The Twins: QuickSilver & Scarlet Witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RoguePw25
Hmm, I 'm surprised no ones started a thread on these two. So tell me what you think of them?? Good bad, comments??

I didn't like how Evolution made Quicksilver a bad guy, but I guess we all can't be good!! But I did like how Wanda had all this hatred for Magneto.

ON the Animated Series, I do belive Quicksilver was a good guy.

Clovie
i do love the scene(in evo) when mistique brings wanda to brotherhood house and she sees pietro
and he hides.

and sb asks "ex-girlfriend?"
and peirto answers "worse, she's my SISTER eek! " stick out tongue

eleveninches
In the comics, is wanda as estranged from her father as she was in Evolution?

BarmyBrummie
the only thing i know is, in the original animated series, Pietro and Wanda were really close no expression

kohl
she never quite agreed with magneto's ways and they haven't been very close as far as i know.

eleveninches
In evo, he put her in an assylum as a child. Did that happen in the comics as well?

kohl
they never really were in contact with magneto until adolescence, and before that they lived with their gypsy foster parents.

kohl
some pictures while i'm at it.

kohl
--

kohl
----

eleveninches
They are both in the avengers. When did they leave the brotherhood to join the avengers.

kohl
costume changes for wanda.

kohl

kohl

kohl

kohl

kohl

kohl

kohl

kohl

kohl

BarmyBrummie
wanda has some cool costumes big grin

Alita
Well actually I think they *have* been pretty close. They grew up together and when Wanda's powers manifested Pietro tried very hard to keep her safe from the town's people who thought her to be an evil witch. They were in the Avengers together and the only time they actually fought was when Scarlet wanted to marry Vision or something
Also in AoA when Wanda dies (ok I THINK this is AoA) Pietro says: she was my best friend for years
They also have a pretty close relationship in Ultimate X-Men

eleveninches
How close are they to polaris (as she is magnetos other genetic daughter).

Was wanda/Pietro's mother the same one who gave birth to Anya?

kohl
pietro and wanda have been close. the question was related to their relationship with magneto.

kohl
yes.

as for polaris, she and quicksilver have both been in x-factor and quite friendly to each other. at this point i'm sure they did not know they were related.

Alita
Pietro and his wife Crystal

Alita
Sorry misread the post embarrasment

kohl
aw, no problem.

Alita
lol I think here they look like Aurora and Northstar (now that Jean Paul has his silver/white hair). Check out Wanda's 'upswept' eyebrows wink

kohl
i think they should look southeast european (think romania or thereabouts, as wundagore is hypothetically close to it) while j-p and aurora are quebecois.

Alita
I know, just saying that in that picture they kinda look like the Beubier twins because of the way Wanda was drawn with upswept eyebrows

kohl
i got it. :>

Alita
and this must be my favorite pic of them (from Ultimate X-Men)

RoguePw25
cool pics!! And yeah, it was sad in Evo that Magneto put Wanda away becuz she couldn't control her powers. Too bad.

But I am confused. Is Polaris there sister??? I thought that was just a rumor?? Was it ever cleared up??

eleveninches
There were rumours before that lorna was erics daughter (because of their similar powers). Originally, mesmero used his mind controlling abilities to make her think that she was magnetos daughter so that he could control her using an android magneto, but she was then freed from his mind control. Then she went to live with magneto on Genosha, and he was kind to her like a father would be, and she used her powers to allow him to have a better connection to the earths magnetic field. While she was on genosha, she got a DNA sample from eric and discovered that she was actually his genetic daughter. When the sentinals attacked Genosha, magneto protected polaris with powerful magnetic fields before he was thought to have been killled. The revelation, along with being buried under genosha, caused her to go mad.

kohl
and who would be polaris' mother?

eleveninches
ah. I dont know. It might have mentioned it somewhere, but I dont think anybody but magneto would know, and hes not telling anybody now that he's dead.

Paola
erm

great thread people!!!

RoguePw25
thanks Palo. I read somewhere the Polaris was adopted by her aunt and uncle.

