Marvel Battles :Spidey vs.Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asian Hulk
Thor can fight Spiderman.because Thor tried to attack Spidey's life.when the villainous Doc Ock attack Thor.and Spidey got mad to his arch-nemesis to kill Thor.

Magee
ermmm if u mean a Spiderman vs Thor battle then Thor would win this one. His strength and speed far outclass spiderman and with his hammer wich i dont know how to spell lol i dont think spiderman stands a chance.

norrin radd

SuperNova
This is dumb, she cant type right... Her first thread I think she was trying to explain WHY they would fight each other, Thats not what you do!

Thor would crush his lilly ass.
So would Venom, And he would eat his brains.

eleveninches
Is this meant to be a joke??

Thor whoop that little spiders a$$

Arachnoidfreak
yea, Spiderman is way outclassed here.

Maelstrom
Well now, Spiderman beat Juggernaut, so mabey he could trap Thor underwater or something.

wolverine8888
ok hulk beat thor be for and thor never beaten hulk. spiderman beat hulk so looking at past events I would say spiderman would win

Never
If anyone seriously thinks Spiderman can beat Hulk, Thor, or Juggernaut they are sniffing way too much Ajax.

Arachnoidfreak
LMFAO laughing

Linkalicious
a lightning bolt would fry him crispy

Maelstrom
Course spidey would web him up like he did Juggy in X-force 14-15. If someone can come up with soft adamantium that should go to spidy for his webbing.

SuperNova
Spidey IS TOASTED, God damnit maelstorm you always try to defend what everyone says will loose! His webbing isnt even half as strong as Venom's and bealive me, it would be broken by thor easily!

Maelstrom
First of all SN, God has nothing to do with me.
Second, I don't care what it looks like, i stick to my preferences. I enjoy a good fight when spidey faces juggernaut. Of course Juggernaut could squish him like a bug. But the hope is that when the two face under the proper conditions, ultimite included (that is the kind they use to determine strength level), that it is a good fight. You on the other hand seem to be of the mind to erase certian conditions due to your own convienince. To bad, there goes a team of superheros every time you underestimate for your own amusment.
By the time your done there will be no superpowered people left in your life. Then you can do the same thing to yourself and youll be gone to.

SuperNova
Dude... there isnt any super powered people in my life... there may be in yours but that would just proove pot is avaible freely now. Venom, is my favorite character, and he always will be, others I dont care to much for besides lobo juggernaut and blade.
What you seem to fail to understand, is that even under my "Underestimating" of chracters, Im still right. Theres no way in bajesus that spidey would be able to take down thor, Sure, he could HURT him, but webbing wouldnt do much to him! And you said it ranks up there with admantium, Well, its half as strong as venom's and venom's doesnt even rank up with it, So...
Sorry I was mean to you Maelstrom, But honestly, spidey is no match for thor!
Sorry man!

Linkalicious
did you say free pot? shifty

Maelstrom
I don't play off what other people say, i have my own ideas and formulate them by myself. If you don't like what i have to say, don't comment on it or do, but when you open your own mouth, don't expect to have the world bow down at your smelly feet.
No heros in your life. What are you on this site for then.
Adamntium as strong as his webbing. You need help with your eye movement obviously. Bad eye movement is a fault of self and can be seen by the way you interpert what is there. I said if someone came up with soft adamantium they should give it to spidy. Mabey they could give him a special venom that he has to sink into the person to make the bond between ada. web. and person melt. Also someone should come up with a procedure that would allow spider man to produce webbing then enhance it to adamantium. Now that would be cool. Today spiderman may lose to thor but with a simple difference spidermans potential could trounce him.

SuperNova
Wouldnt you like to know? cool

Red Superfly
Spiderman would put webbing in Goldylocks hair and he'd run off to cut it out ("Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God!"wink but Spiderman would have replaced his scissors with a carniverous earwig, which would eat Thor's brain.

Spiderman.

SuperNova
... OK... AND THAT POST prooves theres even MORE pot readily availible.

Jason420
supernova will you shut the hell up none gives a rats ass about venom in this thread

eleveninches
I think he's funny

FrothByte
thor would probably throw down his hammer, fight spidey with one arm behind his back... no sorry, thats 2 hands and a foot tied behind his back. then use his one leg to jump and ram spidey in the chest and crack open his rib cage.

