Mod Idol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron
due to recent events, you may have noticed our forum is modless, now, the globals sometimes venture in here and do their job, very well i might add *takes off hat* but the globals cant always be here, Global= all over, so at times they are gonna have to be in other forums

what we need is a mod, now i figured that seeing as it will be our mod we should get some say in the matter, so this thread is where we can decide who we would like to be our mod. as the decision is ultimately up to raz and his council of mods no guarentees to the person we pick

now, and idea was brought up in the first annual tig party about this, and a decision was made that we would like to have two mods appointed, one from europe, one from america to enable modding at all times,

the person you pick must be
online often
a knowledgable person
sombody who you know you can respect
and sombody you know you will listen to if they have important information, or need to say something

commence stick out tongue

edit: no self nominations!

Leggy_n_Merry
Oooooo what an interesting thread...I vote you sauron haha big grin and ummmm Exa maybe or shadowy smile

nazgūl-lord
EEEXXXXAAAAAAstick out tongue

Trickster
I vote AD for American mod...

Aurora
Interesting Concept..... seeing as the last time it worked out soooooo welll...... lets see our last "Mod Idol" lasted months.... and as soon as she became mod ppl started turning against her... the same ppl who voted for her in the first place....... wonderful Idea reallly.....

Thorondor
I nominate Exa for Europe and AD and/or Shadowy for America

nazgūl-lord
yeah AD and Exa !!!

A.D. Skinner
What purpose does this thread have here in the LOTR forum ??? I mean, here we are trying to keep things clean, and then we create a pointless thread like this one !

This decision is not up to us people ! And if it was...I wouldn't put too much faith in our own decisions after the last Mod we had ( sorry kit ). This decision is up to Raz, and him alone. This is his show and I am sorry to say, HE has the last word on who he appoints as Mod.

All this thread is designed for is to hurt peoples feelings ( "how come no one voted for me " ) I can see it now !!!!!

But thanks to those that voted for me stick out tongue

Thorondor
i don't want to be a mod to much resposibility and tbh i just cant be arsed lol

and yea this really should of went in the GDF

sauron
^^AD wearing his mod head^^

yes but i am saying that we should at least, as regular visitor of this particular forum, decide who we would like to be our mod, if you re-read the first post you will realise i do state that the final decision is up to raz

or did you just not read it?

Fėanor
yes, but once bitten twice shy should not be our motto...we were...not so informed...but due to recent events as Sauron so eloquently stated, i think we are a bit more how shall i put...AWARE!!!

but two seems the way to go...one on both sides of the atlantic...and we in the forum could pm either one so as not to let a few loonies run about and create silly nilly threads if they are somehow overlooked by the mods...aside from the OTF and the GDF...this forum has quite a lot of members going about and doing their bizziness...and we all know each other...if not personally...

but i do however if it were aloud nominate either Exa and AD...Sauron luv ya, ya big galoot...but if you get serious on me i'll have to board vingolot(sp) and knock one over yah...you are the ying to my yang...

the hardy to my oliver...how am i gonna be funny without your banter? stick out tongue

Thorondor
actually i take back my votes i don't want people i like to become mods then fall out with them so forget my first post!

Aurora
I repeat the last time that we picked our mod we did a WONDERFUL job.

Trickster
How come noone voted for me?sad

Joke...

sauron
yes, i know last time we picked it wasnt exactly our finest hour
but kitoky was in all a good mod, removed what she should have, edited what she should have....all of it
if she hadnt have lied she would still be modding, so it was not our fault as to who we picked because imo we picked well

now i am just saying that we should think of who could maybe be our mods

raz may become aware of this thread and observe the members picked or some who were picked quite often and decide between them who should be mod

Aurora
That is not my point....

And on a side note it was Raz who opened this thread last time... he wanted the information..... as to right now he has not requested it. If he asks by all means I will tell him what I think but until then.......

