Good genre films........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
films that may not be that popular...or be considered "genre classics".....what movies do you guys think fit the bill?

My picks are:

The Changeling
Burnt Offerings
C.H.U.D.
Piranha

They may not be the best films in the world.........but when you have a few free hours on a Sat. afternoon they sure do make for some good watching.

tabby999
i'm sorry, i need you to outline what you mean by "genre film." i know what genre means but you'll have to clariffy this term for me. ok, so i'm a little slow

Evil Dead
A genre film is a film that is made soley to appeal to the fans of a certain genre, not that mainstream at large. They are usually small/B movies because they are made to appeal to a small number of people.

the exorcist...........not a genre film. Was made for every person in the world to watch...........could probably be classified as a drama just as easily as it could be classified as a horror film.

The Evil Dead..........genre film. Was made soley to appeal to horror fans. It's not a half horror/half action..........half horror/half comedy.........half horror/half drama..........all out horror film.

BackFire
Evil Dead

Dawn of the Dead

Dog Soldiers

Return of the Living Dead

Last House on the Left

CandyMan

Dead Alive

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Henry - Portrait of a Serial Killer

Zombie

Pumpkinhead

tabby999
then Undead. i love that movie

samhain
I'm not too sure that Dog Soldiers fits the bill BF, it was huge over here in England and got quite a bit of marketing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.