Linkalicious
That's a bit far fetched. Spidey would kick his ass under these conditions.

Maelstrom
Honestly also with spideys early warning system and superspeed and agility and wall crawling, it doesn't much matter how fast the opponent is spidey can just know not to be standing in a certian place at a certian time and has the moves to get there.
If you knew lightning was about to strike and all you had to do was jump to avoid it you would jump. Now if Thor ever got his hands on spiderman close up which is hard to do, spidey has gone toe to toe with Juggernaut at close range, but if and when he did it would be squashed like a bug.

Linkalicious
Spidey's too quick for Juggy up close....kinda like how they made Wolvie too quick for Hulk up close in their battles.

But Thor is much quicker and would probably nail Spidey right in the chest Mojinor (sp?) I still hold that Spidey would whip Thors ass if Thor had both hands and a foot tied behind him.

who?-kid

wolverine8888
ok thor can't beat hulk and spiderman has beaten hulk so i would give spiderman the more likly one in winning this fight

FrothByte
errr.... i was talking about thor with the odin force

JuggernautFan
well as rescently as 2000, spiderman has managed to hurt hulk. once, spiderman clashed with thor, and thor stated something like "spiderman is really pouring on the speed" as spiderman hit thor from every angle. spiderman can hold his own for a little bit, but eventually the raw power of hulk and thor would drop him. if he continued an assault.

Never
Um, that is why I said if anyone thinks Spiderman can >>>>>>BEAT<<<<< any of the above, not annoy or hold his own for a bit.

Wynndar
I agree with Never...anyway..can any of u spidey fans explain how spidey could hurt Thor....cua even if all of Thor's limbs were tied behind his back....Spidey just doesnt have enough strength to scrath Thor...Never, speaking of ajax....who would win Jugs or Ajax?

who?-kid

Godstalker
I agree with you. Sidey is a bad motha but can he defeat a f-5 tornadoe, or a hurricane created by thor? He just can't win against someone with that kind of power.

Godstalker
Spiderman is way out of his league. Thor wouldn't have to lay a hand on him. Not even spiderman can stand up against a ****ing f-5 tornadoe created by thor, or a sudden blizzard that dropped the temperture down to absolute zero. Spiderman need to continue to fight low level villians like doc-ock, vulture, lizard, and leave the heavy hitters to beings with class 100 strength, invulnerabilities, etc.

who?-kid

SuperDarryl
Anyone who thinks that Spiderman could win a fight against Thor should be banned from Comic discussion.

Anyone who knows anything about comic books, knows that Thor is a much badder azz then Spiderman. Thor would wipe Spidermans azz all over the place in any condition. Thor is to powerful, quicky, agile, whatever. He outclasses Spiderman on every level.

One Way Thor could beat down Spiderman is just strike him with lightning repeatedly. Another way is hit him with his hammer one time. Or create a tornado and suck him up into it. I can think of plenty of ways that Thor cen beat down Spiderman. Even in a hand to hand wrestling match, Thor would beat him down without his hammer. Thor with his hammer could basically splatter Spiderman. smile

Now with all that having been said, I still like Spiderman, and still respect his skills. But when people post ludacrious reply's to a Ludacrious post, I can't help but to contribute my spin on the convo. Thor vs. Spiderman, Thor would win 20 out of 20 times. yes bunny

Linkalicious
how effective will lightning and tornades be if Spiderman is mere feet away from Thor?

Are you telling me his own Lightning and Tornadoes have no effect on him? As for the hammer...if this was a comic, do you really see Spidey taking a direct shot?

Thor may outclass Spiderman in speed, but Spiderman's definitly quicker than Thor.

That being said....Thor still beats him to within an inch of his life and then leaves him for dead.

VENOMfan
There is a differnece between beating a well matched adversary and pitting a regular superhero((albiet a great one)) against a god.

Thor would eventually beat Spider, yeah thats a given. go ahead pat yourself on the back for realizing this.

care to compare character? heart? courage?

who?-kid
So much for freedom of speech (just a joke, SuperDarryl wink).

