LOTR TV Series?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roisinmc32
Ok.. not sure what way to take this but check it out... its from TORn:

LOTR TV Series?
Xoanon @ 1:27 pm EST

Take this report from SFcrowsnest.com with a 20 pound bag of salt: We've been tipped off that the legal and ownership issues which surround the Lord of the Rings have come under an intense round of negotiation as a significant unnamed party - said not to be Peter Jackson in this instance - work towards a new multi-million dollar per episode television series set in Tolkien's Middle Earth. The working name of the project is TOME - Tales of Middle Earth - and the proposed timeline is the years following the events in The Hobbit, but prior to The Lord of the Rings trilogy. One of the main points that need resolution is whether Peter Jackson should get first dibs on a movie adaption of The Hobbit, or whether the TOME project should be allowed to develop the children's book as a movie prior to the launch of any television series set in Middle Earth.

So what do you guys think?... thats if it happens!

§pearhead
Horrible idea. Whenever a movie tries to get put into a TV series it gets butchered.

shadowy_blue
^I second that.

But it still doesn't mean I wouldn't watch it. stick out tongue I'll probably watch some episodes to see how they are doing, I'll give it a chance. I wouldn't be able to stop the fanatic in me. big grin

But if they're really horrible, then forget it.

A.D. Skinner
I agree with S_B...this is a horrible idea that I think will flop if made a reality...

Hopefully this is not NBC trying to make up for Friends !!! laughing out loud

roisinmc32
Yeah i agree!

I really dont believe that a tv series could do it any justice!! It would be all too rushed and probably cheesy!!

The stories are classic... this would only ruin 'em!!

§pearhead
The other alternative is that it wouldn't be rushed and viewers would be annoyed as things get cut off at critical points.

All in all, it would end up as nothing more than a soap opera.

roisinmc32
Oh.. dear...God...Nooooooo!!!!
Not a soap opera!!!!! eek! eek!

*keeping fingers crossed that it doesnt happen*

Aurora
If you watch TTT comentary PJ says at the end that New Line would probally do a tv show. I mean how could they pass up an opportunity to profitt more from LOTR. I personally think that it will be a bad idea, but who knows they could surprise us all........ big grin

sauron
well it does say multi million per episode, so it cant be too bad

unless they have like big cardboard cutouts and toys of dinosaurs for dragons and stuff.....

A.D. Skinner
Do you think the fans of LOTR would accept it at this point ?

I mean...will we accept any other actor than Elijah to play Frodo, or any other actor than Viggo to play Aragorn ???

Discos
oh yuk....no! its always theother way about

tv series into movies

Discos - SGT. Bilko worked fine

A.D. Skinner
Says who ??? laughing out loud

Discos
me miffed

A.D. Skinner
Well alright...I like Steve Martin...so that is cool !

I don't think LOTR TV Series is such a hot idea...I think it might flop..and cause a lot of people to form opinions about such

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.