Fėanor
^^agrees...we can still pick who we want...it doesn't mean it will be so as it will still be up to raz...and maybe he'll be a little hesitant of what happened before...but common sense will tell him to at least ask our opinions and weigh all available options that will be beneficial to all concerned parties...yeah?

sauron
basically we need a mod, the forum will get out of hand, raz is a reasonable guy and last time he asked our opinions and i believe he will want to know them again, this thread is gathering them early to save time as time is of the essence, did you know kmc gets about 50 new people a day, imagine all them making hello how hot is orli thread while we have no mod!

A.D. Skinner
Or other pointless threads for that matter. !

Yes, Sauron...I did read where you said in your original post that the final decision is up to Raz...but why create a thread that has nothing to do with LOTR...was not requested...and may not even mean anything in the end ???

Once again it will show to Raz that we are not even capable of keeping things buttoned down ourselves.

I do like the idea of having two threads...but therein lies a problem...

What if one Mod allows a thread...and the other doesn't...are we going to have then a shooting match between Mods as to who has the final sayso ?

What if one Mod is a Orli fan and the other isn't...could you imagine the Chaos ???? I could !!!!!

We should have kept this topic in the Tig Party...for it is off topic, and that is where all of our off topic conversations should go.

Exa
I think our last decision wasnt bad - absolutely not. Kit's "reign" definitely reduced spam and pointless thread by consequence (sometimes too much consequence stick out tongue ) and systematic novations.

It is Raz' decision, but I think as it really concerns our area, the members of the LoTR-forum should also be able to state their opinions? Last times he even made the thread for it himself ^^

Yep, that's true sad

laughing out loud
Is it just me or does that remind of a certain other thread laughing out loud

Hm I think as it's really concerning LoTR and our area it's not in the wrong place here

I think most of the members of this area fulfil the suggestions Sauron gave - each member's opinion is respected, everybody is online regularly and most users have an immense knowledge about Tolkien's world.
*hehee* the one who I think would be the absolutely perfect ideal moderator is Shadowy... but I'm not sure if she wants to be one.

Thanks for the nominations smile

sauron
no because the tig party progresses at such a rate that the discussion could be ten pages back by the end of the night,
this thread i never said would actually choose the mod if you look i said

'as the decision is ultimately up to raz and his council of mods no guarentees to the person we pick'

which i believe states that it may come to nothing, and that it is indeed not up to us, but i believe that if raz does see this he will take into account who we voted for, as he would like for us to have a mod we chose and respect, he wouldnt want a repeat would he stick out tongue

sauron
i just saw that exa, thank you love but i disagree with you when you say that the only reason for this is to hurt feelings of people, if your not nominated why would it upset you, its not an insult not to be nominated, i havent been and im not upset, bercause i know there are people here more worthy and who would do a better job at it than me

A.D. Skinner
Wow...and looky there...we have already managed to get off topic and it is only the 2nd page ! Wow...you put our heads together and we can make one big pile of Sh%T.

I really don't care what people think of me here or anywhere else. I am who I am, and if you don't like what I have to say...ain't no skin off my nose.

Seems like I am being bullied here ( with others using my own words against me ) and if that is how you all want to treat a friend ( or even if you don't consider me a friend ) so be it.

Obviously my opinion here does not count...and therefore I shall not speak it anymore !

Goodbye sad

sauron
i never said anything of the sort erik, this thread was created for us to decide who we would like to mod us, so raz could take this into consideration when choosing the person/s

nowhere was it said that you were not considered a friend as you know for a fact that you are my best friend and i have told you so (and vice versa) on many occasions,

dont think this thread is anything offensive, i know why you are upset and i am waiting for you to come onto msn so i can explain why i did this as i just did with aurora

dont be mad, sad, bad, be glad!

Fire
guys try and keep it civil, the question about who will be the new LOTR mod is being debatted by the moderators as we speak, I guess you will know in a few days

Aurora
If this is going to continue to be open lets at least try and keep it to the topic....

I think that s_b would make a good mod. She has always been a complete sweetheart to me.

sauron
i tried to keep it to the topic, but some people dont like the idea of this thread, so....i was merely trying to prove that it wasnt trying to hurt people, it was trying to help the place out

Camellia
No self-nominations? Really?

