The Hindenburg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§pearhead
Whoa, I almost missed the anniversary (actually, for most of the world, I did)

May 6th, 1937, the German blimp Hindenburg crashes over New Jersey. Just a reminder, a notice, w/e you want to think of it as.

Kaleanae
http://www.primititootaa.com/Images/Hindenburg.jpg

VallejoKid707
eek

§pearhead
wow blink nice pic, kal

Fire
Spear does it really matter

amity75
"The inhumanity!!!!" Make no mistake, at the time this was the most dramatic image ever captured on film.

G.P
And ? What's the point of this thread ?

Fire
I was wondering the same thing GP

amity75
The point is - em, good point! Actually I love watching things blow up on TV and the Hindenberg was the best explosion this side of a James Bond film.

Raventheonly
Dude, that was one off the most spectacular events ever caught on tape... yet it didn't crash apparently.... both German and American inquaries decided that static electricity ignited the zeplin.

Ushgarak
Humanity, not inhumanity...

Fire
LOL yea amity so it was big dea;

Gravity Kills
The Hindenburg was an incredibale event.

§pearhead
"The point"? Gee, I dunno, just to remember the deaths of a few dozen people in a horrible event that taugh humanity some basic chemistry. Seriously, think of it as you will erm even if that may be a waste of space and time

amity75
Wthout the event Led Zeppelin would be called Robert Plants Blues Ensemble or something so yeah, it was an important and significant event.

Linkalicious
^ classic Amity...and so very true!

Fire
talk about a bunch of BS

amity75
^BigHardon? Exqueeze me?

Raventheonly
if the hindenburg never went down, we'd probably still be flying zepplins around rather then having as advanced long range aircraft as we have.

§H@Ñ€
yeah, in forth grade we spent a couple days studying that thing. but that was like five years ago so i dont remember any of it. but the tape was cool.

Fire
might all be true tho I still don't see why we should make a thread about it stick out tongue

amity75
Guys at my work come in in the morning and are like "Dude, I was talking to this hot chick on a forum last nite" and I'm like "Great! I was discussing the Hindenberg!"

G.P
And ??? So you just have a photo and that makes you think this event becomes more important than an other. Why don't you remember all the deaths that didn't have the chance to be spectacular or 'available-in-Super 8,VHS and DVD' ? That's why there is no point in doing this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.