So she's Magneto's genetic daughter?? So, does that mean that she's half siblings to Wanda and Pietro??? That would explain her similar powers to Magneto.

Alita
Polaris was revealed to be Magneto's biological daughter in Uncanny X-Men #431 and she, Pietro and Wanda and Anya have different mothers. It was discovered that the in the rests of the plane crash, in the witch Lorna's mother died in, all peices of metal were strangely magnetised.

Paola
Anya? blink

Alita
Magneto's oldest I believe, she is dead. I don't have much info on anything regarding her though, aside from the fact that she was Magneto's kid and that she died

eleveninches
Anya was magnetos first daughter. Originally, Eric believed in human-mutant coexistance. One day, their house caught fire, and magneto was held back by the crowd, who would not let him into the house to save his young daughter (just because he was a mutant). This made Eric very mad, and he got so mad that he unleashed the full force of his powers upon the townspeople, who he blamed for Anya's death. This (as well as his experience of the holocaust) was what caused Eric to hate humans.

Paola
wow!!! surprise... you learn something new every day happy

thanx 11 & Ali!!!! Happy Dance

RoguePw25
you're telling me. I didn't know that.

kohl
wanda from the 1602 universe.

kohl
pietro from 1602.

kohl
random image, not sure what series.

kohl
full costume.

Paola
that would be Ultimate series, kohl wink

RoguePw25
oooh nice.

eleveninches
She was featured in the chaos engine trilogy. In it, Magneto gains possession of a cosmic cube, and he alters history so that Anya was never killed and is still alive. This means that in the new timeline he never lost faith in humanity, and creates a virtual utopia where mutants and humans live together peacefully, with eric in charge of the x-men.
However, it ends badly when Red Skull kills magneto and gets the cube for himself, changing history and altering reality so that the nazis did eventually take over the world.

RoguePw25
So was Anya a mutant too like her brother and sister??

eleveninches
Im not sure. It didnt mention her having any mutant powers

Alita
Actually I think that she didn't... Not 100% sure but almost sure

eleveninches
At least she didnt have any that manifested themself. She might have had latent mutant powers though.

BOPRecruit 16
i love wanda's suit in image 007 and that one in the second to last pic of which unknown series that is kohl is unsure of. for image 007, which series of x-men comics is that from?

kohl
the avengers.

RoguePw25
yeah, the red outfit of Wanda's was beautiful .. .

Wanda Maximoff
Ya Wanda totally dispises her father. but wouldnt you if you were put through what she was by him? come on. Magneto id lucky she didnt geat a lot more revenge for it. i for one would have. but see i dont blame QuickSilver for what his dad did.

Paola
Youmust be talking about Evo.....I really like Wanda there happy
....but....
in comics.....does Wanda hates Magneto that much? confused

Alita
well in the comics Wanda teams up with her dad at one point but that's because she's posessed or something like that and... well Quicksilver joins the Brotherhood to get Wanda out of it. Pietro in the comics actually hates his father (or serverly dislikes him). When Magneto was going to hold Pietro's kid, Luna, Pietro quickly steped in and told Magneto to let go of his child. Magneto tried to tell him that he had changed *coughliecough* but Pietro didn't buy it. Magneto treated Pietro like... poodoo in the comics
As for X-Man Evo... I didn't see much of it so I dunno

Paola
thanx Ali thumbsup
he does the same in Ultimate erm

RoguePw25
In Evolution, Magneto treats Wanda worst that Pietro. He locked her up cuz she couldn't control her powers, but she looked like she was 6 or 7 when he locked her up. She must have manifested her powers at an early age.

kohl
in the comics she was a teenager--i don't know if this is still true in evolution.

Paola
yes kohl yes Wanda & Pietro are teens in Evo

kohl
in the comics her powers manifested when she was a teenager. so in evo, do they show her as she first gets them?

