Advice, encouragement, etc, would be appreciated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheProgramSmith
I understand I am new, and there are probably a majority of people who are either going to ignore this thread or read it and disregard this, but for those who are willing to help, I wish to say thank you.

here is the situation:

I have had a crush on this girl for a while now. I saw her, and was blown away by her. Absolutely stunning.

I found out later from her roommate that she was 'unavailable,' which was pure and utter donkey turds. However, speaking with her yesterday, she made it a point to emphasize that she is not happy and leaving him. HINT 1

Yesterday at work was the first time I was left in charge. She is also a manager. She walked me through everything while we were there and said "Call me if you need any help." This, of course, was very much appreciated. However, considering my shift was Midnight - 08:00, I did not want to be a bother.
"I am not calling at 05:00!"
"No, it is okay. I will be waiting for your call. I will call at 05:15 if you don't." HINT 2

When we talked that night (at 05:00 when I called smile), she got on the topic of my conversation with her roommate. She said that she was very happy to have heard that I felt that way. She also is interested.

Now that the backround is out of the way, here is the situation. I am working tonight at midnight again (stupid graveyard shift.) She has to pick her roommate up from my work at 11:00. She asked me to go in early so we can talk. I am so nervous, I don't know what I am going to do/say. Any advice you can offer? Any words of encouragement?

Any are appreciated.

Dave123
be yourself and don't **** up

the Vee
ermm good luck man

Rogue Jedi
just be yourself. when she speaks, really listen. eye contact. dont let her catch you staring at her ****. be nice, but not too nice. girls dont like the overly nice guys. if she starts to think of you as a friend, you are screwed.

Tptmanno1
^^what he said!
Good Luck!

yerssot
*takes out pompoms*
*shakes*
TPS TPS TPS is our man
if he can't do it, no one ... ... can confused

*doesn't bother to do a split*

Dave123
aaah, yers is different today confused

Rogue Jedi
dont buy her anything yet. no flowers or candy. play it cool.

TheProgramSmith
But they are so nice to look at though. laughing

realworlddreams
me n my gf's story:
-met first day of school (2001)
-had french class together
-she had a crush on me
-second year of school 1st semester i had a crush on her
-we stopped talkin 2nd semester cuz we never saw each other
-1st semester this year we had open period and physics together, hung out almost everyday
-i had a HUGE crush on her...she had a bf tho
-this semester, she broke up w/her bf
-we decided to be each others backups for prom
-we saw the school production of Romeo n Juliet together
-we both started liking each other again
-we decided we wanted to go to prom w/each other cuz we both liked each other
-over spring break we were together 6/10 days
-the next weekend we were kissing
-day before prom i brought her roses after her dance show
-prom we made out
-tonite (2 weeks later) we are going out on our first official date

anyways...it was a long time coming for me...best of luck to you.

Dave123
well that was relevant laughing out loud

Devalion
Good Luck! smile

Rogue Jedi
oh yeah.....she will know if you are looking at her like a piece of meat. be careful, my man.

yerssot
don't get used to it smokin'

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud @ yerssot

Well just what everyone else said. Just be you, is all. Chillax and dont look tense or scared, adn all will ork out fine happy

amity75
Wear really tight trousers. Ones like Dave Lee Roths in the Van Halen Jump video should do.

Rogue Jedi
wrong wrong wrong......wear whatever is comfy. if you usually dress kinda sloppy, dress sloppy. if you dress real nice, she will see right through it. my suggestion? jeans and a tee shirt.

Chelsea23
Just be you. If you show her a different side of you, she will see you that way from now on. Take it easy. Don't make too many moves. Just have fun with her, get to know her better. smile

lil bitchiness
Are you into EMO?!?! Cos EMO looking boys tend to be hottttttttt drool

Dave123
eek! want some sex advice laughing out loud

if you don't understand that, just ignore this post yes

yerssot
can someone actually do a quick summerize? cause that was one loooong post for a saturday night...

damn... saturday! ...damn... night!... ohwell... *gets private bottle of whiskey*

TheProgramSmith
Thank you, Yerssot. But, was the skirt necessary? laughing

Rogue Jedi
make sure your breath is squeaky clean.

TheProgramSmith
We both smoke

yerssot
when I get into my role, I get INTO my role, you dig? smokin'

TheProgramSmith
I like you. You are funny. Nice to meet you.

yerssot
nice to meet you too,

now go get them tony the tiger eek!

TheProgramSmith
laughing

That sounds Grrrrrrreat!

drunk_nazgul
I'm a girl, but I still don't know how to react to a guy who has a crush on me. Mainly because a guy has never had a crush on me... but, anyways... don't be nervous, but make sure you pick up on just about everything she does. We girls do the little things that matter.
Just don't get nervous. Be cool. Make her laugh if you can.
Good luck, my friend.

