wisely, and whatever you do, don't slaughter classics. Pick relatively simple ones.

drunk_nazgul
Are you in your own sig?

Off topic. Anyways, what the heck is a cover? Now I'm really stupid. >.<

ElectricBugaloo
i wouldn't go because i think all those bands suck

except incubus

Darth Revan
A song that was written by somebody else... I'm pretty sure anywho

ElectricBugaloo
A version of a song that is done by another band than the original. A band can cover another band's song.

just because it is written by someone else doesn't mean it is a cover. The other band has to perform the song.

StinkFist462
ya dont ruin epics or anything like that ... i did a cover for uhh ...HIM - Siggilum Diaboli ..... it sux ..... but im editing it .... and what not ..

finti
indeed, the song has to been released by an artist before it can get "covered" or pretty much what the rest of ElectricBugaloo post said

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.