Paola

RoguePw25
In Evo, they make it seem as though Wanda manifested her powers when she was like 6 or 7 years old.

wandamaximoff36
is anyone else miffed that neither wanda or pietro were in the first xmen movie? as they were members of the original brotherhood? *would love nothing more than to see a Pheonix vs. Scarlet Witch battle* like avengers wanda, after she's learned to control her powers enough to kick superman's ass. smile

pr1983
dont know about the superman thing, but as for the movie they'll probably be in the avengers movie marvel are planning

platformskater
Cool, there's an avengers movie being planned. AWESOME! Wow, who do you reckon could play her? or Quicksilver for that matter. Care to share some thoughts?

pr1983
This is a list of all the marvel movies slated for production, i picked up i think here on kmc, anyway, looks like i was mistaken, the only avengers production is an animated movie, but as u can see the likes of thor, captain america and iron man are all getting their own movies, maybe we wont see an avengers, maybe yr right and they can be in x3, but it would have to be a magneto story to work imo. As for the actors, i have to think about that

Marvel Character Feature Film Line-Up For 2004
(Release dates are controlled by Studio partners)
-Blade: Trinity, New Line Cinema - December 10, 2004

Marvel Character Feature Film Line-Up For 2005
(Release dates are controlled by Studio partners)
-Elektra, New Regency / Fox - Script, Director, Filming started May '04, Jan. 15, 2005 release
-Fantastic Four, Fox - Script, Director, Filming starts August '04, July 1, 2005 release
-Iron Man, New Line Cinema - Script, Slated for November 2005 or Summer 2006
-Luke Cage, Sony/Columbia - Script, Director
-Man-Thing, Lions Gate/Fierce - TBD

Marvel Character Entertainment Projects in Development For 2006 & Beyond
(Development and release timing is controlled by Studio partners)
-The Avengers, Lions Gate - Slated for Q1 2006 release (animated DVD)
-X-Men 3, Fox - May 3, 2006 release
-Namor, Universal Pictures - Script, Slated for Summer 2006
-Ghost Rider, Sony - Script, Director, Pre-production, Summer 2006
-Black Widow, Lions Gate - Writer, Director, Slated for 2006 release
-The Punisher 2, Lions Gate - Writer, Director
-The Hulk 2, Universal Pictures - Development
-Deathlok, Paramount - Script
-Spider-Man 3, Sony/Columbia - Director, May 4, 2007 release
-Dr. Strange, Dimension - Contract
-Iron Fist, Lions Gate - Contract
-Silver Surfer, Fox - Contract, Development
-Ant-Man - TBD
-Black Panther - TBD
-Captain America - TBD
-Nick Fury - TBD
-Thor - TBD

Spiderman_RJ

Spiderman_RJ
he didnt had pietro on his side he also abandoned the kid, this is so that when pietro is in jail he reconize a person mag, not a father mag. capisce?

Paola
thankyou Mr. Spiderman thankyou notworthy

RoguePw25
So Magneto abandoned both Wanda and Pietro in the comics???

I always wondered why he shipped Wanda off in Evo. I mean, she looked to be about 6 or 7. She had her powers back then??? I thought she got them when she turned a teenager.

Spiderman_RJ
wanda is a witch not a mutant

platformskater
I thought Wanda was a mutant, but her powers were affected by the magic of Wundagore, where she was born. In reality she would have been able to control an element like Magneto, but the influence of Wundagore changed her powers to manipulate hex energy rather than say, Magnetism.

Spiderman_RJ
who is that rachel on ur sig?
and the avenger will be the older group but will be tough to join all guys and make a good history since they will have to explain the origin of everyone so, it will be crap, dont go watch if it was good enough there will be a second them go see both, if it sucks, u wont had wasted ur time and money.
also is that wanda with mags helmet on someon up there avatars?

platformskater
Rachel Grey(Summers) and that's Polaris wearing Magneto's helmet after Havok says no to her at the Altar, then she goes magnetically insane.

Spiderman_RJ
lol cool

Paola
lol1 that was one of my favorite moments!

Shadow_King
Ok how is polaris related to magneto???