TheProgramSmith
No. I am fairly 'relaxed,' and 'casual' dress. I listen to the odd emo. But, well,

hmm

A ha! I am, right now, listening to the Dazed and Confused soundtrack. Highway Star by Deep Purple. Great tune.

TheProgramSmith
I try and be funny. But, it doesn't always work. Lil B, am I funny?

lil bitchiness
Yeah you are. You rock!

drunk_nazgul
More advice: Don't space out. She might ask you a question and you wouldn't be listening... I always get aggravated at boys who do that.

yerssot
there are certain RULES that one must follow to succesfully survive a girl...

for instance
number one... you can really smell nice enough, say it don't spray it

number two... you can never throw beer over her, it's the sin! it's an extention of number one

and number three, never ever under any circumstances open up with "your place or mine", cause you won't survive

Rogue Jedi
bring rubbers.

drunk_nazgul
No, don't! That would be wrong! What if they somehow got exposed!

TheProgramSmith
I dont think condoms are necessary, considering we are conversing about our feelings for one another for the second time. This time, it isnt on the phone, nor is it going to be a 05:00

yerssot
that's why you need the rubber confused

Rogue Jedi
well, what if she grabs you and wants to do you right then and there? better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

TheProgramSmith
Touchee, salesman.

yerssot
What's yo flavoh,
tell me what's yo flavoh

drunk_nazgul
Where's the skirt?

Rogue Jedi
i know from experience. just tuck one in your wallet.

TheProgramSmith
Wallet is bad for rubbers. Well, adleast if they are in there long enough. The heat will make them break easier.

yerssot
than make sure they aren't in it for long, that's what I do stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
just for the night, dude.

TheProgramSmith
Well, I am not that attractive, so it is not that often I am "on the job"

Gravity Kills
do it anyway

TheProgramSmith
Yeah. No harm, no foul.

yerssot
march out soldier laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
shag her rotten!!!

TheProgramSmith
Oh, my God. That was funny as ****.

Rogue Jedi
tap that ass, my man!!!!! do it for the team!!!!!

TheProgramSmith
I must be a trooper. It is my destiny.

Rogue Jedi
accept it, my young apprentice. bang her six ways from sunday.

TheProgramSmith
I AM THE CLIT COMMANDER! (Sorry if you are offended by that comment. I was quoting Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.)

Rogue Jedi
i am the jedi jizzmaster.

yerssot
Use your instincts wink

Rogue Jedi
very strong in the force, is yerss....listen to him, you must.

yerssot
Save you it can laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
pull out, you must. or a father, you will be.

TheProgramSmith
Make her scream, I will.

Gravity Kills
Just being there gives you a chance of being a father

drunk_nazgul
Film it and send it to RJ. RJ will love it.

yerssot
do bring rubbers cause

"at that speed, will you be able to pull out in time??"

TheProgramSmith
Am I expected to hit 5500 RPM or something?

Gravity Kills
Here a little advice I have learned over the years...Get out of the house when gal's are bleedin

yerssot
no, just make sure you're not too short for a stormtrooper

TheProgramSmith
I dont trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesnt die.

drunk_nazgul
But he wants to talk to her, not eff her. Does he? Yet? Man, that would be lame.

Rogue Jedi
watch out for blood stained panties.

TheProgramSmith
I would like to establish a good connection before I establish THE connection. Ya dig?

Gravity Kills
Then talk away

yerssot
than don't take a Nokia phone

Rogue Jedi
well, if the oppurtunity arises to bone her, you gonna say no?

yerssot
he's gonna use the big walking carpet

TheProgramSmith
Obviously not. What guy in their right mind would turn down sex with a girl they are jonesing for?

Rogue Jedi
i gotcha. wink

Gravity Kills
good luck

TheProgramSmith
I promise I will post the results here when I get home from work. If I dont, I will face the consequences decided upon by those who have offered their advice to me.

yerssot
I'll search some football quotes in the mean time

(the one were homer simpson listens to a game with lovejoy talking ... where he says "and it was GOOOOOOOOOD" )

Rogue Jedi
we want all the dirty details!!!

TheProgramSmith
Promise, RJ. May I call you RJ?

Rogue Jedi
yes indeedy.

TheProgramSmith
Thank you, RJ.

TheProgramSmith
2 hours left

Rogue Jedi
better get warmed up.

TheProgramSmith
Debating on whether or not I want to have a 'loaded weapon' for the big night.

Rogue Jedi
yup...better flog it.

TheProgramSmith
...man I want to jack into her contruct.

JediHDM
what RJ said in the first page... big grin

TheProgramSmith
Alright, well I am off to face destiny. Speak to you all in about 10 hours or so.

I will post the nitty gritty tomorrow.