Darn.

Nienna
Europe: Exa, who is on like...all the time big grin
America: I have no clue...erm ...I guess AD

@Camellia, laughing out loud

Camellia
I resent that laugh!

Exa
Heeyahey plz stay...
Obviously your opinion DOES count otherwise it wouldnt have been discussed smile

Sauron -
With "yep" I didn't mean that this was the thread's _only_ purpose but that it might cause people feeling upset though this is absolutely not its intention

Nienna - smile

Fire
hate to disappoint you guys but I doubt you'll get two mods

Camellia
I really don't mind, as long as this thread gets sorted out and soon!!

sauron
cam why are 90% of your posts now dedicated to attacking threads

Syren
Hey guys, I know I don't spend much time here, but I'm gonna say a few words from an outsider's point of view, which may or may not be welcome.

First of all, I think this thread was an excellent idea, it shows initiative, and it also shows how much you all care about your Forum in that you would prefer to actually have a Mod (or two).

Secondly, with regard to the fact that you believe the choice should have nothing to do with you because of your apparent misjudgement over Kit, I think you're being too harsh on yourselves. Regardless of Kit's deceit, she did moderate very well, and did the best anyone could have done for the forum.

In particular, A.D, you are being extremely immature mate. Feeling bullied? I read the entire thread twice before writing this and didn't see any insults towards you, or anything that insunuated things against you at all.

Of course Raz will make the ultimate choice, but I truly believe he will be glad of the interest shown by most members, of the ideas you've come up with (about having two mods) and of the fact that you all are so upset by the Kit situation that you really don't want it to happen again.

Sorry if I've upset anyone, but I've given an unbaised opinion, hope it helps.

Nienna
That's ok with me, it was just an idea. smile

Camellia
They're not.
I'm not even going to bother to justify my views/opinions here.

If you don't like my opinions fine. The fact is, it DOES need to be tidied up.

I'm not attacking this thread so please don't accuse me of doing so.

(And to anyone else that thinks I'm so terribly wrong, please be assured that I'm not being rude or offensive)

Aurora
That was harsh. sad

sauron
thank you syren smile
and an outsiders point of view would be welcome and was welcome smile thakns again for it

Camellia
Thank you, Aurora.

Gullom
things are getting hot around here......

chill out guys....

Camellia
Like I said, I mean no offense.

I certainly did need intend to cause an argument. I was just voicing my views which were, I believe, perfectly reasonable and not in the least bit inappropriate.

sauron
i know that, but, your hardly on any moresad sad and when you do come on you normally only make one post and quite often its to say that a certain thread should be closed

Syren
Everyone's welcome to their views Camellia.

That's why I got away with it, I mean, I doubt many of you even know who I am and I've been here 8 months!! OTF Freak embarrasment

sauron
i know you smile you made the limeric in my sig stick out tongue

Nienna
I know who you are Sy big grin

@Cam, just like Syren said, you're welcome to your views, and I don't think you're crashing threads...no

We need to chill a little, ppl...*deep breath* Ahh...stick out tongue

Syren
eek!

Sauron, you put it in your sig???

love

*faints*

*gets up and back on topic*

I'd nominate me. It would be interesting, to say the least. The only things I know about LOTR are the male actors and that Gollum gives me nightmares big grin

Camellia
Um, sauron: I have NEVER made a thread about the forum or its problems. Never ever ever ever ever...ever.

I may have commented in a couple, but I've never made one myself. I think I've made about 14 in total, if that and they were all things concerning the films and books.

Anyway: something LotR related....um....Pippin is a particularly strapping lad.

Camellia
Thank you smile

sauron
yeah sad sorry about that can groups im just a lil upset currently as to the fact two of my best friends arent in too good a mood with me currently

Syren
He didn't say you'd made thread Cam, he said when you post it's usually to complain about threads.

