Why are the best songs never on the radio?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§pearhead
I'll buy albums from bands, and the songs that are played on the radio are never as good as the other songs on the CD. What's the reason?

If you want examples, I'll give you some. Cold, Shinedown, Ill Nino, Lacuna Coil, and Spineshank.

And that's not even mentioning bands that you don't hear on the radio erm

Darth Revan
That's not always true... But it is funny how they tend to overlook a lot of great songs..

lil bitchiness
''Radio plays what they want you to hear''

stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
yea, they never play the good metallica or nirvana songs! they only re-play Teen spirit or Sandman

BackFire
Because people who listen to the radio are morons.

Kaleanae
yes

total metalhead
''They tell me it's cool, I just don't believe it''

RBF know what they're talking about yes

ElectricBugaloo
because your opinions differ from those of the people who choose the singles.

total metalhead
I can think of a couple of albums where the single was the best track. Good albums too.

Df02
depends on the bands...come bands release singles that are most radio-freindly, some release the best song on the album....some dont release singles at all..

quiball
"best" is a subjective word. and your best is different from the best of the people who choose songs for radio stations

MF D00m
I agree 100%, but you need to stop putting people down, lol.

StinkFist462
no old school tool songs from Undertow or Aenima play on my radio station ( 93X ) only Schism and LAteralus .... maybe ... Stinkfist or Aenima ..... but those last maybe once a yaer

Darth Jello
a lot of it has to do with clear channel and other examples of runamuck media consolidation. slip enough bills into a congressman's ass and he'll forget that according to the law, the airwaves belong to the people.
this isn't a problem in places like england where at one point you could hear the dead kennedys and sonic youth on top 40 radio

BackFire
Nah, it's fine.

StinkFist462
laughing out loud ?

MF D00m
Backfire was gonna ban me because I called somebody an idiot, and now he's calling people morons.Go figure.

BackFire
Big difference, you're attack was aimed directly at a member of these forums, my statement was not aimed at any particular member, nor any members at all.

lil bitchiness
You go girl!! big grin

Pfft, radio sucks....i cant think of a radio station that is actually good, or playing what people what to hear.

MF D00m
What about the members that DO listen to the radio??I'm sure there are some.

MF D00m
...and i'm sure if I went in a country thread or whatever, and said whoever listens to country is a moron, there would be a problem.Probably get banned.

StinkFist462
i guess ... but what about all the people who make all these .... Crap Rap threads .. shouldnt they get banned or warned .. or does Backfire agree with them ?

lil bitchiness
A bashing would be if its directed at a paticular member. BackFire direced it at no one spacificly.

finti
tells something about the majority of listeners and their musical prefrences.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.