Hobbits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aku
Dosent anyone think that the hobbits are just camp? I mean frodo falls over about 10 times in the fellowship not to mention the other movies.

shadowy_blue
OK...

stick out tongue

sauron
hey, do not bash the hobbits
they live in the shire, which is cut off from the rest of the world, they arent warriors, or even fighters, im sure the only violence a hobbit sees is when two hobits drink too much ale stick out tongue

they are suddenly the main pieces in bringing down the dark lord....you would fall over alot too!

Camellia
Altogether now....."It's an interpretation!"

stick out tongue

But yes, I know what you mean about Frodo in the films....and yes, a fangirl can dream.

But no, not camp, never.

Thorondor
apart from the fact that they killed lots of men but hey im sure they are right little wooses laughing out loud

.x.Fee.x.
erm can i say...wen a big HUGE scary guy is comin 2wards u n u r sh*t scared u not gona go o hey *stab*....well i woodnt i would run...he tried 2...but kinda muked it up....

Aurora
ummm I am american..... what the heck does camp mean? confused

Camellia
Gay

Well, it does in my neck of the woods.

Is that the correct saying?

Thorondor
gay lol the word originated from america did it not? confused

Aurora
Not to my knowledge...

Nienna
Not here either...blink

And yet another thread goes off topic...*sigh*

Aurora
No not off topic, after learning what camp ment i chose not to respond to the topic of hobbits. Since I find it uncalled for.

Nienna
All right, I'm just a little uptight after all the stuff going on around here...sorry for that...erm

Camellia
Anyway, the point is:

The hobbits are not gay/camp/homosexual and Tolkien made such a point of that fact.

Frodo is a little 'wimpy' as many put it in times of the film but I think Elijah Wood's interpretation is brilliant.

HE plays a hobbit who's just head that this little trinket that he carries is in fact VERY important and if he doesn't do something about it soon, the whole of Middle-earth is to fall under the shadow of Mordor.

I think we can let him off for being a bit scared, can't we? :P

PJ chose to emphasise the innocence and naivety that makes a hobbit a hobbit. He showed how Frodo feels about this quest. He's terrified. PJ just chose to have falling over and dropping swords to portray it :P

Aurora
Exactly Hobbits are the naive part of ME. They had no reason to be scared, forceful, strong. They are peaceful, happy, and yes gay (no not the bad meaning the good one big grin)

A.D. Skinner
Is there a bad meaning of being Gay ??? Hmm, careful what we say here.

Gay = Happy...especially in old English Literature

Smodden
*agrees*
i'm tired of perfectly good words beeing turned into Bad ones...but its all part of language and such...

Phoenix
If, by camp, you mean sensitive, nature-loving, and not worried about portraying their masculinity wherever tey go, ike SOME people I could mention, then, yes, you would be right.

wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.