Should a new Superman movie be made?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sonofasaiyan
Should a new Superman film be made considering there far superior CGI effects today compared to 20+ years ago. And who should play him? Tom Welling (Smallville) or Dean Cain (Lois and Clark)?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/user_sigs/customsig_30922_uR.gif

mpatterson
its not going to be them one to young and one a little older now.
remeber tom welling is playing a young version of superman,
in smallville lex luther is a nice guy. soon heel go nuts and start
kill people and he can not know superman's eyedenttre.

eleveninches
I doubt that it will be either of them, but I liked dean cain as CK a lot more than Tom Welling. Tom always seemed to be a whiney superman, but the first things I saw of superman was the TV show with Dean Cain.

mpatterson
i think pasted supermans would just pass the tourch and dean cain was a
good superman

LeAtHerRFace
Dean Cain

Rasta
Tom Welling.

inni23
Dean Cain

visit users.skynet.be/bongoo

Colabee
I wouldn't really want either of them for the new movie. I'm still rooting for an unknown.

hobington
I read on the web that the script has been on the shelf for three years due to not finding the right actor ( think it wasin the times) Brandon Fraiser was aproched

I can't really see him has Superman

the artical wAS ABOUT UPDATING Superman in the comics the new writers wanted to give him flaws make him a darker character like batman

hobington
it was posted in the Entertainment section of Aol but it was writin by the New York Times and dame if I can find it now

hobington
oh and the reason actors are turning down the role is because no one wants to wear the tights go figure

OB1-adobe
I would like to see Tom Welling as Superman. Right now it would make sense. To have a movie without all of the exposition of he came to earth.

bigp
I would love a new Superman movie, but I don't want Dean Cain as Superman. For most resemblence to the TRUE movie Superman (Christopher Reeve) it would have to be Tom Welling. The guy looks and sounds like he could be Reeve's younger brother or son.

As for the plot of the movie, not sure if I'd want a continuation of the plotlines in the Reeve movies (ie, make a Superman V) or if they should start from scratch. I'm not a huge reader of the Superman comics, but even so in the 17-or-so years since Superman IV a LOT has changed in the comics.

Actually, what I'd really like would be a movie version of the Doomsday story (Superman's Death, the Cyborg etc) from around 1993-4, although that would be a little ambitious I think for a first new movie.

FreeFallingHero
To be honest, there IS a new Superman movie being planned, it is properly names: Superman Returns. It is due out in the summer of 06. The only named cast of the movie is the star, Brandon Routh, who is a very unknown actor starring in a MTV soap opera "undressed" His short resume inclueds guest appearances on "One Life To Live", "Will And Grace", and "Gilmore Girls". that is pretty much all i could find on the movie other than sets of the Kent Farm are being made in Fox Studios Sydny, Aus and shipped to a small country town to be filmed. Reports of Daily Planet sets being made are also being circulated.

KAL_EL_REBORN
Brandon Routh was fired from the soap he was on for um "not being a good enough actor" which was the reason the producers of the show gave.. They re-casted his role, and got another actor who fit there bill a bit better..
hmmm he was also on crap shows like Gilmore Girls, and MTV Undressed... VERY BAD casting by Bryan Singer.... Very BAD!
Ive seen Brandon Routh, and wooden is not what id call his acting skills.
Id call em non-existing to be honest.
The guys a terrible terrible actor... one of the worst i have ever seen in my life to be honest.
The only way i would like to see a new superman movie is if its with the new incarnation which is Smallvilles Tom Welling... OR a new origins which has nothing to do with either the old movies or the smallville cast.

This new movie with B.J as he is called will fail big time because of the concept, and bad casting.
Alot of bad buzz, and bad backlash has followed this movie already, and not 1 scene has even been shot yet!
most movie or superman sites such as "super hero hype" "aint it cool news" "thekryptonian.com" "kryptonsite.com", "talk.thewb.com", and many others have had many people saying that they will not watch the movie because they picked the wrong person for the role.
also a person who looks nothing like Superman.

Ive seen many people express there hatred for singers casting choice, and after watching this screwup work on some shows ill agree he sucks!
the guy looks like he's reading cue cards when he says his lines.

Tom Welling is the new Superman, and this movie is very dissrespectful in how its going to tread over the Reeve movies.
Its a basic sequel to superman 2.. Story picks up 6 years after the events in Superman 2... The main badguy is going to be Zod again!
Speaking of bad ideas.
I will pass on this movie... I dont care how nice the fx look when the trailer hit.. Singer has let me, and millions of Superman die hards down.
Big time.
He should have stayed with his xmen movies...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.