But I don't know you or whether that's true, just clearing that up.

sauron
i never said you made a thread confused but i am not starting an argument, i have apologised...lets leave it at that? smile

Syren
Bye guys, going clubbing, FRIDAY!! toot

And i still nominate me big grin

((refer to above posts))

Camellia
Oops, misread that, Syren.

Aurora
And get back on topic......

sauron
Of course i put it in my sig, the thing is legendary sumns me up perfectly...especially the people think he is a moron bit as im not currently to popular with the people in power stick out tongue

anywhoo back to the topic yes,

Fire
guys dont continue this, A) it won't help forgive and forget, B) it's off topic

Nienna
I'm coming too, Sy...big grin

But yes, back on topic, this is a good thread, and I wouldn't like to see it get closed...no

Camellia
I know, I know. Sorry. I'll go now. Bye bye.

sauron
i dont believe it is off topic...well its not lotr related but i believe it should be in this forum, where viewers can see it, as not many perople from here venture into the other spaces of kmc

Nienna
No! You don't have to go! cry hug

But as to the topic: I think if we can't have two mods, then Exa would be the perfect mod, she knows much about LOTR and is wise in the closure (silly word stick out tongue) of threads... (the LOTR version of Phoe methinks big grin)

sauron
no dont go cam,

see- well i wont try to help the forum anymore then...as it turned out like this, so i shall just stay in tig should i?

Aurora
This is not getting back on topic if we keep hashing it out.......

Fire
sauron I didnt ment this thread, I ment you guys were no longer talking about the topic of this thread, namely who you ppl wanted to nominate for mod

Thorondor
yes!

sauron
ok ok
but i originally started this to help but it has caused some problems and it seems like i upset some people, which i didnt intend to do, two of which being very good friends of mine, if this thread is harmful to anybody in any way then please report it and it shall be closed,

-i was simply trying to help...sorry

Camellia
Indeed. Stop it, sauron. What in Middle-earth was that comment for?

And honestly, I think I had better go, before another argument ensues.

Farewell, I'm of to the land of LJ, where I worship hobbits and squeal over RPS.

Sorry for the inconvenience and waste of thread space!

Nienna
All right--

I think we should all stop posting off-topic things, transfer it to the Tig Party if you will. smile

I say that this thread is for nominating mod(s), and why they would be good. big grin

Fire
Thorondor that was uncalled for

Thorondor
it's called sarcasm blink

Fire
sorry mate my bad

Trickster
This thread has become just a giant bash thread now. Maybe a mod could delete all of topic posts and so the thread would go back to normal.

Also, I like AD! I don't want him to leave!

Thorondor
lol

Fire
noone reported it and personaly I haven't found any real bashing

Trickster
No, but it is kinda bashing, you have to agree. People have become upset. I think it's accidental, and now everyone involved is just angry.

Accidental bashingwink

sauron
it was accidental if i knew this would come out of this thread then i would not have created it,

Mr. Bacon
Aurora for mod !! stick out tongue

Fėanor
since my comp crashed already, i'll post here...Fire, your point is taken about two mods, it was an idea that seemed and still is somewhat valid...Syren, everyone no matter where they are is valued for their opinions on this forum...

but i hope raz will take into consideration some of the opinions and hopes stated here even if it's been decided who our new mod is...

Smodden
I have arrived...

How do you respond to such a topic?
Poop pety people...left to govern themselves...without a leader...someone to take them by the hand and guide them safly thru the dangers of the forum...Alas our waters are plagued with spam...Our towns and cities over-run with orli-fan girl threads...and we are still on our way to total ruin...

But not all has gone wrong...we have learned many things thru our trials and tribulations...and will come out stronger and beter than before. We will conquor our enemys, and live as we once did in peace and hapiness...when Mod reigned...and showered our forum with blessings and treasure and guidance and counsil...

Sadly our most gracious mod has left...and no longer has the power to guide us...The time has indeed come. A time to call up a new Mod, for we cannot be left as we are...with no one to go ahead of us and make straight paths....for our way is crooked...and wayward.

