Signature too big!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Machete_guy
AAARRGGH!

I need help with y sig, i tried to make a sig and i finished it, it was good then i tries to put it on then it says its about 40 billion bytes too big, then i made it smaller but still too big, i made it very very small! but too big! HELP ME!!! (please)

Darth Revan
1. How many K is it?

2. What program are you using?

Machete_guy
It is about 160 k (limit 30k)

i dont know what you mean by program..

Lianslo
i've got the same problem!

1. the way i want my sig, the file is 147k
2. I used Microsoft picture it to design it...but then i used Irfanview to crop it....

Judging by the size of my current sig, its evident that i've had this problem b/f! smile

JKozzy
Use Photoshop to compress the JPG

Linkalicious
I think Photoshop 6.0 compresses jpg images better than Photoshop CS.

When i used to make my sigs on CS it would always need to be smaller than 500x200, but now it's fine.

yerssot
yeah, agreeing with the last two here, take photoshop and take the quality a bit down

Raz Jr
or upload it here and let one of us do it big grin

yerssot
hey, if it's before monday, I'll be more than willing to try smile

§pearhead
Before making a sig, check its dimensions and size before attempting to upload it. It solves you a lot of problems later.

Dexx
40 billion bytes too big? wink..doubt it.
reduce the size and quality....you might even save ti as a gif (save for web option in photoshop.....it doesn't visibly reduce the quality and reduces the size a lot)

Raz Jr
what do you mean check the size before making? size is calculated once you save it, or are you on about something else?

Dexx
she meant 'when' maikng a sig...cuz he said before you upload it afterwards

Darth Revan
Yeah... Photoshop does a good job of making files smaller.

and Raz Jr... You can't exactly upload it if it's too big roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raz Jr
you can upload it to the KMC attachment thingie though stick out tongue

MC Mike
That makes it bigger. Once it is on the Forum's database, it increases in size by a couple of Kbs.

Raz told me. yes

Raz Jr
you're missing the point no expression

someone uploads it bythe attacment thing as 100kb, then we work our magic and give it back as 29kb stick out tongue

Darth Revan
But you can't attach a file with the file attachment thingy if it's bigger than 25 K...

§pearhead
he wink

and Rjr, what I meant was that I know with photoshop it does tell you its size right before you save it, letting you make necessary adjustments to decrease its quality and such.

yerssot
he doesn't know better, Spear stick out tongue

Lianslo
well...i've tried uploading it a million different times...and i don't have photoshop so i can't compress the file either....and i also tried saving it as a "gif" but it wouldn't let me upload it then either....this is making me quite crabby.....i just want a new sig! sad

Lianslo
WAHOO!!! as you can obviously tell...i got it to work! i finally figured out how to compress the file on Irfanview, then changed my dimensions, and then it worked! thanx for your help guys! big grin

Machete_guy
my sig worked on a different PC...i wonder why that is big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.