Not true, far from it. Spider-Man is quicker, more agile and smarter than Thor. And I think he's also more strong-willed than Thor and is at least as courageous.

I disagree. With his hammer, Thor has like 99 % chance to win. Without his hammer, I would say 2 out of 3 times. I admit it's a guessing game, but I really believe that, without Mjolnir, Spidey has a fair chance. He just has to hit Thor with everything he's got, just like he did with Firelord, and trusting on his reflexes/spider-sense. And maybe the old web-in-the-eyes-trick could work on Thor too, who knows...

But now I'm going to stop to defend Spider-Man, or people will take me for a third-rate blinded fan-boy. But granted, I'm a Spidey-fan.

Thor wins stick out tongue.

FrothByte
thor without his hammer? he'd still win 20 times out of 20 matches. ofcourse if it was written in comics they will most probably write it so that spidey wins a couple of the fights, just so that he won't look like a total push over. but honestly guys, do you really think that a 10 class spidey can seriously hurt a 100 class god? sure spidey has his agility and quickness, which would enable him to give a pretty good match up to powerhouses like hulk and juggernaut (take note, hulk is fast when jumping, not quick). but this is thor, and thor is in his own right quite agile and quick.

spidey maybe more agile and quicker, but not by that much. plus thor has more hand to hand prowess. Honestly, if it was on paper thor would only need a few minutes to beat up spidey even without his hammer.

Linkalicious
nah we both agree that Thor would win, but in a comic or based on their character...Spidey would get some good shots in before he got bashed into mush.

SuperDarryl
Spidey is cool, but he is just and enhanced human with class 10 or at the most class 15 strength. Like someone else mentioned Thor is a God, class 100 strength. He stood toe-to-toe with the incredible Hulk and held his own, even though he lost most of the matchs. Spiderman could not handle a full forced blow to the head from The Hulk, what makes you think that Spiderman could handle a full forced blow from Thor. Thor could splatter Spiderman with his hammer, lighting, or even a right hook. Knock him unconcious and beat him into a coma. Seriously, lets get a fair posting on Spiderman battle. mad

Wynndar
who kid:....why r u bringing up high powered villains that spiderman only beat because he had the alien symbiote....i should also mention that alien symbiote spiderman seemed more powerful than either venom or carnage by the way...in his fight with firelord he was portrayed as virtually invulnerable and probably had like superhuman 100 class strength in his berserk beat down of the herald of Galactus...someone like firelord who can survive decompression and the tremors of space...survive the heat of a star...engage the silver surfer in combat?...yes writers made him far superior to the present day symbiotes....i said spidey couldnt inflict injury on Thor...this is probably true...on the alien planet during secret wars...Thor was outside in a super alien planet thunderstorm where the raindrops were landing with the force of 44 Magnum bullets...and Thor jus looked like he didnt even notice it...thus...if regular spiderman, without the symbiote, struck Thor, I doubt he would be able to injure him...even if he gave him everything he had....considering how Thor has been hit with sh** that would kill a character like Rhino, and not even slowed down...u underestimate Thor if u say he could be harmed by spidey

who?-kid
No no, I don't underestimate our friend Thor, but I know he's not invulnerable. And I do believe that, without his hammer, Spider-Man has got a rather fair chance beating Thor. When written right, Thor shouldn't even be able to touch Spider-Man, just like Firelord and Titania couldn't lay a finger on him (or hardly). On paper, these two are so much stronger and tougher, but when it comes down to fighting Spider-Man, they got their ass kicked. When Spider-Man goes berserk, watch out smile.

I only mentioned some of the villains of Spider-Man because somebody said that Spidey should stick to the low-level villains. Being a Spider-Man fan, I felt obligated to point out that some of the enemies of Spider-Man are by no means low-level villains. Far from it. That's why I summed up (some) of the enemies of Spidey.

But I think you're mistaken when you bring up the old black & white costume, you know, the symbiotic freak. This costume did not augment his powers, not in the least. It only came in handy when turning into Peter Parker, or because he didn't need to refill his webshooters, or when his costume worked as a filter against poisonous gases. Those kind of things...