Fools will fight for their right to be a mod...and many will claim to be the chosen one...Idiots they are; and cowards...Do you not know Almighty Raz appoints you...the chosen one, to be a mod...and that none can take on the burden themselves...for you must be chosen, then you must accept the choice, whether it be for ill or no....

So i ask you...people, Consider your ways carefully and be not quick to judge others...or to deal out the thoughts of your mind, as soon as they enter your head...think carefully...for these days are to be the days when all is decided....and we take a new journey, beeing guided by someone who is yet to be revealed...who will lead us into a rythmic melody of enchanting power and might, to the end of the age...and he will not let us fall.

sauron
smodden you rock at your speeches big grin

Trickster
Although I enjoyed the 'idiots' bit stick out tongue

A.D. Skinner
So Sauron...are you tallying the votes ???

Rather than Raz having to read 5 pages worth of dribble...bet he would like to see a total...

...wouldn't you ?

sauron
well no as there were hardly any votes, because some people turned this into an argument....which has resulted in aurora completely falling out with me, you not being in the best of moods with me, me offending cam

well last time i try to help

Aurora
Sauron I have not completely fallen out with u, and if i have it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!!!!

Camellia
How about a poll?

Can you do that?

Camellia
Oh, oops. Forget you read that, and this for that matter. I'm not here! stick out tongue

Kitoky
blink

Okay, calm down guys....calm down..

Trickster
Too late. Lets just drop the matter, and if Raz asks we can direct him to the thread.

Aurora
Please Lets Stay ON topic.....

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
I vote for Aurora and AD...they know this place like the back of their hands!! They wouldn't let things get sloppy, out of hand or anything! They wouldn't lie to us, or fake things, they are very helpful on here they know alot about lord of the rings, and they are just overall wonderful people. I vote ad and aurora

Mr. Bacon
*sprays with iced tea*

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
*runs out of here, caus this isn't the right thread for tha*

A.D. Skinner
At this point...I want nothing to do with the Mod position

ash007
hey lets just keep Kes i like her she is a Global Mod and so far she is doing a good job at moding.

Nienna
Yes, but Kes can't be modding LOTR and watching all of the other forums. We need a mod of our own.

Smodden
afro2

thanx...smile

tassie
Can I still vote??? I'd vote Exa... i havent read back so i dont know if she minds being voted for, but she's on alot, and we all know she's an expert at lotr, and i believe she'd be a great mod... she was close to becoming mod last time, if Kit wasnt chosen

^^so, there's my vote

Smodden
didn't exa say she didn't want to be one...or maybee that was a dream...blink...if it was...forget that...

our fate will be decided soon...

*where's maik?*...lol*he told me a little song he used to sing all the time...*

Discos
browses to see if anyone voted for discos shifty

lol anyways, lets think serious....it can be narrowed down to a selection of few people which many people will totally agree on me with...

Shadowy_blue
Sauron
Exa
Feanor
AD Skinner

Discos - take others into account as well, the "muscle" of the forum - smodden,thorondor....and that good ole chap Discos smile

Smodden
yup, can't forget the muscle...lol

but all joking aside...when will we reach a decision?

The forum is in need...

Nienna
She did say that, but now I think she will be doing it...smile

A.D. Skinner
I don't think I saw anyone vote for you Discos...sorry no

Though I do recall a few votes for Aurora that you have missed...you must not have gone back to the beginning to see those. Easy mistake.

Discos
erm, ask raz i suppose but that yon dude says a few days.....i applied to be mod of the james bond thread though lol...

Discos - rejected i was

Smodden
discos, like yoda he talks.....

lol j/k

Discos
lol cheeky AD,

I am not looking for votes, I just want peace and immunaty....i think,

Discos - I shall be the Lt. baby

Smodden
and i WANT IMORTALITY!!!!!!

and i shall take it....

ok off topic...now i suppose i should get on topic again...so as not to break the rules of the oh so dear forum

A.D. Skinner
Don't worry about breaking the rules Smod....seems like it happens here all the time nowadays !!!!