Paola
Polaris is Magneto's daughter, or at least that's what I heard

platformskater
That is absolutely right, is was proved in on eof the later issues of Uncanny X-Men before reload, there are issue summaries at www.uncannyxmen.net if you want to check for the definite source. big grin

I reckon the three children could make their own super trio, Magnetic-X, lol, even though only one of them has magnetic powers, ah well, thats enough crap from me. stick out tongue

(

platformskater
Here's a Quicksilver I prepared earlier, I stole Northstar's head and Magneto's body, the silver hair helped. cool

Mana4X2
WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! That pic is gorgeous! Is that his wife? What's her full name? I never even knew he was married. If it isn't his wife, who is it? rolling on floor laughing eek! Happy Dance

That picture rocks!

Cheers,
Mana

Mana4X2
From Mana...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Scarlet%20Witch/ScarletWitch_Evo_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Scarlet%20Witch/ScarletWitch1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Scarlet%20Witch/ScarletWitch2.jpg

Mana4X2
4http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Scarlet%20Witch/ScarletWitch3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Scarlet%20Witch/ScarletWitch4.jpg

Mana4X2
Quicksilver...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Quicksilver/Quicksilver5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Quicksilver/Quicksilver1.bmp

shellspeare
great pics guys xx

platformskater
pic 4 of Scarlet Witch is awesome Mana, do you mind sharing which website you got it from. big grin

Mana4X2
Ah, um, I actually got sent that pic from a friend. I downloaded it from my X-Men photoalbum. Personally, my fav is pic 3!

Cheers,
Mana

Mana4X2
These may be black and white sketches but, man! She looks great!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Scarlet%20Witch/ScarletWitch17.jpg

Mana4X2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Scarlet%20Witch/ScarletWitch14.jpg

Mana4X2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Scarlet%20Witch/ScarletWitch_Wasp_3.jpg

Mana4X2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Scarlet%20Witch/ScarletWitch_Wasp_1.jpg

Mana4X2
5 - one colour one...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Scarlet%20Witch/ScarletWitch_15.jpg

Mana4X2
And here's one I found of Quicksilver...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Quicksilver/Quicksilver6.jpg

RoguePw25
Whoa, great pic there!

ScarletSpider
This is from issue 7 of Captain America and the Falcon. Wanda's wearing Cap's boxers it seems. Although she did sleep on the seems. If comics still had thought bubbles, we'd see Rogers thoughts as "GREAT GAMS!"

Joe Bennet is an amazing artist, he's drawn a perfect, gorgeous Scarlet Witch throughout her appearance in the series.

Paola
eek! she looks great!!

Spiderman_RJ
wow shes gorgeous there i still cant believe she married an alien robot. it means after all her rebelian agaisnt her father is not over.LOL

Mana4X2
Wow! That is a gorgeous pic of her! Well done!

Mana

RoguePw25
I can't get over that pic of Wanda! She looks great! Do you have anymore?

ScarletSpider
I'll take a gander through the last couple issues and see if there's anything else. I know there are some other good shots, it's just a problem of finding them lol.

pr1983
heres a scarlet witch i found, by julie bell, not my favourite, but i suppose its ok

RoguePw25
ooh, I like it Wanda's powers always confused me. I wasn't sure exatly what she could do. The probablity? whoa. got me?

Paola
nice pr thumbsup

I hadn't seen it before!! eek!

kohl
--

kohl
wanda & vision.

kohl
--

kohl
---

kohl
can't recall if i've posted these before. if so, apologies.

pr1983
great pics kohl

kohl
:>

Spiderman_RJ
i hate that stupid robot vision, how can a alien machine stolen wanda from me?

RoguePw25
009 is my fav kohl! Those are some really pics of Wanda that I haven't seen anywhere else. Great!

kohl
good. :>

BlackScarlet
A good person to play Wanda would have to be Fairuza Balk. Although she makes a good Evolution-based Wanda, her features are uncanny and she'd be fit for the role.

Anyone seen Fairuza's role in "The Craft" as Nancy? Excellent movie about Teens and Witch Craft. She holds the torch for angsty goth.