But it did not make him stronger, or more agile, or faster, or smarter, or more courageous or whatever. The costume only made Brock stronger and gave him superpowers, but not Spider-Man.

And most (all ?) of the heavyweights he fought, he fought without the costume. And certainly when he beat Firelord. Don't forget he has worn the infamous costume for only a very short time.

VENOMfan
Spidey is suprisingly dangerous when he goes crazy. when he fought Lizard to the death and broke his neck I was thinkin WHOA

Wynndar
hahahaha.....what the F**k r u talking about, spiderman DID have the symbiote costume when he fought firelord...it did increase his powers, if u disagree then u r just ignorant or a fan boy; how could class 10 blows hurt someone who can fly into a star?...ignorant...firelord has taken blows from DRAX!!!! the symbiote obviously improved him, later on, the writers put a limit on the symbiote, but only after they put it on Brock....ok man...ima drop some new knowledge on u...Thor is faster than spiderman...he is a God, not a human like titania, that was a horrible example (on ur part)....he has superhuman speed, and is faster than any earthling, even the Hulk....only guys like quicksilver may have faster FOOTSPEED (maybe)...check out the old marvel universe directories that explained every category of a character...Thor is on the same speed level as Silver Surfer, superhuman(not including flight speed)....and he would swat the shit out of spiderman, Mjolnir or not...he would still be virtually invulnerable to spidey...if u disagree with me i would like for u to disprove my comments....dont even talk about ur own opinion again....tell me how spiderman wasnt improved by the symbiote but knocked out firelord???....but firelord has taken blows from Drax, a guy who is stronger than the Hulk!!!????....firelord is a herald of galactus, he cannot be harmed from conventional injury...if Spidey could knock him out he could knock out Herc, or Ironclad, or Juggernaut, etc, anyone on that level of durability...if u want to argue, explain how he managed to do this with class 10 strength, other than saying " I like him a lot and he is really kool!"

who?-kid
Sigh...

Wrong. All wrong. Really, you should read the comic before arguing.

I'm not going to make fun of you (though it doesn't bother you trying to do the same thing with me), but I easily could. You're lucky I'm too much a nice guy for such childish behavior.

Without realizing it, you mentioned yourself how strong Spider-Man really is, especially when he goes berserk.

Why is Titania a bad example ? And Thor is not faster than Spider-Man. I know he can transport himself faster than Spider-Man, granted, but his reflexes and agility are below those of Spider-Man.

Again, you ARE underestimating Spider-Man. See the picture below for details about the defeat of Firelord (sorry for the bad quality, not my doing). Spidey COULD take out a hammerless Thor the same way, but like I stated a million times before, he would probably lose. But it is a possibility.

No, he did NOT wear the symbiote costume. I've got a hint for you, my friend : it's not because he wears a black costume that it has to be the symbiote. When Spider-Man got rid of his "cursed" costume, he wore a handmade costume that looked exactly like it, but of course, without the powers. It was just his black and white outfit he wore when fighting Firelord, nothing more. But he was NOT wearing the symbiote !

And no, the symbiote didn't augment his powers, apart for the "options" I mentioned in my previous message.

Something else: Spider-Man only wore his symbiote for a very short time. All the villains I listed some time ago, he faced without his costume, or certainly most of them ! And even if he did, it did not make him significantly stronger !

Conclusion: at the same time I stayed polite AND proved that you're mistaken. I really hate it when somebody thinks you made a mistake and immediately starts insulting (ignorant, fan-boy...).

who?-kid
Euhm, Wynndar, still there ? If you just admit you were wrong, we can forget the whole thing and discuss something better wink.

Wynndar
no i admit im wrong....i have the issue but i did not know he was just wearing a black and white costume....i dont have good continuity of spiderman issues from this period so i missed out on that fact...but still firelord is not as strong or durable as Thor...only about class 50 ton strength as far as i know...where Thor is past the 100 ton level ...but i definitely appologize for my ignorance of the black spidey costume...i thought the firelord battle was when he realized he needed to do something about it, because of how frightening his strength was and how much damage he had caused...at the end of the fight it looked like the Hulk and Thing had gone 12 rounds

Spider-Dan
I like the comment Captain America makes when the Avengers break up the fight. Captain America says something like "I never knew Spider-Man was that strong!".

