Van Helsing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason420
i know this isnt a comic book movie but i think it fits more into this section but i have 2 words for this movie ****IN sweeeeeet WOLFMAN was awsome as shit so was dracula but wolfman is better

Arachnoidfreak
there was only 2 good things about that movie. the Helsing/Dracula fight at the end and the fact that Kate Beckinsale is really f*ckin hot.

Jason420
yeah but mr. hyde looked sweet to he looked like hulk

Arachnoidfreak
yea, the special effects were decent. i do hate the fact that they revamped every classic monster. dont fix what isnt broken. the classic monsters were fine the way they were.

Jason420
wolfman was gay back then he looks better now what are you talking about so did dracula that was sweet as shit

Arachnoidfreak
first off, i said the special effects were good. second, f*ck the way they looked. read the books. the original stories are far superior to this peice of shit.

Jason420
dracula yes frankensteins monster yes wolfman no i didnt like the original i thought it was gay werewolves started in greek mythology and they always looked more wolf than man the original is gay as ****in shit

VENOMfan
Frankenstien shouldnt be in that movie, Frankenstien wasnt evil just misunderstood.

I mean the dude picked flowers and ran from farmers! how is that evil!?

Arachnoidfreak
he isnt evil in the movie either.

VENOMfan
oh Well what does he do then?

Arachnoidfreak
hes supposed to be some kind of key to bring Dracula's dead children to life.

punkyhermy
i haven't seen the film yet but the critics are dissing it bad.

Jason420
i know but its good IMO

who?-kid
The movie sucked - don't hate me smile hahaha - just speaking my mind.

Hugh Jackman was okay, but the monsters... pfff, very uninspired. More and bigger doesn't always mean better. On the contrary, I was more scared and entertained with the single alien of the first Alien-movie than I was with the monsters parade in Van Helsing.

And the story... I can see it before me, a meeting where some cigar smoking producer decides : "Oh, so big production movies with monsters and cool heroes with gadgets are in, these days ? No problem, we'll give the audience everything. That should make us some extra bucks. You, write me a story, I want it on my desk this afternoon ! You, find me a celebrity star, but not a too big star, cause all the money is going to the special effects. And you, find a female star who can shine and run at the same time. I want her also on my desk this afternoon !"

Shitty movie. Just my opinion.

PS : Arachnoidfreak is right => the original books ARE superior. Aren't they always ?

SuperNova
I agree, The movie was good action wise... But how many times did they get hit and get back up like nothing was wrong with them? And omfg how many times did those vampire ladies get close to biting her, but didnt, I mean my god, like 4 times? How many times did they get the shit knocked out of them, and then get back up! Way to many special effects, and yes, the old monsters were good the way they were.
Yea, you know what was really stupid, he turned into a werewolf and hit her a little to hard, and killed her... HOW MANY TIMES WAS SHE THROWN AROUND AND BEATEN UP? And then he kills her with one hit?! And he was like alive for 400 years or something? What was up with that!
They needed frakenstein because he had the energy that dr.frakenstein created still in him, the enrergy they couldnt recreate. But that was stil gay.
I would give it a 5 for action, and a 0 for story.

Wynndar
It looks like a summer movie CGI filled piece of shit....full of explosions and special effects to entertain all the middle schoolers with attention deficet disorder.

SuperNova
Yea, it has WAY to many cgi stuff in it, Im so sick of movies that have all CGI now, because its not REAL.
Theres too many fiction movies now that could never happen.
Marvel movies are science fiction, Science fiction takes the improvable and makes it possible, improvable means unlikely, not impossible.
This movie took the impossible and made it possible...
Id like to see a good movie with some logical stuff in it and CGI than see this shit with no way logical stuff and full of cgi.

Arachnoidfreak
they sure are!

hey now, i have attention deficet disorder, and i STILL think the movie sucked. that's saying something.

SuperNova
My god... Can I get that disease over the internet? NO, DUDE, im just joking, That was mean... why didnt I erase it? ...
Yea, but still, it was a stupid movie story wise.

WWestFlashFan
i want to see it b/c of the special effects

Rasta
It was an all-out action movie, with minor storyline. - Exactly what I expected, and I thought it was ****ing brilliant. The CGI in the film was unbelieveable, it just looked so real. I loved every minute of it, I didn't expect to see a re-run of Kill Bill 2, with lots of story, I expected action.

As for the critics.. I couldn't careless. They slated Underworld too, and I loved that also.

VENOMfan
film Critics are hardly reliable, I havent seen a bad review for Van Helsing yet 3 stars outa 4 tho I live on the west coast, but I dont doubt some critic's give it a bad review becuase there isnt a snooty guy who plays piano

Red Superfly
Yeah all the reviews have been good/decent so far.

This proves one thing: crack is much easier to get ahold of these days.

FrothByte
i liked van helsing a lot more than i did hellboy. i loved underworld more. as for the storyline, its good for other people and bad for others. i thought it was just fine. you wouldn't want a deep dark brooding storyline for an action packed movie.

Daywalker
I have to say that I expected it to be an all out action film so I wasn't disappointed. The story was lacking but that's not what I was looking for anyway. I liked the twist on the horror icons personally because personally characters like Dracula have been portrayed in the same way through various movies for sooooo long that it gets kind of boring.

Didn't care for the werewolf transformation or the final Dracula vs Van Wolfman fight because the action was too fast to even view. Dracula was such a wuss for him to look so lethal in the last fight too.

I have to say that I enjoyed this film alot better than Hellboy.

wolverine8888
I can't wait to see this movie

kal-el
I thought this film was a complete let down. It was a shit load fun I grant you,and the special effects were amazing but the acting was sucky and the plot with a werewolf being able to kill the lord of the vampires was pure bullsh*t!Dracula can control all creatures of the night for a start and his powers are far beyond that of a werewolf.The count was very funny and his brides were fine off the hook! Jackmans accent was laughable.Van Helsing is supposed to be German(yes I know this was 'Gabriel' not the original Abraham but still!). The idea of Van Helsing fighting all the monsters excited me greatly before I saw this film but it for me it was a complete disappointment as far as quality was concerned. It was still very enjoyable though - don't get me wrong, and very funny at times! But a bit more taste was required IMO!sorry - A LOT MORE!

SpyCspider
heh...wait, this movie wasn't a comedy??

Audience laughed from start to finish at how cheesy it was. Trust me, this movie would rock so much more if you're high...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.