Spiderman_RJ
the catwoman or catwoman daugtet in the series of batman tv show should be my pick for wanda, sexy and mean.

kohl
bump.

X-Menfan87
I have a pic sorry if it has been posted.

Voracious
who are those people in the pic.?

kohl
it's a manipulation. they're made to look like quicksilver and the scarlet witch.

Disappear
to clear up something eleveninches said before, magneto DID NOT believe in human-mutant coexistence before anya was killed. in fact, before he saw anya dying in the fire, he didn't know he was a mutant. he was being restrained by the men of the village not because he was a mutant, which noone knew, but because he'd been framed for some crime. so, they didn't let him go, he couldn't go try to save his daughter, the trauma activated his mutant powers and he tore the village apart. everyone died except him and magda, but magda ran off, and that's where pietro and wanda's story begins.

also, the "revelation" of lorna being magneto's daughter was one of the stupidest reveals i've ever seen. after years of her being not magneto's daughter, only ever thinking she was due to mesmero's influence, she suddenly goes on a search to find her real parents. and, go figure, the plane had been "strangely magnetized." CLEARLY, SHE'S MAGNETO'S DAUGHTER. it was stupid, and the writer just felt like making them have a familial connection. and, regrettably, it's canon now...

wanda's powers don't include hex magic, she is a mutant. after her whole origin was explained, after she's spent years conducting hex magic, it's all retconned in the disassembled arcs. apparently she can alter probabilities and causal reality itself, letting her do just about anything. the whole "hex magic" thing was a ruse used to help her focus her incredible power levels... another crappy retcon. the only interesting part of it was the dark beast and xavier's descriptions of magneto and wanda in excalibur. xavier talks about how magneto has full control over one of the fundamental forces of the universe, and if he let himself, he could do virtually anything he set his mind to. hell, he even creates a pocket wormhole with a halved power level.

the dark beast explains how wanda can control another aspect of reality, though, unlike her father, it's not a physical aspect. she controls cause and effect, probability. likewise, she could do just about anything she wanted to, as her very powers seem to make any effect probable from any cause. that's why she had those faux-kids in disassembled, why the long-deceased agatha harkness could appear living and commune with the avengers, why several seemingly random disasters occurred at once, yadda yadda...

the dark beast also expanded on magneto's self-inflicted restraints, which stop him from becoming such a brutal force of nature. the man, erik magnus lehnsherr, is constantly at battle with the beast, magneto. it's a somewhat contrived point, basically making erik into magneto's unwilling conscience, but it helps explain why magneto can do things like making wormholes, and why he hasn't throughout his life. checks and balances and whatnot.

also, pietro's written off. "the other twin, quicksilver, doesn't matter much. he just runs fast. it's "wicked wanda" who's the marvel."

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Disappear

the dark beast explains how wanda can control another aspect of reality, though, unlike her father, it's not a physical aspect. she controls cause and effect, probability. likewise, she could do just about anything she wanted to, as her very powers seem to make any effect probable from any cause. that's why she had those faux-kids in disassembled, why the long-deceased agatha harkness could appear living and commune with the avengers, why several seemingly random disasters occurred at once, yadda yadda...
That's a very interesting explanation of her powers. smile Originally posted by Disappear

also, pietro's written off. "the other twin, quicksilver, doesn't matter much. he just runs fast. it's "wicked wanda" who's the marvel." laughing out loud

Crimson Phoenix
Wanda's powers have been constantly retconned, its hard to define what her powers really are. It'll probably be retconned again after house of m! I'd personally love to see a one on one match between Wanda and Magneto. Master of magnetism against the controller of reality!

Ieatbabies
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
Wanda's powers have been constantly retconned, its hard to define what her powers really are. It'll probably be retconned again after house of m! I'd personally love to see a one on one match between Wanda and Magneto. Master of magnetism against the controller of reality!

Wouldn't that be a site too see.

Though my dream match is stil Polaris vs Magneto vs Scarlet Witch vs Quicksilver.

Crimson Phoenix
After what people have been saying about HOM 7, wanda would easily have this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.