Rogue Jedi
our prayers are with you.

silver_tears
no yucky

But I hope you had a great time big grin

yerssot
only a few hours to go big grin

TheProgramSmith
It was great. She was nervous as hell. At one point, I brushed her hair bangs (I was going to say hair, but I said bangs for RJ. Bangs, ha ha ha) back and she said "The butterflies are coming back."

I will not bore you with the details of how she looked, but lets just say it is burned into my memory. She looked breath-taking.

But, sorry RJ, I got a hug and nothing else. But, it was more then enough.

That is what happened.

TheProgramSmith
Still cant sleep. I forgot to mention we are supposed to go out tonight.

burlyman
big grin w00

sauron
eek! way to go you...erm...studmuffin you!

silver_tears
very nice big grin

jamman316
can someone help me with a picture like the one above me?

Storm
You can make a signature request here: The Official Signature Request Thread smile

TheProgramSmith
Well, I would not want to disappoint my audience big grin so here is how the date went.

We started by her calling me and telling me she was lost and could not find my place. eek! How cute she is. We then stopped off at the local coffee shop where we sat, talked, then went outside to smoke (I am sorry that I smoke for those who don't agree with the aforementioned 'filthy habbit') and we started the punch buggy war. big grin We talked about who we are, drove around for a while, and eventually ended up at the cinema. Perfect first date scenerio. Very relaxed, comfortable environment. We saw Ven Helsing, which I will write a review about tomorrow. I was too nervous to make a move, and when she dropped me off, I apologized for my nerves. She walked me to the door, and now, as I write this, all I can think about is the song "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional. We kissed, and I sware, she meant every second that we kissed. She was giddy as a school girl afterwards, which we actually talked about in the car. We compared ourselves to high school kids, nervous, and unsure.

I am smiling from ear to ear, and will be until we meet again.

realworlddreams
sounds good...cept for the smokes...

TheProgramSmith
Well, that part is good to me, because I am a smoker.

TheProgramSmith
I know. Resurrected an old thread.

We were supposed to get together yesterday (My birthday!) and she called me on Sat all sad and what have you. I asked her what happened, and she didn't say anything.

She called me today at about 4 or 5, and said that she wont be able to see me for the next few days. She has a black eye. There is somthing wrong here, and I want to do my best to help, but we only just started seeing eachother, and I do not want to overstep my boundaries.

confused

wuTa
ok...did u as her how she got the black eye?

wuTa
damn where the hell he'd go?...he resurrects a thread on advice and takes off...damn canadians

TheProgramSmith
I waited for a while, nobody posted, I left. I was tired.

Line
Did you find out what had happened?

Line
Oh no!! nononono! Not my dear, innocent yerssot, don't say stuff like that!!

TheProgramSmith
It has been a while since I have talked about this girl again. Her name is BRIDGET by the way, so from now on I do not have to call her "That girl, and so on"

Anyways, the her black eye is gone and we are supposed to go out tonight. Any words of encouragement.

RJ, I will bring a rubber, I promise.

Devalion
Good Luck......be yourself.....yada, yada, yada!

TheProgramSmith
Thank you.

We haven't seen eachother in a while. This is going to be weird. But, I think I have the upper hand here. I am sick of the game, I want somebody who will not be scared to be open, be honest, be... themself.

Devalion
smile You'll be fine.

TheProgramSmith
Are you sure? laughing

I have confidence to spare right now, but even so. Who knows what it will be like when we actually see eachother.

Devalion
If you don't mind me asking, how long has it been since you've seen her? And how old are you guys?

TheProgramSmith
About a week, maybe a little longer. We are both 20. Well, she will be in a month or so.

Chelsea23
You will be fine TPS, just don't get too nervous or she might think she done something to make you nervous. It should all go well though, and have fun! smile

Devalion
Well considering that you haven't seen each other for around a week, I have full confidence that you'll be fine. Mind you I don't know either of you!!!
But I though you might not have seen each other for other a month!

TheProgramSmith
No, if that was the case, odds are I would not still talk to her.

We spent 2 days together before this whole ordeal

Rogue Jedi
tell her to shake that ass and get it loose.

TheProgramSmith
I would rather not travel the 'dirt road' quite yet. I would like to use the front door. That is, if she permits me.

Rogue Jedi
just go for it. be yourself and go for it.

TheProgramSmith
Too early, dude. Dont want to push anything

Rogue Jedi
well, wait and let her get picked up by some other dude.

TheProgramSmith
How would that benifit me?

Rogue Jedi
if you wait too long, she will find another.

TheProgramSmith
If I wait too long to sleep with her? When the time is right, I will, but I am not going to rush her. Women (for obvious reasons) dont like that.

Rogue Jedi
women like it when men are assertive, not passive.

TheProgramSmith
Not overly asertive though. Show you care, but don't overdo it.

Rogue Jedi
dont be a macho man, all full of himself, but dont be the nice guy.

TheProgramSmith
That is the exact opposite of what you just said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.