Anyway, the fight between Spider-Man and Thor would most probably end with Thor as the victor. Spider-Man would no doubt put up a very good fight. If Spider-Man needed to win the fight (i.e. lives were in danger), I would have to give the fight to Spider-Man. It would probably end in the same way as the fight with Firelord. Berserker Spider-Man is pretty hard to beat.

Linkalicious
Thor is faster than Spiderman....true.

Spiderman is QUICKER than Thor....also true.

Please remember that speed and quickness are two different things.

FrothByte
if you want to talk about berserker spiderman, lets also put in a berserker thor. lets all keep it fair. yes spiderman is quicker than thor and has faster reflexes... but not by that much that thor won't be able to keep up with him. i agree with wynndar on saying that spidey has got no chance in seriously hurting thor despite his strongest blows.

Arachnoidfreak
when Thor had Warrior's Madness, he was practiacally unstoppable...i dont remember how many people it took to get him down, but it was something like Silver Surfer, Thanos, and the entire Infinity Watch.

CorderaMitchell
Thor looks better on paper, Hulk is a class 100 lifter andfor the last time
Spidey is not an ENHANCED OR PEAK CHARACTER BUT SUPERHUMAN.

Draco69
The fact that this reached 3 pages justly shows how overrated Spidey is...

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by FrothByte
if you want to talk about berserker spiderman, lets also put in a berserker thor. lets all keep it fair. yes spiderman is quicker than thor and has faster reflexes... but not by that much that thor won't be able to keep up with him. i agree with wynndar on saying that spidey has got no chance in seriously hurting thor despite his strongest blows.

Spiderman is not faster than Thor by any stretch of the imagination.

leonidas
as for berserker spidey - spidey went truly berserk on hulk (when he thought he lost mj) and hulk just . . . stood there. spideys fists and hands were all beat up, but hulk never really even felt any of the blows. thor is NOT as durable as hulk, but he is immortal and is pretty close. sorry who-kid, even a berserk spidey couldn't do it - even to a hammer-less thor. and even without the hammer, thor is still god of thunder - 1 high powered storm and spidey'd be in a LOT of trouble.

i love spidey, but thor's arguably marvel biggest gun. only chance he has is to somehow out-think thor and have a good writer make the plan seem plausible. logically speaking, in a straight-up fight, spidey gets beat everytime.

<<The fact that this reached 3 pages justly shows how overrated Spidey is...>>

i agree with the first part, and disagree with the second. spidey's done enough great things in marvel history that he can rarely be OVERestimated.

black robb
Spidey Vs Thor?HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!hysterical

ZephroCarnelian
Robb - I'd like to second you on that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

big grin

FieryBalrog
can we stop pretending that Spidey has a chance in order to be contrary? stick out tongue

I particularly dislike those arguments where "A beat B, B never lost to C, so A will beat C" comes up. "Hey, Spidey beat Firelord roll eyes (sarcastic) , and Firelord would toast Thor, so Spidey wins!!!!"

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Draco69
The fact that this reached 3 pages justly shows how overrated Spidey is...

cool spot on

ZephroCarnelian
lol.

Definitely spot on.

Think of it this way.

Thor gives Superman a good fight.

Would anyone put Spidey on Supes' level...?

Didn't think so....

smile

CorderaMitchell
I never said Spidey was faster than thor Cosmic Cube.

Arahan
Spider-Man versus Thor

Would be a good fight. But in the end Spider-Man loses.
Thor is too powerful.

Spidey could only Hit and Run but he is not strong enough (even with his new 15 Ton strength) to knock down Thor. Its like a 3 Year old Kid hitting a grown man. (But if Spidey kick Thor between the legs...ohhh that would hurt hehe)

Mainstream
whoa you said in the end thor loses...thor is too powerful...don't you mean Spidey loses thor is too powerful

Arahan
Sorry. I mean of course that Spider-Man loses.

Edited

Mainstream
soundwave "do not worry about it human"

CorderaMitchell
lol.

The MISTER
I don't think that Thor would waste time with such a dangerous opponent(cause he knows Spidey) and would finish this quickly. smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.