Smodden
*gives ad mug of ale*

yup...now if we only had a mod....grrrr

A.D. Skinner
*gives smod mug of ale*

Cheers mate !!! May our new mod be trustworthy and true !!!!

I have to go now unfortunately...I am taking the misses out to dinner and a movie. I will talk to you all tomorrow !

Trickster
And this is unfortunate? stick out tongue

Cya!

Tex
This place needs a mod who likes to flash the whip! naughty

whip

I would volunteer but I only whip for pleasure! smokin'

stick out tongue

Thorondor
Votes against tex lol

*doesn't like bondage*

j/k

Nienna
AD--please stop stirring this subject back up. Most people do not want to hear about this anymore, including myself.

@Tex, noooo not the whips! stick out tongue

BackFire
This thread is pointless, it will have absolutely no effect on who actually gets the mod job. Plus hardly anyone is voting, all I really see is petty arguments.

lil bitchiness
Indeed!

I think BackFire should moderate this forum evil face mwahaha.

Aurora
Exactly my point from page one....

Mr. Bacon
im on a fast computer hooray

Aurora
Of course we need a diva around here...diva

Mr. Bacon
laughing out loud

A.D. Skinner
Thank you BackFire...I agree that this thread was pointless from the beginning and stated the fact that this would be a decision needed to come from Raz himself.

§pearhead
Whoever thought KMC was a democracy was sadly mistaken ninja

A.D. Skinner
laughinglaughing

Well that would be the thread starter !

§pearhead
Calling it a Republic would be a stretch, but it's more that than anything else wacko

Tex
Besides, we pretty much know who the new mod is, mum's the word! whistle

lil bitchiness
And it will!! eek!

I still think BF should mod this place...for like a month or two!! evil face

Tex
BF=hitler

evil face

Aurora
Hummm that would be....... interesting.... confused

Tex
My god, who are those horrible burn victims in your avatar Aurora? eek!

evil face

stick out tongue

wink

Aurora
Hummm you are not the only one who likes to inflict pain around here evil face

lil bitchiness
I actually think it would be super fantastical!! happy

Interesting too, very interesting in fact! stick out tongue

Tex
No one cares what you think! stick out tongue

Aurora
Now now, who is getting this topic ummm well off topic???? blink

lil bitchiness
Go away Tex! roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
In fact, maybe you should mod LOTR!

Tex tends to go on a closing/banning sprees from time to time! stick out tongue

Tex
Mod this dump!?!

Pahlease! schmoll

I'm not interested!

My time is taken up ignoring the TV and Computer/VideoGames Forums, I wouldn't have time to ignore a third! stick out tongue

laughing out loud

shifty

Aurora
awwww Ignore us, Ignore us!!!! Then we can lay bets on how many Orli threads we can get in a week!!!!!!!!! I could make tons of money stick out tongue

Syren
laughing

I see the Mod Crew have made their feelings known.

Didn't take very long did it? whistle

lil bitchiness
Oh please. Tex is just being a drama queen! He loooooves the attention!

Just compliment him in some way, if you wanna get arround Tex. stick out tongue

Tex
Compliments and flattery will get you everywhere! zorro

Aurora
Oh Tex... How do I flattery thee... Let me count the ways...... ummmmmmm confused

lil bitchiness
Well it wont get me anywhere, since Tex sees right through me, ive passed that stage, when i decided to go against the Diva. stick out tongue

But the rest of you, still have a chance...

Aurora
Yes... I guess I have to work my way up to be a rebel stick out tongue

sauron
and you guys said i got this thread off topic ninja

A.D. Skinner
laughing out loud

Yes we did !

sauron
stick out tongue

A.D. Skinner
So where should we take this thread now ???

sauron
well seeing as it was said they pretty much now know who it will be, i say we let it melt back into the pot of evil from whence it came

A.D. Skinner
Hmm, we are just gonna let it be ???

Can we do that ? I mean...to just let this be ?

sauron
well what do you propose?

A.D. Skinner
Hmm, not to sure...I mean...with a thread title like this...we could put a very strange twist to this.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>