regrettable releases

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
despite being great, every band has some album(s) that you'll listen to and think (what the hell were they thinking?!?) finally here's a thread where you can list them and advise other fans to steer clear of them...
i'll starts-
Adolescents-Balboa fun* zone
TSOL- hit and run, live, strange love, hell and back together
Dead Kennedys- bedtime for democrasy, all the albums rereleased by off of alternative tentacles
hole-celebrity skin
flipper-American Grafishy

ElectricBugaloo
Weezer--Maladroit

i can understand TGA because they wanted to get back in the limelight, and their record label pressured them into releasing a radio-friendly album instead of a Pinkerton-esque album. But Maladroit was just rushed and horrible.

total metalhead
Orgy - Punk Statik Paranoia (Repetetive)
The Offspring - Americana (Too pop-rock)
Metallica - Reload (Big let down)
Metallica - S&M (Bigger let down)
Metallica - St Anger (How did they sink this low?)
Mobb Deep - Infamy (One album too many)
System Of A Down - Steal This Album (Could never compare to Toxicity)
Foo Fighters - One By One (Nothing special)
Korn - Untouchables (Dull and whiney)
Eels - Shootenanny (Half-hearted)
Green Day - Warning (Over the edge)
Sepultura - Nation (Come back Max)
Sepultura - Roorback (Please god make Max come back)

§pearhead
Anything done by Linkin Park confused they'll have one good song on them and the rest suck

burlyman
The Spice Girls album without Geri erm

KMC
Animal- REM
eugh

Kate xx

Red Superfly
St. Anger sounds like it was recorded in a tin can

ElectricBugaloo
The Offspring have had nothing BUT regrettable releases for a while now.

St Anger was probably one of the worst albums that came out last year

Steal this Album! was all songs that were previoiusly scrapped by SOAD

Foo Fighters have never really had a GREAT album. They have many great songs, but have yet to put together an album full of great songs. I agree that this album was nothing special, but regrettable? no.

As for Untouchables...you know how i feel about Korn

total metalhead
Agreed, with the exception of Conspiracy Of One which I enjoyed a lot.

Yes St Anger was very bad, and yes it sounded like it had been recorded in a tin can. In fact it probably was.

I didn't know that was the case with Steal This Album, but it makes sense. Compared to their first two records, STA really was second rate.

I believe There Is Nothing Left To Lose to be a great album, and One By One was regrettable for the simple fact that it was all filler. Like I said, nothing special in there at all.

ElectricBugaloo
There was filler in There is Nothing Left to Lose; if it were an album, Side 1 would be brilliant, while Side 2 would be mediocre. That takes it out of the running for being a great album.

Conspiracy of One...it just shows the decline of The Offspring, which was shown even more by whatever the last CD was called.

total metalhead
For me that album didn't give itself any room for filler. It was just 11 tracks and even though its obvious they put their best material into the first 6, they're wasn't a single wasted track in my opinion.

Maybe so, but I enjoyed the majority of it, and thats all that matters to me.

ElectricBugaloo
Well, despite this, i don't think that one by one is a regrettable release; i think a regrettable release is something that totally undermines your band for worse

lil bitchiness
I love this album! Its such a System Of a Down album. There isnt a bad song by system.

Darth Jello
here's one

Beatles for Sale

IT WAS MOSTLY COVERS!!!!!!

oh and Slayer-undisputed attitude

yeah, changing one lyric to a minor theat song so it sounds racist is really cool.

ElectricBugaloo
As were their first two albums.

Darth Jello
no their first two albums had more than 2 original songs.

ElectricBugaloo
but the backbone of their first two albums was not in the brilliant songwriting of Lennon and McCarteny--that hadn't developed yet. The songs they DID write were meaningless pop songs.

total metalhead
Steal This Album just sounded rushed. There were only two songs on it (F**k The System and Chic N' Stu) that were anywhere near the quality of Toxicity and SOAD. They should have spent way more time on it.

Darth Jello
nemesister by babes in toyland is another one...i mean they actually cover "we are family"

Yomammy
huh "Sounded"?!?! You mean it wasn't?! blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.