Admiral Piett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dirty Vader
Piett captain of the Executor is promoted straightly to Admiral in ESB (despite jumping a few ranks like the Vice Admiral rank). His rank insignia use to have 3 red bars on 3 blue bars, it now has 6 red bars on 6 blue bars. In ROTJ, when we briefly see him ordering his star destroyers to hold, he only has 3 red bars on 3 ble bars.
It is not said on any source that he has been demoted in ROTJ, but that he has kept his admiral rank. Whats is all this about?

Looking at a site for rank isignias, I saw that he was captain, then got promoted to Fleet Admiral (commander of death squadron fleet) and then demoted back to captain.

yerssot
you pay attention to that? messed

§pearhead
Regardless of what his rank was, he was a pretty shitty admiral.

QX100
General Veer would be an excellent Admiral

Jerico
Actually that is a blooper in all of ROTJ all of the imperial officers have the exact same insignia.

Also General Veer's wouldent make an excellent Admiral considering he was an Army officer trained and experienced in ground operations, with a small knowledge of what a starship could and couldent do most likely

§pearhead
Jerico took the words right out of my mouth.

While General Veers is the most competent non-force-using Imperial officer we meet in the movies, he is in charge of ground forces, which uses very different combat techniques. Plus, taking the Hoth base with half a dozen AT-AT's or so wasn't as much good tactics as it was overkill.

Havok
Piett was a great Admrial though i wish he didn't die at least he went down in a blaze of glory.(unlike a certin General who shall not be named*cough*Veers*cough*

Grand Moff Gav
Admiral piett was never demoted the medal mistake was made by the costume department by the time it was noticed there was no time to reshoot

Grand Moff Gav
Some of u people are nice others are not but still be happy the truth is was the best admiral the empire ever had. but people never mention Moff Jerajod (or somthing similar) he was the commander of the second deathstar famous for saying " the emperors coming here" he must have been a good admiral dont you think?

Grand Moff Gav
when i said the truth is i was refering to Piett in the prvious message

Red Superfly
General Grievous would make a good Admiral, heh.

Clai Keboa
How did Veers die then??

jedijunky1138
Jerjerard was not a Moff.

mephistodesigns
Are you sure of that? I could swear I saw his name listed as that in the credits, I think I've heard him being refered to as Moff Jerihod in the EU... I must go check the credits...

Grand Moff Gav
Jerajad was a Moff read the cridits you lightweight starwars fan

Jerico
Veers didn't die did he?

Grand Moff Gav
No he just didnt get back on the stardestroyer,you see him in line when vader boards the ship at the end ESB

§pearhead
he died in EU, i believe...however, considering that the authors said he lost his legs in the battle of hoth, and it's clear he didn't, that isn't official whatsoever...

Red Superfly
Maybe it was a phrase they used when their AT-AT was brought down.

"He lost his legs.........then it blew up with a couple of shots from a piddling little snowspeeder, even though ten seconds earlier no laser could make a mark on it"

Something like that?

§pearhead
er...Veers's AT-AT isn't brought down blink the second he hits the generator, the Rebels withdraw

Red Superfly
Oh, right, then, my bad.

So why do they say he lost his legs?

Was it like this:

Veers: "OK, shield down, you may start your landing"

ATAT Driver: "Mission complete sir, should I set a return cour>......."

*AT AT Driver turns around in his chair and sees Veers on the floor*

Veers: "My legs, I've lost my legs!"

ATAT Driver: "..............."

§pearhead
laughing out loud i honestly don't know

Jerico
heheheh, obviously we should disregard the carazy authors of that book.

Clai Keboa
Just found this on Veers, don't know if it is correct:

To achieve a place at Darth Vader's side General Veers murdered many of his competitors. He was a ruthless and aggressive general who enjoyed weakening havoc with the destructive Imperial ground forces.
He personally supervised the invasion of the Alliance's Echo Base on the planet Hoth. With several AT-AT's and a few AT-ST's he passed the deflector shield and destroyed the Energy turbine of the Rebels leaving them vulnerable to planetary invasion. Soon after Veers met his fate when a young Rebel named Hobbie Klivian heroically piloted his burning snowspeeder into the cockpit of Veers' AT-AT. The collision destroyed the Imperial Walker, killed Hobbie and claimed the General's live as well.

Grand Moff Gav
i am the new Grand Moff u better do as i say

Grand Moff Gav
do u want to join the empire cause you can

Clai Keboa
GMG ??

Grand Moff Gav
what

Jerico
This is from the offical Star Wars page

"Not much is known of Veers' activities after the fall of the Empire at Endor. He surfaced again during the resurrected Emperor's campaign as a ground officer at the Battle of Balmorra. "

So he definitly lived that story probably came from again from the SW page

"In the original script of The Empire Strikes Back, Veers perished when his walker was rammed by a snowspeeder. The scene never made it into the final film, and as such, Veers' life was spared. He appeared in early draft scripts of Return of the Jedi, though his character does not return in that film. "

Clai Keboa
Thanks Jerico, that's cleared that up nicely

GMG - Yes i do doubt you, to answer the PM you sent me.

§pearhead
I was about to say...Hobbie survived laughing out loud he shows up later, so that couldn't happen

thanks for the info, you and Jerico smile

Grand Moff Gav
if you do doubt me then i pitty u im really a nice person lol

Capt_Fantastic
His Name is Moff Jerjerrod

General Veers never dies in the movie, but in the original novelization, Hobbie does crash his speeder into the At-At, killing him.

Veers is never seen in ROTJ, hence he is never seen in the shot of Vader returning to his Star Destroyer in ESB...which was the scenen of Vader arriving on the Death Star in ROTJ, only from a differnet angle.

Grand Moff Gav
veers isnt that good anyway. Piett rules

Ogami Itto
Piett is Quality!!!he really does have a shit job!!the poor bastard has to work under Vader!! his "face acting" is brilliant u can really see the fear!!and that scene "BOUNTY HUNTERS?!?! WE DON'T NEED THAT SCUM!" Excellent!!

Grand Moff Gav
all true he is the best of the lot

ARC Trooper 117
From SW: Insider Issue #67:
'Under A DOZEN REASONS WHY RETURN OF THE JEDI DESERVES IT'S COOL-MOVIE CRED' - "#38: The Return of Piett-"Dead man walking" was the first thing that popped into viewers' heads when Admiral Piett failed to capture the Millenium Falcon at the end of The Empire Strikes Back. Yet he returns in Jedi, his competence as an officer underscored by his very presence and by his onscreen actions-for example, he's one of the few who isn't afraid to tell Vader the truth ("It's an older code sir, but it checks out. I was about to clear them). Piett's death aboard the Executor's bridge is both spectacular and worthy."

Grand Moff Gav
piett is a great guy ive net him

all part of being in the IEAC

Grand Moff Gav
I think Pietts return was a very good idea it added to the realness of the film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.