80's remakes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
What are some good covers of songs from the 80s? My friend and I want to get some more.

2 great ones that we have already are Marylin Manson-Tainted Love and Dope-Spinny Round.

ElectricBugaloo
Gary Jules--Mad/World

one of the greatest covers ever

BOPRecruit 16
who originally sang "don't dream it's over" which was redone by sixpence none the richer?

Myth
What about some more up beat songs. Those 2 are good in their style but I want to know some that are rock.

RebelPhoenix
Hmm 80's remakes....

Marilyn also did a cover of Sweet Dreams (are made of these) by the Eurythmics btw and so did Pink but I can't remember if that's 80's or early 90's.

Others:
Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) - Pearl Jam
Paint it Black (The Rolling Stones) - Glen Tipton (Judas Priest guitarist)
Smooth Criminal (MJ) - Alien Ant Farm
Young Americans (David Bowie) - Cure
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who) - Limp Bizkit
It's My Life (Talk Talk) - No Doubt
Don't Fear the Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult) - Goo Goo Dolls
The Model (Kraftwerk) - Rammestein

StinkFist462
Dont Fear the reaper - HIM

total metalhead
Firstly, that song was written in the 70's, secondly, the Limp Bizkit remake was possibly the worst cover version of all time. They slaughtered it like a pig.

StinkFist462
yes

big gay kirk
Try the Tori Amos covers LP, "Strange Little Girls..." it contains great versions of the Stranglers "Strange Little Girl," Tom Waits "Time", Lloyd Coles' "Rattlesnakes" Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence," Joe Jacksons "Real Men" and Saxon's "Raining Blood," as well as an Eminem cover and a few more...

RebelPhoenix
I never said I liked it, I at first wrote Limp Dickshit because that's what I think of them but then changed it because I realised that it's just my opinion and I don't know the person who started the thread and they might like them and I'm not the type of person to be rude for no reason. I was just listing all the ones i could think of, honestly - nice to know you picked the one you disliked to have a go at and totally ignored mentioning the rest roll eyes (sarcastic)

RebelPhoenix
^Forgot to mention, you're right about the date though - I realise now that it was a part of their hugely successful 70's lexicon and not released in the 80's, my mistake.

total metalhead
I didn't say anything about you liking or disliking it. Nothing in my post was critical of you or your opinions (since you didn't give any). I was simply stating my opinion on the one particular part of your list I felt the need to comment on, as you do in public forums.

And please feel free to call them Limp Dickshit.

RebelPhoenix
Ah I see, I'm sorry, I'm misinterpreted the tone as an aggressive one...

...and I will wink

finti
indeed

finti
Crowded House had the original, this one has also been covered by Paul Young too, didnt give it credit though

Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) - Pearl Jam
Paint it Black (The Rolling Stones) - Glen Tipton (Judas Priest guitarist)
Smooth Criminal (MJ) - Alien Ant Farm
Young Americans (David Bowie) - Cure
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who) - Limp Bizkit
It's My Life (Talk Talk) - No Doubt
Don't Fear the Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult) - Goo Goo Dolls
The Model (Kraftwerk) - Rammestein

Actually it is only "Its my Life" and "Smoothe Criminal" that are songs from the 80`s here, the rest is from the 70`s except "paint it Black" which is from 1966..............just to get technical cool

RebelPhoenix
Eek that's it I'm staying away from answering questions about music in the 80's, since it seems I know more about 70's stuff instead lol (well unless I prove to myself first that I definitely know something is 80's stick out tongue )

ElectricBugaloo
..smells like teen spirit was from 1992

Kaleanae
^Well, the release date was September 24, 1991

StinkFist462
wow ...i didnt know that song was that old

finti
indeed it was, I stand corrected smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.